IGNORED

Prisons Full - Should We Introduce Death Penalties?

Louis

Kill the paedophiles, rapists and murderers for a start and then you'll free up alot of space in one go. ALL human rights should be removed for the animals in prison, they give them up as soon as they break the law. Punish them ffs not actually give them a better life than they'd have in the outside world.

Never knew how right wing some of you are :) I know the media is always feeding us stories about how dossy prisons are but I am sure none of us would like to go there and I am sure they are very far removed from 'Holiday Camps'. Apart from the odd scandalous story in some of the red tops about lax prisons I am sure none of us have an accurate knowledge of what goes on it these places so I don't really think that we can say that prison is too easy. Also ffs killing anyone who gets life what if someone is wrongly convicted oh sorry you're f*cked cos you are already dead, I can't see any other solution apart from building more prisons. In the long term I think you could introduce parenting classes and things for these scallies who get pregnant at 15 and treat their children as fashion accessories but we wouldn't see the benefit of that for at least a generation :(

Never knew how right wing some of you are :)

Me neither....find it very hard to fathom. Power of the tabloids is my guess (and also being too young to remember the misery of the last right wing government we had). Address drug and alcohol problems is the obvious answer...they account for a vast amount of inmates, but how to do that when the government refuses to put any money into addiction services (partly because the tabloids would have a field day about "soft treatment for junkies") I don't know.

Edited by mikeo

Derek Bentley, Timothy Evans are just two names in the history of unjust executions.

We as a nation have moved on from killing people for revenge, a sentence is a punishment, but execution is revenge, and that has no place in today's society.

As one who has killed in the line of duty, any form of "murder" is abhorrent in the extreme. I'm not saying current custodial sentences have it right, far from it, but let us have a look at the way long term prisoners are treated.

The question is so multiple choice, I don't think any answer is "right".

ATB

Mac

All drugs should be legalised,they can be regulated and taxed,taking millions of pounds in drug dealer money off the street. All Violence + Sexual crimes ie: rapes,murders,paedos should be hanged/shot/gassed/lethal injection if not all together! then use one of those islands in the outer hebridies in scotland, to build an Alcatraz style fortress.

Lack of investments, the human rights act, better investigatory procedures, failing judicial system, high influx of people entering the country, lack of accurate criminal record history of people entering the UK, disbelief of the general public....

All the problem...

The answer...more prisons, more exportation of foreign criminals (as the US does), more stringent procedure and investigation of those entering the UK, disposal of the Human Rights Act once an offender is convicted of a serious offence, etc,etc,etc...

Just as I see it anyway!

:D

Capital Punishment should be abolished!!!

Not all convicted or muderers did murder someone and not all those out among us are innocents.

At times the wittyness of a lawyer can make a guilty innocent and an innocent guilty...

You,me,the court judges are in no position to judge a person to be guilty or innocent and let lone capital punishments...for the truth only God knows....

The solution? get back to basics..the education...the moral value....equal rights for black/white/colored/man/woman...reduce the gap btween rich and poor...employment for all..bread and butter in everyone's plate....mutual respect for all....In all go back to your religion.No religion preaches crime,,,Christianity,Islam,Judism....all preaces peace for mankind.Now some will say Islam preacches terror but in reality the religion does not but the media and your politicians made you believe so. Learn it, explore the hly books with open mind, adopt it, follow it.If anyone the above mentioned basic needs are broken,thats when men manipulates his religion and thats when politicians fool the society by inducing religious tensions....before you accuse look at urself...are you perfect? if you are not, then you are in no position to Judge another....nor are you in a position to take the life of another....Everyone deserves chances to repent.....

PEACE FOR ALL

I wonder what is the percentages are for the different types of offenders in prison

E.g 10% Murder, 5% peodo, 20% robbers and so on

I guess that the death penelty for murder and other severe crimes would only sort out the minority of the prison population

Each case must be delt with as an individul case as there are a variety of reason people offend

Personally I believe that we need to re-introduce strong disipline and moral values from child hood. The current selfish capitalistic dog -eat-dog, greed is good values are causing the problems

Kids have always been little bastards and will get away with as much as they can, for most a dose of disaplin sorts them out, but it seems more and more that the touchy feely approach is bening used, so people just think "that wasnt so bad, I can get away with that again, there starts the slippery slope.

People should be made responsibe for their actions

Society is to blame and the above is the answer,

I am not turning to religion for a way to live when I dont believe in any of it, I have no faith in a God, only in myself to do what is right. I dont need to read a book (or a story if you will) to tell me how to live, I have never read the Bible or followed any religion and Im not doing too bad without it.

I am not turning to religion for a way to live when I dont believe in any of it, I have no faith in a God, only in myself to do what is right. I dont need to read a book (or a story if you will) to tell me how to live, I have never read the Bible or followed any religion and Im not doing too bad without it.

Agree with that completely Mark, you don't need religion to be a good person and being religious sure as hell doesn't make you a good one. Religion has been used for (and been the cause of) good and evil throughout history, it has no bearing on an individuals capacity for right or wrong IMO.

Agree with that completely Mark, you don't need religion to be a good person and being religious sure as hell doesn't make you a good one. Religion has been used for (and been the cause of) good and evil throughout history, it has no bearing on an individuals capacity for right or wrong IMO.

Personally, I believe religion should be banned (no im not joking)

But the human spirit requires a faith to believe in, I think its all bollocks

All i am saying is we need moral values...i am not saying only religion preaches it....

and in no way a man can murder (hangs) another man in the name of law....

Definitly the beliefs,the up bringings, the society and definityly how the media and politicians play a big part in brainwashing us.A repeated lie on media makes most to believe it is a truth........

We need to build morale values and also from human point of view, we should not support any politicians (no matter how good his lies are) who uses his power to kill innocents....

We just dont see the point do we? for example, an individual in USA kills his neighbour den he has committed crime....But a politician lied to his ppl (G Bush), goes to war till today and in the process his action killed 800,000 and how come we never call him murderer/evil? we will never do so because they fabricated the story beautifully, the use religion as a issue, they make most of us in west who are non mulims and no idea what islam really is to believe that muslims=terror.Since we are non muslms, we support these actions of killing...we could have lost our morale values....wake up ppl.... its time to remove these Politicians who kills millions ...power is a cycle...what has ha[[ened to them could happen to us in near future...wake up!

All i am saying is we need moral values...i am not saying only religion preaches it....

and in no way a man can murder (hangs) another man in the name of law....

Definitly the beliefs,the up bringings, the society and definityly how the media and politicians play a big part in brainwashing us.A repeated lie on media makes most to believe it is a truth........

We need to build morale values and also from human point of view, we should not support any politicians (no matter how good his lies are) who uses his power to kill innocents....

We just dont see the point do we? for example, an individual in USA kills his neighbour den he has committed crime....But a politician lied to his ppl (G Bush), goes to war till today and in the process his action killed 800,000 and how come we never call him murderer/evil? we will never do so because they fabricated the story beautifully, the use religion as a issue, they make most of us in west who are non mulims and no idea what islam really is to believe that muslims=terror.Since we are non muslms, we support these actions of killing...we could have lost our morale values....wake up ppl.... its time to remove these Politicians who kills millions ...power is a cycle...what has ha[[ened to them could happen to us in near future...wake up!

I am fully awake. Do you think every is gullable enough to believe everything Blair and Bush say and you are the only one who can 'see through' their lies? I know that it's all bollox, I dont need you to 'preach' to me and I dont think anybody else does either.