IGNORED

Wigan

Foxon

I dont understand why people slag Osman off. He may get a bit casual at times but you can always rely on him to pop up with a goal every now and again. I am glad he showed that today.

Pienaar had a good game but i can see him not starting again next game but getting about 10 extra minutes of game time.

It was sad to see Jagielka not getting at least a 5 minute appearance but i guess Moyes is just being careful with his new signings.

But nevertheless i am still a bit scared of the prospect of a pissed off spurs next game, they will want serious revenge for their result against Sunderland. Hopefully we can weather the storm and maybe grab a late winner. Who knows if Manny and Yak sign i may be able to rest more before next game.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nearly fully agree with you

how was anichebe a joke, usually he so lazy bu at least he was holding the ball up beta

osman was a joke, apart from his goal he was shittt, i really dont rate him

he kept cumin into CM when he was ment to be playin on the wing

arteta was amazing seen when he ripped all the wigan team an got brought down in the box

peinarr was decent, all hibbert was doing was kickin it up, i rekon we shud play jagielka there against spur's

we cant play with neville an carsely CM we are to defence we need a attacking CM

poor game

bu win is a win

FOR ME Phil Neville just isnt good enough for us. Osman, while not fantastic will be used more as a bit part player as the season progresses and I think will prove useful in the end.

Arteta and Lescott were our best v Wigan.

Not a convincing win though. WHY do we hoof it long so much. Keep it on the ground for gods sake. We look good when we do that and we were playing WIGAN, so I ask again WHY hoof it high and long? We should run rings around that rabble.

Happy with the win but if we play like that v Spurs we wont be taking 3 points.

FOR ME Phil Neville just isnt good enough for us. Osman, while not fantastic will be used more as a bit part player as the season progresses and I think will prove useful in the end.

Arteta and Lescott were our best v Wigan.

Not a convincing win though. WHY do we hoof it long so much. Keep it on the ground for gods sake. We look good when we do that and we were playing WIGAN, so I ask again WHY hoof it high and long? We should run rings around that rabble.

Happy with the win but if we play like that v Spurs we wont be taking 3 points.

Neville is a flipping joke, and yeah I can't see victory on Tuesday either. Why can't Moyes see that Neville IS NOT a midfield player!

nearly fully agree with you

how was anichebe a joke, usually he so lazy bu at least he was holding the ball up beta

He was a joke because he looked fucked after about 15mins, barely jumped for anything in the first half so it was pointless him being our 'target man'. Second half he improved and decided to hold the ball up and jumped for headers a bit. Overall he is one lazy player and needs to work on his game if he wants to make it in this division.

Guest blueboy122

ino its early in the season but if andy johnson carrys on lik he did yesterday then we are in serious trouble! he is our centre forward y in gods name does he dilly dally on the wing and supply crosses. we need him in the boxs on the end of crosses if i moyes i wud be telling him to stay centrel and let other people do the crossing i found him very frustrating yesterday. your views please?

ino its early in the season but if andy johnson carrys on lik he did yesterday then we are in serious trouble! he is our centre forward y in gods name does he dilly dally on the wing and supply crosses. we need him in the boxs on the end of crosses if i moyes i wud be telling him to stay centrel and let other people do the crossing i found him very frustrating yesterday. your views please

When the likes of Stubbs,Neville and Hibbert and perhaps a couple of others manage

to get their long punts forward to a central position THEN AJ may not be pushed out onto the wings chasing the ball.Problem is he's very good at chasing those balls,and actually

making something out of them!PROBLEM is with him out there.....WHO'S going to recieve

the ball from him?Vaughan could possibly do it(maybe better than Anichebe)..Cahill

certainly would be a pretty good target!Thing is there not playing at the moment.

Because AJ 's good at running with the ball into the corners.....that's why the defenders are

hitting that area....But as you say what then?

Fernandes and maybe piennar will demand the ball from the defence rather than watch

it punted over their heads.That way they and Arteta will be able to give AJ the service he

deserves.

5/10 balls forward are long and usually waisted....a better midfield will help with that

problem.For example Arteta or Fernandes running forward with the ball AJ ready for the little

through ball,another player going wide....that spells problems for a defence.......

....On the other hand we could just blast the ball up over AJ's head.

Don't want to lose!....play Carsley,Neville etc!

WANT to win...try Fernandes,Piennar etc!

Don't get me wrong Carsley and Neville have a roll to play this season...and will play at

Spurs.

ino its early in the season but if andy johnson carrys on lik he did yesterday then we are in serious trouble! he is our centre forward y in gods name does he dilly dally on the wing and supply crosses. we need him in the boxs on the end of crosses if i moyes i wud be telling him to stay centrel and let other people do the crossing i found him very frustrating yesterday. your views please?

I noticed this from johnson, all game he seemed to be the one supplying rather than shooting. When he did get in a area to shoot he looked for a player to pass too.

But we shudnt worry about this too much as it is only 1 game in and iam sure johnson will get his fair share of goals.

But hey you cant argue with his work he did for the second goal, Top Class

I think your being a little bit negative about AJ when every player is fit there would be someone in the middle to take the chances he creates like last season he had a good assist record and he’s always been a player that goes down the wings, lets give them a couple of games to get player back and I hope :D players coming in, not saying he’s coming but yakubu would finish off the crosses from AJ maybe a good partnership

Would you like AJ to stay central and watch ball after ball sail out of play because it's been played on the wing then? The lad can only go where the ball is. Give him a break, he works his nuts off for this club.

i dont know how much of the game you watched but if you noticed when johnson was in field he never got the ball and struggled to make runs off the defenders and ended up sandwiched between the two waiting for the flick on from vic that never once came. if you remember last season AJ made those same runs all game every game. now i'm not a massive fan of him playing wide, but if he doesn't go al lthat leg work and if that's the best way to get his pace in behind, so be it...give him a decent partner to play off and he may be able to play center and make the runs wide also. but lets not criticise something that's working or has worked and focus on his partner...vic looked knackered, lazy and slugish all game, his movement and heading was poor and for the goal he didnt even get near ti with his foot, it was an embarassing finish. he's not ready for me and he's not up to scratch

Correct me if I'm wrong but our 2nd goal was from an AJ cross (albeit not from a wing position). But perhaps therein lies your answer.

My question would be why does he "dilly dally" in the box? in the 2nd half the ball came to him on the edge of the 18 yard box, he had a bit of time but it seemed he didnt know what to do and the chance was lost, schoolboy stuff.

I like AJ but more for his running and work ethic, I would have him in the team any day but I dont think he's that fantastic a centre forward. (certainly not as great as many blues make him out to be). We deffo need someone else coming in to the club to be our main forward (especially now that Vaughan is injured and Victor let everyone know he is a lazy git).

Perhaps I'm being a bit too critical of AJ coz I used to play in the centre forward position (well, preferred there but wasnt always picked for that pozzi). I hope he proves me wrong but I cant see him scoring too many goals, especially if EFC persist with this long ball thing.

Edited by Maghull70

FFS, one game into the season and the knives are out already, Beattie's gone so its Aj and Victor who gets the stick now, along with Osman, Carsley, Hibbert, and Neville, I'm surprised that with so many useless lazy players in the team we actually managed to win the game.

How the players play, is the way the manager tells them to play, Long balls have always been been part of the Moyes way of playing, and until we sign some more players who have the skills of Ateta we will always have to play the long ball.

Neville and Carsley havent got the SKILLS to play it out through the midfield, Maybe if Fernandes is brought in and Pienaar turns out well we might play a bit more football, but the long Ball will still play a big part in our game.

FFS, one game into the season and the knives are out already, Beattie's gone so its Aj and Victor who gets the stick now, along with Osman, Carsley, Hibbert, and Neville, I'm surprised that with so many useless lazy players in the team we actually managed to win the game.

How the players play, is the way the manager tells them to play, Long balls have always been been part of the Moyes way of playing, and until we sign some more players who have the skills of Ateta we will always have to play the long ball.

Neville and Carsley havent got the SKILLS to play it out through the midfield, Maybe if Fernandes is brought in and Pienaar turns out well we might play a bit more football, but the long Ball will still play a big part in our game.

It was a bit of an average game, but agree with you there Licker, we actually won, god help us when we loose

As for someones comment about Carsley running round like a headless chicken FFS

I think that was our first Day win in five years, plus its 2 points more than we got against Wigan last year

Happy Days

First game - straight forward 3 points, in a game we were always in the driving seat - .

Cahill, Vauaghan and McFadden to come back, none of the new signings needing to be thrown in the deep end, they will be eased in to the starting line up as required.

I am happy enough

There will always be a place in football for the long ball!.....It's a tactic,that can obviously

result in goals.It's a way to bypass another teams superior midfield rather than just

giving it away.League trophies and cups have been won by teams employing the long

ball.Everton have made the most of it over the years.

I think what's frustrating Everton fans is that,unless the long ball to AJ is accurate,then

he will either not win it or have to chase long and hard for it.Also and I can't really comment

on this but it seems Anichebe didn't handle the long ball that well(though given time I'm

sure that will be a big part of his game...that skill will develop with age,unlike just running

on to through balls).

One problem is some fans were expecting a 3 or 4-0 victory against Wigan,thinking Wigan

would be an easy game!!There wont be any easy games....Reading 0-0 at Man utd,

spurs lost at Sunderland,Birmingham scored 2 at Chelsea and Arsenal and Liverpool

both rode their luck against"easy"teams.....

I don't like watching waisted long balls....but will take them if it means a win and three points.

Every Everton player tried against Wigan....even Anichebe,whose raw talant needs games

and the fans help to develop.Everton will improve on that game,so will most of the other teams.

Moyes will do whatever he has to do to get a result....even if that means Neville,Carsley and

co.

Well said mate, you really hit the point square there. 1 game in and perhaps we are just finding our squad awareness again. I mean the only challenging team we played really in pre season was Bremen so maybe we just needed to loosen up more.