IGNORED

Luis 'lucho' Gonzalez

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh was sposed to put his name in to, i feel more umm safe? when AJ or Vaughan are playing up front alone though.

anywho i can't wait to see the outcome of this possible transfer.

i have alot of faith in anichebe i probs prefer him to vaughan.

Edited by Foxon

what's wrong with the 4-5-1. i know we still have no decent backup for AJ until Vaughan gets back but AJ should be able to stay fit and injury free till then i think/hope. eventually, Cahill up behind AJ, Arteta on the left, Osman on the right, this Gonzalez guy in the middle and Carsley playing as a holding midfielder.

im all for this signing, hopefully it's not bullshit.

Playing 451 with AJ upfront on his own pisses me right off. Why? Because we insist on hoofing the ball up to him when he doesnt even reach the defenders shoulders.

i think nothing will happen on this... just a stunt by the club

I agree,

Nothing more than keeping the fans off there back with the lack of signings and with coming up to the vote.

Nothing will happen and would not surprise me if the offer is something like 2m up front and 1m per year for the next 9 years

No doubt i'd love to see another class midfielder, but under the circumstances we're in, another midfielder is the least of our worries right now. I'd be more than happy if we could sign this guy under other circumstances. But what i don't understand is if we can splash the cash like this (if this is really true) then why are we not spending 10mil on an AMAZING striker?!?! Midfield is our strongest area right now and with the impending arrival of Baines our defense should be complete. Nothing against the player because he's an absolute wonder, but our money is in the wrong place right now! And why was this money not there when we were bidding for smith?!?!

No doubt i'd love to see another class midfielder, but under the circumstances we're in, another midfielder is the least of our worries right now. I'd be more than happy if we could sign this guy under other circumstances. But what i don't understand is if we can splash the cash like this (if this is really true) then why are we not spending 10mil on an AMAZING striker?!?! Midfield is our strongest area right now and with the impending arrival of Baines our defense should be complete. Nothing against the player because he's an absolute wonder, but our money is in the wrong place right now! And why was this money not there when we were bidding for smith?!?!

I'd much rather have Gonzalez than Smith and 4mil.

I will say that with the news of this coming up, it seems our board feels that Baines isn't 6mil better than what we currently have, while Gonzalez is 10 mil better. Arteta, Cahill, Gonzalez, and Jags would be a very tough midfield to go up against. Transfer signings don't have to be so short term you know.

what could gonzales offer us ???

tackles, goals or versitilty witch seems to be what moyes is most attracted to in a player?

i really dont know much about him an youtube video's mean f**K all to me tbh

ive seen him quite alot, 2ce as good as Cahill, our midfield would be immense, Gonzalez would offer us a player who is comfortable on the ball, passing is superb, can score goals from close range + long, not the most skillfull player but if we could get this lad in and get Manny next season we could have one of the best midfields in the premiership to put it like that. Johnson would be an even better player with this lad in the team.

If we get him then manny next season we could have the ball kendal harvey midfield all over again

Arteta Manny Gonzalez < 3 players who are top class

But I can wish :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue4Ever

"Yeh, an Cahill is exactly the same.

Where the hell has this money come from? As if he would choose us over Lyon or Jueventus"

helpful comments

you moan about us not having a big squad and then say "he's the same as a player we already have, whats the point in signing him"

geees no point in buying baines then coz we have valente

this place is doing my head in recently :angry:

as for not signing for us instead of juve and lyon...where have those two clubs come out and said they've made a play for him ?

how do you know juve and lyon want him ?

why would he want to play in france where the league makes scotlands look hardcore ? id rather have a push pop than a french league winners medal, means more

lets cut out all the bullshite and get behind the club from now on

^ i agree...but also i don't think he's the same sort of player to cahill at all. he's much more of a creative all round midfielder...whereas cahill is a goal scorer ... atm in the diamond formation that we've tried ... fully fit would see arteta cahill and lucho most likely

Edited by CraccerC

^ i agree...but also i don't think he's the same sort of player to cahill at all. he's much more of a creative all round midfielder...whereas cahill is a goal scorer ... atm in the diamond formation that we've tried ... fully fit would see arteta cahill and lucho most likely

I dont think we should carry on playing the diamond, it fits to the players we have but we go well to far out of position when we play it.

yep i get that impressions about him aswell

could do with a ball playing midfielder to take the pressure off of Arteta

MA cant play in every single game next season so we need someone with good technical skills to fill in for him, this guy seems to fit the bill

ill be very happy if we sign him and baines next week

i thought £11 million was the fee mentioned ?

dont forget, in this day and age, fees are never paid up in full at the start of the deal (take bale at spurs for instance, he's only cost them £5mill up front)

lots of angry people on here banging the "where has the money gone" drum...maybe the money is there but moyes isnt prepared to be bummed over by other clubs over pricing their players, would you pay £5.5mill for richardson ?? hell no

there was an email on the forum from Ian Ross saying "david moyes refuses to pay over the odds for players", this is beginning to ring true imo

too many posts on here fuming about us being out bid for players, players who we havent actually bid for !

rant over

lets just hope this story is true and he signs up asap

i think he may be referring to 11 for lucho and 6 for baines...but not 100%

Yer ;) I was lad just imagine if we did get Lucho + Baines, then we got Manny back in jan or even next season.

---------------Howard-----------------

Hibbo---- Yobo---- Lescot----Baines

--------------Fernandes---------------

---Gonzalez----Cahill-------Arteta---

----------Johnson---Vaughan---------

We would win the eufa cup with that team, I see that formation suited us when we played watford away, we were class.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Hoping by end of mondaywe could have 'Lucho' & Baines. If so, i'd then hope/pray for:

Manny on loan.

Top striker on loan (european experience)

In other words, cant see much money being left over after £17m.

Would also like a winger but now I could be takin the piss!

Hoping by end of mondaywe could have 'Lucho' & Baines. If so, i'd then hope/pray for:

Manny on loan.

Top striker on loan (european experience)

In other words, cant see much money being left over after £17m.

Would also like a winger but now I could be takin the piss!

lol after all that it would be taking the piss.

lets be honest before we had so called made an 11 million bid for Gonzalez no1 thought we had even 11 million to spend, moyes has been very tight with his money up to now and it could pay off :)

Edited by Blue4Ever

Yer ;) I was lad just imagine if we did get Lucho + Baines, then we got Manny back in jan or even next season.

---------------Howard-----------------

Hibbo---- Yobo---- Lescot----Baines

--------------Fernandes---------------

---Gonzalez----Cahill-------Arteta---

----------Johnson---Vaughan---------

We would win the eufa cup with that team, I see that formation suited us when we played watford away, we were class.

I notice you mention Fernandes a lot- I think you just have to let that dream go.

Jags playing as a defensive mid behind Gonzalez, Cahill, and Arteta would be just as strong IMO.

If we got Baines and Gonzalez, we'd be tough when healthy. Stubbs, Valente, and Hibbert backing up the defensive ranks (with a lot of flexibility back there), Pienaar, Carsley, Osman, VDM, Da Silva backing up the midfield, and then McFadden, Vic, as well as Lukas backing up the forwards. Not too bad of depth to a strong starting 11=A team to do well in Europe.

We just need about 2 more quality pieces to make everything click. Baines and Gonazlez would be just that.