Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-------------------Howard---------------------------

Jagielka-------Yobo-------Lescott-------Baines

---------------------Neville-------------------------

Arteta---------Lucho-------Cahill----------VDM

-----------------------Johnson---------------------

would work well i reckon

ooberman, how can you put vdm in our line up, :o he wont get a place in the team till we are down to a 10 man squad, and even then he'll be taken off at half time. :P

think it's blind faith to be honest mate. :D haven't seen pienaar yet, dunno if he'd slot in there somewhere instead of vdm. i think i just want vdm to be good SO badly....sure he never will be though :angry:

Don't know if it will ever happen and you can never be sure how players will adapt to the prem. However I used to watch a lot of argie football and have probably seen this guy in 50 games. He is great and I would love to see him in a blue shirt. He arrives late like cahill but is technically superior and much more creative. I have only seen him play for argentina in recent years but his seasons stats for porto last year, posted earlier, don't look too bad do they? I'd love this signing.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=345154

Valencia Keen On Porto's Lucho González

Valencia are close to confirming the signing of Luis González from Portuguese champions FC Porto, according to reports Spain.

Both clubs have come to a verbal agreement over the player, but Quique Sanchez’s side has yet to confirm the deal as the Spanish club's opening offer of €15m is some way short of the asking price.

Porto, who have the player under contract, are asking Valencia for €20m for the players rights, but los Ché are unlikely to spend that amount of money on the talented midfielder.

Valencia believe that their bid is sufficient as it would mean González would cost €3m more than Raúl García, has they have signed from Osasuna, and also €3m more than they fofered Ajax for Wesley Sneijder.

Valencia see the player as one of their main priorities for next season, and feel the player has every intention to play for the club. The former River Plate star is one of the most sought after midfielders in world football at the moment and has attracted interest from several top European clubs.

At the moment Gonzalez finds himself with the Argentine national team, who are taking part in the Copa America in Venezuela. He will start in Argentina’s final first round match against Paraguay on Thursday evening.

Aargh so it is, just saw the 5th at the top of the page didnt notice it was fifth of july. :rolleyes:

20 million Euros is about 4 million pounds more than we are supposed to have bid, not much chance of haggling that much off the fee, "The Everton Way". :D

He looks usefull........

has scored 19 goals in 59 matches for Porto, not bad for a midfielder, one every 3 games.

Arteta---------Lucho-------Cahill----------Pienaar

now thats a good team there

that team, if fit, would get us into the top 4 again i reckon

In fairness thats a very good team, just one piece missing now

I have been reading that the player has a 25M Euro buy out clause (£17M) but Porto are likley to do business for around £13.5m.

Valencia and Lyon both interested and have CL football, Juventus are also interested but are a little skint and have no European football on offer this season.

French leauge would no be so much of a step up from Porto, so Valencia are fav's in my opinion.

Although, it would guess it would all depend on how big a lure playing in the premiership is to him. With so many Spanish, Portugees and Argentinian player based in the north west - coming to Everton may not be a bad move for the fella.

My guess is that nobody will offer enough money and Porto will not part with him.

So not going to put him in my line up yet - although some of the line ups posted do look taste.

Not suprised the bid has been rejected - we mayhave been aiming a little high on this player.

He is surposed to be in the same mould of Viera, Roy Keane. A real classy midfeilder both going forward and in the tackle. The real deal and no just raw talent or potential. Very highly tought of player.

At the very least when Moyes said we had enough money for one big transfer we have an idea of what sort of money we are talking - arounnd the £10m mark.

Yeah I have just seen that on a website that the bid has been rejected but they say it says on Porots offical site been rejected but can't see it and now turning our attention to Manny.

Makes me laugh that Everton bid for the player but don't confirm but Porto (meant) to have confirmed on there site that its been rejected. Would have thought that if the bid was kept quite so would the reject unless its all a smoke screen to make the fans think that we are after decent players.

Maybe there is some truth in it as its also now on sky sports news website.

Still think it was/is all a smoke screen.

Didn't bid £6m for Nugent/Smith but yet managed to get £11 for Yak

Edited by Adam

Yeah I have just seen that on a website that the bid has been rejected but they say it says on Porots offical site been rejected but can't see it and now turning our attention to Manny.

Makes me laugh that Everton bid for the player but don't confirm but Porto (meant) to have confirmed on there site that its been rejected. Would have thought that if the bid was kept quite so would the reject unless its all a smoke screen to make the fans think that we are after decent players.

Maybe there is some truth in it as its also now on sky sports news website.

Still think it was/is all a smoke screen.

Didn't bid £6m for Nugent/Smith but yet managed to get £11 for Yak

Maybe he didn't wont smith or nugent, I would definately take the Yak over them two anyday