IGNORED

Luis 'lucho' Gonzalez

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think we left it to late for manny coz "I am happy at Benfica and now I am only think about a good season ahead," he commented.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2648521,00.html

this is stupid if we would have moved for him at the start we would have got him.

It's not stupid at all. Benfica wanted £12million for him and now they're shitting themselves that they won't be able to get rid of him so they've lowered the price to £8million.

And I think that quote came from the beginning of the summer, and isn't recent.

Even if it is new then I get the feeling it might be just to make sure the fans are happy with him if he does not move.

He said when was here that he wanted to stay then when he left he said that he enjoyed his time but now a Benfica player again.

I still think its all a smoke screen.

Don't think we got any interest in signing him unless its on loan again.

Can't see anymore signings coming in until the last day or the window and that will only be if Cahill is not back or got more injuries or had a bad start

It's not stupid at all. Benfica wanted £12million for him and now they're shitting themselves that they won't be able to get rid of him so they've lowered the price to £8million.

And I think that quote came from the beginning of the summer, and isn't recent.

benfica want manny to stay now and manny is happy to stay.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2648521,00.html

the date on that is todays date.

• 3 weeks later...

They already had the player, think they paid another 6.5m for the ownership, read somewhere they refused our 10m bid but would be willing to listen to offers of 13m. Not sure but i think thats how it read, tho he has just signed a new contract.

Edit just found this but cant find the other piece.............

His performances at River Plate earned him a deal with FC Porto in 2005, which Porto shared the ownership with Global Soccer Agencies. Porto paid €3.6m to have the half of the right and signed a 5 year contract with Lucho.[1]

In November 2006, he signed a improved contract last until 2011, and in August 2007, Porto paid €6.65m to Global Soccer Agencies got the full ownership of the player.[3]

As you can see they have only paid 10m euro's for complete ownership (7m pounds) would get him for 12, think i would prefer him to Yak or Manny.

Have to agree - this guy is surpossed to be mustard - i.e Viera, Keane quality. Although, having never played prem football (unlike Manny) always a slight risk. Remember Veron!!!

I would not have a go at the club for taking such a risk - Quality player that would make a HUGE difference to our team.

If we are talking £12M for Yak's and Manny, then £13.5M for this fella is not a pipe dream figure. As you are only looking for and extra £1.5m - I would sacrifice a player or so to make up the extra funds.

Aren't people sniffing around McFadden and Neville. As much as I like these boys - I would easily sacrifice one of them to get Lucho in.

Can on chaps lets see if we can get this deal moving now Maddy has fallen through.