IGNORED

Nicolas Anelka

Their are a few things on the net about it.

According to reports DM didn't sign Sutton for 2 reasons.

!) Dunc is staying til the end of the season

2) a foreign striker is set to join with premiership experience.

How we going to pay his price tag. Didn't he go leave Man City last season for about £7m

what a surprise - Souness is after him too!! :lol:

SOUNESS SEEKS OUT ANELKA

Click here for our Transfer Centre

Click here for more Newcastle news

Under-pressure Newcastle boss Graeme Souness could be set to solve his striker crisis by making a move for Fenerbahce ace Nicolas Anelka.

The Magpies chief, who saw his team take just one point from three games over the festive period, is facing up to life without Michael Owen after the England hotshot was ruled out for three months with a broken toe.

Souness is a long-time admirer of controversial former Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City ace Anelka and could now tempt his Turkish side with a bid.

Anelka, 26, would relish the chance to return to England and was quoted in the Sun as saying: "If I do leave Fenerbahce, I would like to go to England. The idea of returning to a big club is moving me forward."

The pressure on Souness, meanwhile, shows no sign of easing with some reports on Monday suggesting the gruff Scot could lose his job in the next 72 hours, with Bolton boss Sam Allardyce touted as a potential successor.

Have my doubts to be honest-

Anelka says he fancies coming back to the Prem - Everton need a striker. A case of 'two and two' to me.

Anelka is in the £5M+ bracket - I am lead to believe we don't have much to work with on this front.

To me Moyes places as much on a players character and temprement as he does playing ability. Would he wan't a player nicknames 'Le Sulk'.

So there are three fairly good reasons why I am not going to get to excited just yet.

As a striker Anelka is top draw in my opinion - He is still only 26 years old (in his prime), fast as hell, and has proved himself at Prem level as good as any most strikers, he would definately score goal.

Thing is with Anelka he always seems to want to play for a top club, and sees all other clubs as a stepping stone. If he did come, would he just be trying to put himslef in the shop window, or has he come to terms with playing for a middle of the road club.

In any case if he came for £6M, scored 15-20 goals a season and then wanted to go after 12 months, I guess we wouldn't lose much money - and get a fair goals return in a 12 month period. If we turned around a striker like that every season it wouldn't bother me as long as somebody is scoring.

I would have him at the club, just becasue of the last sentance to be honest - But I can't see this deal coming off in all honesty.

Does he still figure in the French squad? and is he fishing to get on the plane to Germany

Just read the article that seem to be fueling this speculation -

"... Everton as on the verge of signing a striker from abroad with impressive Premiership pedegree.."

Paulo di Canio :lol:

If that all there is to go on then he could be just as likley

Anymore idea from that quote?

The headline on this made me laugh 'Everton confirm they want Anelka'

Then I started reading the story and it said that Everton had now confirmed there intertest in him and then when you continue reading the story it just goes on to say that he wants to come back. No quotes from Everton saying they are interested.

Maybe I am mis reading something

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_details....&l_id=1&t_id=31

I think the only money available to Moyes is possibiley that which may be earmarked for summer transfer -

In real terms there is no money available this window - but you could always break in to next summers budget if a player Moyes would be looking to bring to Goodison next summer is available now.

That's the only sence I can make of not having any money and then saying we are interested in Anelka.

i.e the club won't part with say £3M for Earnshaw now and Anelka, Johnson or Keane in the summer for say £5M.

God, I would love to be privy to all the ins and outs of this transfer goings on. :)

I know the Anelka story is in the papers, and on sky sports news, so why the hell is there nothing on the 'official' website?

Just got asked to trawl the net by one of our shop floor lads, apparently Nic has just landed in Liverpool airport!!

Dont know if theres any substance 2 this but all the lads av just got very excited.

Out of interest - Anelka's stats for discussion

A G

Paris Saint-Germain 1995-1997 2000-2001 67 12

Arsenal 1997 1999 76 25

Real Madrid 1999 2000 19 2

Liverpool (Loan) 2001 2002 22 5

Manchester City 2002 2005 103 46

Fenerbahce 2005 Now 35 10

Total Goal - 100 in 322 appearences

He is only 26 so his first stint in PSG was as a 16-18 year old and don't think he scored many in the first 2 years. Also his load of sub appearences at Real Madrid also skew the stats a little

I hope he is coming - as he is still only young, has proven Prem ability and is very fast - which is something we need if only to streach opposition defences.

At present all teams know we have very little pace going forward so can 'squeeze' us up the park. With Anelka in our front line they would have to defend a little deeper-giving out team more time on the ball and space to go forward. A pacy Anelka and a strong Beattie would be a good combinnation up front for us.

Anelka has lived in the area before (Liverpool/Manchester) so settling in should not be a big issue with him.

Guest fozzie22
hello i'm Nic and i want to sign for Ever united, sorry eversnal, sorry eversea, damn.............I mean Everpool!

Oh fuck it i'l move again in the summer, who wants to pay me 50 grand a week for the rest of the season?

:lol::lol::lol:

And the bufoon BK will lap it up.. :angry:

He's trouble and frankly not worth the effort.

£23m at 19 - still only 26 - yes he's a sulk - just in the same way as most quality players nowadays are who know their worth. He will score goals for us as he did in a poorish city side - beattie would benefit. I am not convinced until he actually signs. About time we signed a bonafide worldclass player who will score and add pace to the team

let's face it he wont be signing for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can kid ourselves as much as we like but when it comes to the crunch he we as all the others sign for someone else.

If anelka does arrive at Goodison it will be on an away team bus.

So let's concentrate on someone who might arrive and there's a good chance of signing .

Lee Trundle seems to be the only striker of note, any comments???????????

ps will tommy stick to his word and play for only one team in each country????

of course he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!not.

Roll on the 1st of feb

sorry to see so down but I had years of this, so look back in anger!

I think Everton's name has been chucked into the hat to stir up interest in LE Sulk. Like most I would like to see him play - but I just can't see Anelka in a blue shirt. IM sure he will be signing for Newcastle Souness likes poaching Everton targets - I don't know where they (Newcastle) get all there money.