IGNORED

Why Do We Bother?

I am seriously starting to think why in gods name do I bother supporting a club who don't come out & say anything positive to its goddamn supporters!? before you start I understand that we have always been treated like this but my God we (the team, supporters) battle hard and its started to actually get us somewehere, 4th, 6th but for what!?!? So the club can show a distinct lack of aspiration to push the team / club on any further!?!? We seemingly now have the mighy Blackburn, Birmingham & even Sunderland with more money / aspirations than us, but moreover more ambition to actually purchase players who can make a difference to the outcome of games! Look at Manny fair enough thats a lot of wedge but its PROVEN that with him in the side he could actually change the potential outcome of a game so IMO 12 for a six year contract (push him / train him at his overall workrate as DM used this as an exscuse late in the season) and that works out at 2M PA, thats not that bad surely especially when we have wasted so much wonga over the years on absolute tosh players, the supporters wanted him, the players liked him hence see ya from the mighty (HA!!) Everton FC!!

I am getting really pissed off that clubs like above seem to be having the potential edge over us with regards to cash & what do we hear from our beloved club?? FUCKALL!!! AS EVER!!! Kenwright you have taken us so far but pleeeeeeeeeeeease if you cannot take us the step further (without moving us out of OUR City) will you please leave your ego at the stage door and sell up to someone who can!!!

Any facts to back up what your saying, or is it just a generally ill thought repetative rant.

It is frustrating that we have not signed anyone yet, but we have been critisised for telling the world our business and been gazumped at the 11th hour

We are now doing busness in a business like manner.

One thing is for certain YOUR DAMED IF YOU DO AND DAMED IF YOU DONT

Blackburn, Birmingham & even Sunderland with more money / aspirations than us

Who have they signed?

I think we should sell to a dodgy eastern european business man who made his money through "oil", pay over the odds for merchanies and pay them six figure salaries despite better players being available on the open market.

then when we still finish mid table and the clus is saddled with debt and players who hate each other, maybe a few of you will see how good BK is for the club

im amazed that people think money = instant success

newcastle have been spending large amounts of money on a yearly basis and what have they won ?? sweet fa.

why the hell do people think that west ham, villa, birmingham and blackburn will be world beaters just because they have a few pennies to spend ? its not about buying high value players, its about buying the right players for the club.

italian teams, this comment is aimed at lazio parma fiorentina and roma, spent zillions in the late 90s and won fuck all. those clubs almost went under, indeed fiorentina did whilst parma are still paying for it today, as they wasted money on over priced players like signori and mendieta.

do we want to be the same ?? or would you rather this club move forward slowly before pushing the top 4 and finally being debt free ?

what we need is a few more years of finishing in the top 6/7 and cementing our place as a top uefa cup side.

yes we need investment but a complete over haul of the board of directors is a disaster waiting to happen. remember peter johnson ?? enough said

7 years ago we would have killed to have finish in the top 10 four seasons out of five...lets get behind BK and DM and stop moaning

Check out(if you can bring yourself to do so)....a random rs forum!!quite a few

of the rs are worried about their new american owners!!Sure they are going to

get their nice superdome,that on bad days may be 2/3 full...and they might get

the odd big name......overpriced and probably past his best,and that's about it!

Thay are pulling their hair out over Rafa maybe walking out!!

The same Yanks that tried to buy Aston Villa with their borrowed money....and who

said Baseball was really more their game!!

I'm 100% behind Kenwright and Moyes....should have been 5th this last season!

WAS 4th the other season.....finishing above teams that have either sold out or

have plenty of money!!

You don't know what you've got till it's gone!

Yeha, a bit of optimism, that's what I like to see. It's all true; if (possibly when) all twenty Premiership clubs have huge investment and so much money spilling around that even the kitman gets £10,000 a week they can't all win trophies, and three teams will still get relegated every year. Takes more than money to be successful as has already been pointed out.

i cant belive birmingham are beeing took over by the 5th richest man in the world

Indeed they are....putting it from a different angle, this new owner is TWICE as rich as the owner of chelsea....Probably due to its Asian connection i assume,,,,

I relly would love to break into that top 4 by ourselver but every season that seems more and more unlikely with more and more takeover by arabian and bald people.

We have been unattractive for investors over the years, perhaps with maybe a new stadium, that could change.

As for DM and BK always supported them and always will for the same reasons as Blue 250.

id be bricking it if i was a brum fan

at the moment they, along with spurs, are the best run club in the premiership. The owners dont pay over the odds for players or spend lots of money on salaries, which ruins dressing harmony.

Do they honestly want to sell out and run the risk of being ruined as a club ? and if they do sell out, do the fans honestly think that all of a sudden the club will buy players like kaka raul buffon etc ? nope...they will probably do what west ham have done, bought average players for over the odds and for massive salaries

does everybody honestly think mr abramovich will be at chelsea forever ? and he keep bank rolling them for decades to come ?

one day all these big backers will get bored with football and pull out, then the clubs will be in real trouble

Spot on

Abramovich is already showing signs of loosing interest at Chelsea and when he walks and it is only a matter of time they are in deep shit, maybe even bankrupt but at best they will do a Leeds.

The yanks at Liverpool now look like they are backing down on the big transfer budget they had promised.

Living above your means can only lead to trouble in the long run.

I as well think people get a bit confused with investment of clubs. They think investment in clubs will bring success. You have to remember that once the owners of clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea lose interest they will then just dump the club and buy some other club. By placing so much faith in one person to bring a club to success, it will only that same man to walk out and the club will collapse. Everton is unique as it can rely on its youth acadamy to bring in its talent while other clubs need to buy theirs. All we need to do is maintain a spot in Europe and we will get success.

I as well think people get a bit confused with investment of clubs. They think investment in clubs will bring success. You have to remember that once the owners of clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea lose interest they will then just dump the club and buy some other club. By placing so much faith in one person to bring a club to success, it will only that same man to walk out and the club will collapse. Everton is unique as it can rely on its youth acadamy to bring in its talent while other clubs need to buy theirs. All we need to do is maintain a spot in Europe and we will get success.

i dont think we need investment, but we do need a more "suitable" owner.

and also, we have got a good reputation for our academy. but look at our first team, we bought most of it! we do need to rely on buying players to improve in the short term