IGNORED

Wigan

Foxon

With who we have fit and bare in mind it's wigan and they have kilbane at left back I would like to see a flat 442 with us going for it down the wings.

I would actually like to see:

Howard,

Hibbo, Yobo Jags , Lescott

Spud, Neville Peirnar, VDM

AJ + VIC

Although VDM is not what we hoped up to now I have seen flashes and if he is fit let moyes let him loose against a poor wigan side.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to share the optimism amongst my fellow blues, and whilst i truly belive we will reach the UEFA cup again this year, considering the injuries and small nature of the squad, i'll air on the side of caution and say 1-0 or 2-2.

I'd actually prefer to play one of the bigger boys on opening day cos we seem to be more up for the game when we do.

Even with players missing I still feel we are too strong for them, but recent history suggests we may struggle!!

Mind you, if we smash 5 past 'em I will celebrate like fook , but not until then!!! COYB!

A good start will set us up for the season. Maybe a bit dramatic... but how things can be if you start with a win compared to a defeat....You could be top of the league, you are still unbeaten, Its breeds confidence especially for the Yids game.

I predict 2-1. Shakey but enough. AJ and a header from Yobo!

Line up....I think DM will keep Nev and Cars in starting line up so this is my guess......

....................Howard

..Hibbert....Yobo....Lescott.....Valente

....................Carsley......................

..Jagielka...........Neville..........Arteta

.............Johnson...Anichebe.............

SUBS.....Turner...Stubbs...Osman...VDM...Mcfadden...

A good start will set us up for the season. Maybe a bit dramatic... but how things can be if you start with a win compared to a defeat....You could be top of the league, you are still unbeaten, Its breeds confidence especially for the Yids game.

I predict 2-1. Shakey but enough. AJ and a header from Yobo!

Line up....I think DM will keep Nev and Cars in starting line up so this is my guess......

....................Howard

..Hibbert....Yobo....Lescott.....Valente

....................Carsley......................

..Jagielka...........Neville..........Arteta

.............Johnson...Anichebe.............

SUBS.....Turner...Stubbs...Osman...VDM...Mcfadden...

you got the formation spot on I rekon but how on earth could we win with Jagielka there and Nevile Attacking midfield?

---------------------Howard--------------------------

---Hibbo------Stubbs-----Yobo-------Lesscot--------

--------------Jagielka------carsley-------------------

--Nevile---------------------------------------Arteta--

-------------------AJ-----Victor--------------------------

subs: Ruddy(turners injured) valente,da-silva, osman, pienar or one of them out formcfadden if fit.

its not what id play but i think its along the right lines of what moyes will play.

Team is...

Howard

Hibbo

Yobo

Stubbs

Lescott

Osman

Carsley

Neville

Arteta

AJ

Vic

subs...

Ruddy

Jags

VDM

Pienaar

Nuno Valente

Sticking with last years starting eleven. Fair enough imo. Stop Wigan from scoring, keep it tight then take them apart from the bench later :D .

Edited by MikeO

offical line up from evertonfc.com

Howard

Lescott (left back)

stubbs

yobo

Not mentioned - presumably hibbert

Neville

Carsley

Osman

Arteta

Johnson

Anichebe

subs:

Ruddy

Van De Mayde

Valente

Jagielka

Pienaar

some close calls but unsprisingly he's left both the new players on the bench. midfield doesn't look great, hopefully we'll see pienaar early second half to see what he can do.

you got the formation spot on I rekon but how on earth could we win with Jagielka there and Nevile Attacking midfield?

Haha, It would have been a bit adventurous wouldnt it :P Yea I got it wrong....Stubbs in for Valente and Osman in for Jagielka. Otherwise thats the first eleven today! Well 45 mins til KO, bring it on Wigan!

Didn't really want to see Carlsey and Neville on the centre of midfield as both defence players.

Still see what happens.

Agreed but I can understand him going for the two of them for the opening game. Wigan not been ground into a relegation fight yet so they'll be up for it, we'll take them apart in the second half ;) .

it's still 0-0 at around the 25 minute mark. don't know where you got 1-0 from.

im watching it on tv :). just hit half time.

both sides only had one/two shot really on target, Osman's header was ours and goal. Johnson had a nice Volley on target to but saved by Kirkland. Wigans only on target shot took a deflection off one of our defenders (cant remember who) nothing to threatening yet.

we are playing better, Arteta is tearing up Kilbane

Edited by Ash_