IGNORED

New Car

Adam

I am looking at getting a new car and after looking at a few it has come down to a Peugeot 307 cc or a renualt Megane CC.

The reason for this is that need a 4 seater (otherwise would have gone for a 206cc) and have been priced out of a Vauxhall Astra twin Top.

Anyway leaning towards the Megane and was wondering if anyone on here has had a Megane hard top cc?

The one I am looking at is 10 months old (06 plate)

I am looking at getting a new car and after looking at a few it has come down to a Peugeot 307 cc or a renualt Megane CC.

The reason for this is that need a 4 seater (otherwise would have gone for a 206cc) and have been priced out of a Vauxhall Astra twin Top.

Anyway leaning towards the Megane and was wondering if anyone on here has had a Megane hard top cc?

The one I am looking at is 10 months old (06 plate)

Hi there Adam, have bad experience of the Renault Megane Coupe Convertible...lots of problems with leaking and also problems with Renault dealing with the problems. Would suggest strongly that you stay away!! I know this wasn't a lone problem as I have spoken to other people with same car and same problem.

Don't know anything about the Peugeot so not able to comment on that.

Good luck with your purchase!

Blue_Bird

:P

Of the two I'd go for the 307, though I've no experience of driving either. Personally I'd like a 306 Cabriolet (or in my dreams a fully restored totally problem free 1967 Triumph Vitesse 2 litre with overdrive, registration number RPD 243E...the car my dad bought home when I was eight :lol: . What memories ;) .).

Cheers for the info. I know have a big problem as its the missus that is buying it for me however she wants the Megane as doesn't like the look of the 307 as much.

I have test drove a megane and 307 and didn't think there was much difference in the driving side of it.

I was worried about the problems with the leaking roof that Blue_Bird said and according to reports (not from renualt) but the car got a face life in 2006 which rectified the problem. Not certain how true that is.

Blue_Bird how long ago did you have the problem and was it a hard top or the old soft top?

All joking aside Adam Peugeot in general make better cars than Renault and their aftersales / servicing department seems to be in better shape too. Renault seem to have more "serious" problems with their cars and they also seem more reluctant to fix them. I'm also reliably told that the body panels on Renaults are made of tinfoil i.e. the are prone to denting very easily compared to other cars.

Hope I'v been more helpefull with this post :P

Hiya Adam,

car was an 06 plate hard top, registered May last year. Wasn't actually mine, was my ex boyfriends. Spent weeks and weeks at a time back with Renault getting "repaired". Boot was constantly wet, windows leaked, side panels were then mis aligned after repairs. I know he regretted getting rid of his BM for it. Actually spoke to other people with the same car, labelled it the biggest pile of S**te! Looks the part but not worth the hassle. Oh yeh, had a problem with the car wobbling as well at around 60 mph.

Blue_Bird

:P

Could be! It was only recently I found out that Lickers partner george is short for Georgina. :D

Well thanks very much Louis, i Hope nobody else thinks i bat for the Other side......My Missus George is 100% female, and twenty years younger than me, she certainly keeps my pecker up.

I have a Peugeot 307 (hard top)and am generally happy with it as a whole, only thing that bugs me is the auto transmission having a mind of its own but if u get manual that solves that one.If only my g/f could drive manual I could get one aswell. I too was priced out of a new shape astra, lovely as they are.

All joking aside Adam Peugeot in general make better cars than Renault and their aftersales / servicing department seems to be in better shape too. Renault seem to have more "serious" problems with their cars and they also seem more reluctant to fix them. I'm also reliably told that the body panels on Renaults are made of tinfoil i.e. the are prone to denting very easily compared to other cars.

Hope I'v been more helpefull with this post :P

most of this would have been true, but now renault are in bed with nissan build quality is supposed to be quite a bit better.

serious problems are coming down a lot too.

ive been working with peugeot for 4years now, i always said to people dont buy one (then i get blinded by leather seats and a GTi badge and get my cheque book out!) you will have problems with it, the only good thing for it is the plastic front wings (handy if your bird drives your car)

the modern hard top converts all have problems. even the all singing, all dancing benz's are having problems with theirs (and they designed most of these for everyone else) but if you do insist on getting a convert, pay the extra and try for a german.

the french will let you down!!!