IGNORED

Joleon Lescott. ?

Bill

What do you think of Joleons chances of starting against Croatia, the Squad will be picked today and Ashley Cole will be back in after injury but Rio Ferdinand is suspended and John Terry is not fit.

So, Should Joleon start at centre, are Sol Campbell and Joleon Lescott Good enough to hold them together. ?

I'm worried for Joleon, I dont think he's missed a match since we signed him, and this season he's playing every couple of days, Internationals, Carling Cup, Eufa Cup, Premier League, and shortly the FA Cup will come in, and he's one player that Moyes wont rest.

I'm worried the Burn-out Syndrome will affect his performances for us.

What do you think of Joleons chances of starting against Croatia, the Squad will be picked today and Ashley Cole will be back in after injury but Rio Ferdinand is suspended and John Terry is not fit.

Should Joleon start at centre, are Sol Campbell and Joleon Lescott Good enough to hold them together. ?

IMO yes he should start.

...but unfortunately as soon as Terry / Ferdinand are back their reputation will place them ahead of Lescott.

yeah, Barry is a class player. If you say he's a championship player then you can't of seen him play.

and back to the main point. Lescott has to start simply because there isn't anyone else. The only way i can see him not playing is if neville (gary) is back and we play this defence

neville richards campbell cole

Personally i wouldn't want that defence but it may come to that

thats probably a fair comment. Its a shame really becasue he'd get alot more respect from opposing fans if they could see what he was really capable of while playing in a england shirt.

still though, there arn't that many more englash cb's pusing for a place in the england sqaud. at least lescott is still better than dawson who should never get anywhere near the england set up

randomness ... "I think Richards And Lescott are a Certain Future England Centre Back Pairing"

Dont know how you work that one out, unless John Terry retires early or Drops down dead, Terry's only about the same age as Lescott isnt he. ??

But i think he earned a starting place after yesterdays performance in front of the watching England Manager.

From the article Calico just posted:

"Selection is a dilemma," he said. "The game is there for two reasons. Firstly we needed some kind of preparation for Croatia, so we had a chance to look at a few things and also if we do have players like David Beckham and Ashley Cole or others who have not played all that often for their clubs, it is an opportunity to give them a game."

If players haven't been playing for their clubs than that's a reason for them NOT to start for England IMO

On the topic of lescott, i'd like to see him start at center back but i don't know if he'll get the chance

Mclaren is definitely thinking about it since he went to watch him play against chelsea

and he had a stellar game so i don't think there's a reason he shouldnt play

but it's up to mclaren, so i guess we'll see what he does

Joleon offered a new 5 year deal. The future is bright - the future is Blue.

""The centre-back signed a four-year contract when completing a transfer that could ultimately cost Everton up to £5.5million in June 2006.

But having earlier this month negotiated an improved five-year deal with Andrew Johnson less than 18 months into the striker’s initial agreement, club officials are hopeful Lescott will now follow suit.

It would be the latest step in David Moyes’s attempts to plan for the future at Goodison Park.

Since the turn of the year, Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe have all penned similarly lengthy deals while new signings Tim Howard, Leighton Baines and Yakubu have also committed themselves to a long-term stay at the club"".

The Nucleus of a good squad for years to come.

Depends on the result on Saturday.

If Russia win then they are almost certain to get through ahead of England and if that is the case would rather not play him and let him have a rest.

If Russia do slip up and England can go through then I would play him

randomness ... "I think Richards And Lescott are a Certain Future England Centre Back Pairing"

Dont know how you work that one out, unless John Terry retires early or Drops down dead, Terry's only about the same age as Lescott isnt he. ??

But i think he earned a starting place after yesterdays performance in front of the watching England Manager.

yeah terry is 26 lescott is 25! Dammit!

But if you look at the styles of Richards and Lescott, J'Lo is a Reader of the game so well, how many Passes does he step out and intercept per game, and Richards in a 1 vs 1 through on goal situation you'd put your house on him everytime he's that good with his tackling.

And terry might drop down dead, if he continue's to play while injured he could do serious damage that could end his career.

He's in the starting XI tomorrow...

England starting XI: Scott Carson, Micah Richards, Sol Campbell, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, David Beckham, Steven Gerrard ©, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Michael Owen, Peter Crouch.

Good luck to him, but most important don't get injured!!