IGNORED

Vogel To Become A Blue

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be a load of Bollox but then it might not be.

They want to get rid of him but he wont go until they pay him the remainder of his Contract, Thats been holding up the deal from day one, thats just happened with Freddie Lungberg, he wanted to stay but Arsenal sold him and part of the fee went to freddie to pay up his contract.

We can't afford to pay 1m for this player and we are bidding 11M for lucho or whatever the name is???.....mmmm.......

Different cercumstances, we thought we were getting the fella for nothing, he is a squad addition

Then a 1m price tag pops up, This is nothing to do with Everton. We will sit and wait for it to sort its self out

• 3 weeks later...
I think its too late to bring this guy in now.

I don't think we need another midfielder really, a striker is what we need. And fuck Manny, why should we buy a player who really doesn't want to play for us?

How do we know he didn' twant t play for us.

For all ew know the board did not have the money for him and Yak and they choose Yak. All we know the FA said no to the deal.

I got the feelin from reading what he said on Sky Sports that he doesn't know why the deal was called off

• 3 months later...

I like this bit .....

There is also interest from the Bundesliga, but Vogel confirmed he wanted to move to England adding: "For me the Premier League has always been very attractive."

meaning .. I think i will get more money in the Prem. :D Could be a good signing tho, if we get him.

I have no problem with this at all. Fair enough he's 30, but he's free. As long as he isn't asking for silly wages then i can't see any real problem with this. I was worried about the vogel transfer in the summer when betis started pushing for a fee, but if he is coming over to us for free then i think its a great move. We will finally start to get decent numbers in our squad.

Though i do agree that we need a long term replacement for carsely. But i can't see us securing a player that would fit this bill in january.

Agree maybe should be looking for better but as we all know DM does not like buying in Januray so would never expect the players we sign in Jan to set the transfer world alight.

a free transfer with solid experience I beleive in europe and will help with the 3 players (I beleive) that we will lose in Jan for the AN cup.

Maybe a couple more to help out with hopefully the extra games we got next year

I think with Yobo goin this might give Jagielka a chance to solidify a first team place. Yobos gettin on a bit now isnt he? Or Paddy Boyle havnt seen much but he traveled wit the squad to the West Ham game also Stubbs is out so we might need Boyle.

Not really he is only just 27 (6/9/1980) stll got a few years left in him yet.

I think with Yobo goin this might give Jagielka a chance to solidify a first team place. Yobos gettin on a bit now isnt he? Or Paddy Boyle havnt seen much but he traveled wit the squad to the West Ham game also Stubbs is out so we might need Boyle.

Knowledge is the bomb!!! :o parp!

A few messages really shock me on this - 1st some chap saying he hoped we'd lose to West Ham last night!!! and now STATO here - Yobo's getting on a bit!!! - what next? A thread talking about a young winger Andy Van Der Meyde who's been putting some impressive performances in the ressies and seeing a bright future for this young lad!!! - I've come on here to have the crack about the team I love - it's sometimes hard when some people really don't have a clue...

Knowledge is the bomb!!! :o parp!

A few messages really shock me on this - 1st some chap saying he hoped we'd lose to West Ham last night!!! and now STATO here - Yobo's getting on a bit!!! - what next? A thread talking about a young winger Andy Van Der Meyde who's been putting some impressive performances in the ressies and seeing a bright future for this young lad!!! - I've come on here to have the crack about the team I love - it's sometimes hard when some people really don't have a clue...

Sorry fuckin hell! This fourm is horrible when u get something wrong u av people jumping on ya back trying to tell ya whats what Y cudnt ya just reply like Brummie Blue not rantin an ravin on a shity story. He told me simply but not u. Notice y i put a question mark by the question that was because i was unsure and if u wud have simply sed i wuldnt have had to write this post now.sorry but that gets right on me nerves... but in Footballing years hes middle age u cud say. Discluding Stubbsy hes r oldest defender I think (dont start moanin if i am wrong) :P

Edited by Josh Berno

Sorry fuckin hell! This fourm is horrible when u get something wrong u av people jumping on ya back trying to tell ya whats what Y cudnt ya just reply like Brummie Blue not rantin an ravin on a shity story. He told me simply but not u. Notice y i put a question mark by the question that was because i was unsure and if u wud have simply sed i wuldnt have had to write this post now.sorry but that gets right on me nerves... but in Footballing years hes middle age u cud say. Discluding Stubbsy hes r oldest defender I think (dont start moanin if i am wrong) :P

To be fair Joey could play another 10 years if he looks after himself properly. Granted, that's a big if. Remember, defenders do tend to have longer careers.

"Remember, defenders do tend to have longer careers."

Can apply to anyone if they keep themselves in good shape ...... Teddy Sheringham 41 years old, still playing, and was still in the prem up to 18 months ago.

I agree tho, there is probs more defenders than strikers who go on to a "Ripe old Age". :)

EDIT, just found a bit of info on Teddy........

Sheringham dropped down a division to Championship West Ham United,[19] and was the division's third-highest goalscorer with 20 goals. He won Player of the Season and helped them reach the playoff final where they beat Preston to return to the Premiership after a two-year exile. At the end of the 2004-05 season, Sheringham's one-year contract expired and he agreed to sign on for another season, this time back in the Premiership, at Upton Park. After a second-half appearance against Charlton Athletic on 2 April 2006, Sheringham joined a small group of footballers, including Les Sealey, John Burridge and Gordon Strachan, who have played top-flight football while in their forties. On 19 August 2006 he became the oldest outfield player in the history of the division, at 40 years 139 days. Sheringham signed a contract to play for West Ham until the end of the 2006-07 season, and was a player at the club after his 41st birthday. On May 13, 2006 Sheringham became the third oldest player to appear in an FA Cup final at 40 years and 41 days old. He is also the oldest player to have scored a penalty in the FA Cup final, being West Ham's only successful penalty-taker in the shoot-out which the team lost to Liverpool. On 26 December 2006, at the age of 40 years and 266 days, he beat his own record for oldest Premiership scorer, with the goal in a 2-1 defeat to Portsmouth. On 30 December 2006 he broke the record for oldest Premiership outfield player once more, starting in the 1-0 defeat against Manchester City, aged 40 years and 270 days. On top of league appearances and goals. Sheringham has also appeared in 11 FA Cup, League Cup, and UEFA Cup games for West Ham scoring 2 goals.