IGNORED

Fishman V's Everton

GoldfishMemory

After waiting over 10 days without reply from Everton and the Arsenal match rapidly approaching I decided I'd take the bull by the horns this morning and phoned Everton. They were going to call me today apparently!!!

So I have a meeting at 2:30pm Friday afternoon with Lindsay Veitch who is the deputy stadium manager (or something like that). He seemed very negative regarding my comment that the stadium policing seems to be a result of the introduction of Ray Foy as stadium manager some months ago and he seems to think I should be talking to the police about this issue which I see as pointless without evidence.

I will however meet with him on Friday and put forward my case as I do believe Everton are in control of how their premisis is policed and that it is their responsability to provide a level of care to their paying customers. I honestly think that the people sat in the offices at Everton don't actually understand the mentality of Merseyside Police.

As for my season ticket well that is still up for discussion so I expect I'll get it back if I play nice, goodbye season ticket methinks!

I'll keep you all updated come Friday.

Well in Liam, put your case forward in a strong but controlled manner, once you lose your cool and start raising your voice you will lose their respect, then they will look upon you as the hooligan they think you are.

Good luck Mate and keep your cool.

BANNED for the rest of the season!

Listened to what I had to say, infact discussed several issues in depth with me but all he could say was they will address the situation and already have done by odering minmal policing for Sundays game and allowing the stewards to do their job. It was agreed that there had been very little trouble over the past months & there is a noticable trend towards night games being a hot spot. It was also agreed that the behaviour of the police is unacceptable but without evidence & me making a formal complaint to merseyside police there is very little I can do about it. Then after a lengthy discussion on very friendly terms they dropped the bomb shell and left me with only the option to appeal which will mean missing the Arsenal game even if (which I doubt) I am successful.

I suppose I have to trust the integrity of the club to actually act on the points I have made and maybe learn from the additional perspective I have given. I wont hold my breath but we can hope!

Just so you all know they got me on exactly what I predicted they would which was re-entering the ground after being initially ejected. Regardless of any surrounding circumstances I broke a rule and don't have a leg to stand on.

Is it worth pursuing further with no evidence? I think not but I am still worried for the safety of people the police seem to be singling out sadly it takes alot of firepower to go up against the biggest gang in the world, the police!!

Either the press (if you want to make noises and cause a stink) or your local MP are two alternatives that come to mind.

Ask them to re-imburse you for your season ticket money if you are not able to go again. Because if you were'nt a ticket holder. banning you for the season wouldnt cost you money cos you just wouldnt go, But you have already paid for the next four home games, or is it five.

Not right mate, not sure they can do that....................Appeal very strongly.

Either the press (if you want to make noises and cause a stink) or your local MP are two alternatives that come to mind.

Ask them to re-imburse you for your season ticket money if you are not able to go again. Because if you were'nt a ticket holder. banning you for the season wouldnt cost you money cos you just wouldnt go, But you have already paid for the next four home games, or is it five.

Not right mate, not sure they can do that....................Appeal very strongly.

They are re-imbursing the next 5 home games Bill & I can (WILL) appeal but without firm evidence I'm gona look like a bit of a prick kicking up a fuss & without making a formal complaint to the police will the papers or MP listen??

I also have my brother to think about who has to attend the next 5 games & they know he's my brother so he could in theory become a target for a bit of retribution from the already overly aggressive police! :angry:

They are re-imbursing the next 5 home games Bill & I can (WILL) appeal but without firm evidence I'm gona look like a bit of a prick kicking up a fuss & without making a formal complaint to the police will the papers or MP listen??

I also have my brother to think about who has to attend the next 5 games & they know he's my brother so he could in theory become a target for a bit of retribution from the already overly aggressive police!

ah right, your on a sticky wicket then Liam. You have to weigh up the Pro's and Con's mate, like you said going up against the Police can sometimes be more Detrimental to an outcome, but at least you got your money back.

Probs best to swallow your pride and think of your kinfolk, (Blood is thicker than water an all that) cos it seems the bastards have got you by the short and curlies.

You get my respect for going as far as you did. well done mate.

So sorry to hear about this Liam, for many reasons. The thing that gets my goat about your situation is the simple fact they know you will be affected by this decision to the extreme, I mean it's not like being barred from the local pub, this is your Club FFS. They will rely on your blind devotion to come back next year, and the next, and the next. I feel you have some serious questions to ask yourself right now.

Well done for taking it as far as you have, my heart is bleeding for you in the truest sense of the phrase.

ATB

Jon

So sorry to hear about this Liam, for many reasons. The thing that gets my goat about your situation is the simple fact they know you will be affected by this decision to the extreme, I mean it's not like being barred from the local pub, this is your Club FFS. They will rely on your blind devotion to come back next year, and the next, and the next. I feel you have some serious questions to ask yourself right now.

Well done for taking it as far as you have, my heart is bleeding for you in the truest sense of the phrase.

ATB

Jon

I know exactly what your saying mate but to cut off my nose to spite my face would be pointless. They will fleece me of my cash again and treat me like shite next season but lets face it nothing else matters but the roar of the crowd and the boys in blue for those 90 minutes.

I love my club and some suit in an office or bully victim in a uniform arnt gona take that away from me no matter how hard they try!

As mentioned earlier L, my sense of indignation at your plight has made me question one or two things.

All power to your elbow, and remember what goes around comes around. That was from T, who is disgusted at your treatment.

Never understood that phrase myself.

ATB

Mac

Thats a bit over the top isnt it

They basically are BANNING you from Everton for 5 games

What are you being banned for exactly re-entering the ground after being ejected ?

What were you originally ejected from the ground for ?

This is a fookin joke

Thats a bit over the top isnt it

They basically are BANNING you from Everton for 5 games

What are you being banned for exactly re-entering the ground after being ejected ?

What were you originally ejected from the ground for ?

This is a fookin joke

Exactly right Zed I broke the rules by re-entering the ground regardless of the circumstances so they have me to the letter of the law.

The basis of my appeal will be that I should not have been ejected in the first place and I believe everton should be protecting the interests of their paying customers rather than punishing what was a moment of stupidity during a destressing period. It all however has no basis for any mistreatement by the club and will only realistically be retracted should my situation and the professionalism of which I conducted myself this afternoon pull on the heart strings of someone with a deciding influence.

Their stance could quite easily be I broke the rules so I will be punished and I should take up my complaint regarding the initial ejection with the perpetrators Merseyside Police. In which case I will be back at square one of weather the fight for justice is worth the possible repercussions for myself, my brother and other known friends at the game!!

I will compose a letter to the club all the same and hope my meeting with Lindsay Vietch today proved to him I wasnt the tracky wearing little thug he no doubt expected to walk into his office. Maybe I have convinced him to cast a vote in my favour at the appeal stage but all I can do is give it a shot.

I dont think the punishment fits the crime, and you probably dont either

You re-entered the ground after being ejected = 5 game ban?

It worth appealing though, definately

Id come at it from the sympathy angle, not worth being billy big bollocks when you havnt got a leg to stand on

You'll miss the arsenal game, why try and ban you for more, you love the blues and a refund and a ban is not good enough

a few points ive got here liam, and im gutted for you mate.

you break the rules, so you get a 5 match ban, the police broke the rules when they assaulted that kid, they broke the rules by the way they treated you. the club broke the rules by the way you and other peoples safety had been compomoised. yet your the only party to be punished.

you say you have no evidence, well if you have no evidence then surely they dont have any evidence? as really it would mastly be the same evidence, just interpretation.

did you talk to them about the way that kid was treated/assaulted?

do they have cctv footage of any of the incidents? or has any cctv which may bring the police into question strangely disapeared?

• 3 weeks later...

The key point is the mobile and CCTV video evidence. There are several downloadable PC applications which can recover deleted video footage from mobile phones, the police themselves use a type in forensic investigations. You need a sim card reader for your PC which you can get for less than £5 on ebay and the software itself:

One is Data Doctor Recovery Memory Card. Fill in fake details to DL the trial straight away, dont even need to activate from the entered email account.

Data Doctor Recovery Memory Card (exe)

Another is Pro Data Doctor I dont know if you could pick it up on a torrent or newsgroup for free.

As for the CCTV, I dont believe one second of footage isn't kept in storage, who's responsible for that - the police or club? The cost is minimal for a security operation of this size. I'd be inclined to give it to the papers and take free legal advice as has been suggested. Makes me sick to thing the police can do what they like and get away with it.