IGNORED

Question About God

CraccerC

I do philosophy atm and where talking about god and that, id say he can move it as he is the creator but you can easily argue that he cant move it as it is unmovable.

exactly because 'God' is called 'God' because 'God' is omnipotent, so to say that 'God' can't create something that is actually unmovable, doesn't that suggest 'God' isn't 'God' at all?

and yorkie, 'God' is perceived to be non-human, Jesus was 'Gods' human 'form', so 'God' isn't human, hence the name 'God'.

For the record I consider myself Catholic.

Edited by CraccerC

im a catholic, but i only go to church when someone dies, i never pray, and pretty much dont believe.

translation; when i was born my family decided i was to be catholic, i grew up to decide its bollocks.

but i have learnt a few things in life, one of them is do not discus religion! only leads to problems! (war?)

interesting question thou mike, ill have to ask my fellow none believers coz answers like marks make my chuckle

im a catholic, but i only go to church when someone dies, i never pray, and pretty much dont believe.

translation; when i was born my family decided i was to be catholic, i grew up to decide its bollocks.

but i have learnt a few things in life, one of them is do not discus religion! only leads to problems! (war?)

interesting question thou mike, ill have to ask my fellow none believers coz answers like marks make my chuckle

I caused uproar in a Sociology lesson at college once because I said the Bible was just a fairy tale and a crap one at that. I found it quite funny though.

I've asked that question of believers before, in the common variation "Could God make an object so big even he can't lift it?" The best answer I've come up with between what others have said and my own ponderings on the subject is that in order for God to be perfect he must also be immune from paradox, which means that there IS a solution to the problem that he understands and we (with our feebly limited human comprehension) do not. We as humans think in terms of "either/or," i.e. an object is either liftable or it isn't, not both, because that is our reality. But God is not bound by our reality and our rules; he can do anything. Therefore he could make an object that is both liftable and not liftable at the same time if he wanted to; such a thing would be impossible for us, but not for him. It's hard to translate from my head onto paper (or screen), but I hope I'm at least sorta getting the gist across.

JD - A believer in God (though an open-minded and oft-questioning one)

Hey you guys!........No God probably means No Heaven!!!....In that case where does Dixie,Brian Labone, Alan Ball and all the other good Blues play their home games? :huh:

HELL!....I sure as hell hope their is a Heaven....and a God!!!......Kinda makes it all worth while!

Trouble is living, tends to lead you towards the notion that there probably isn't!!

I read Vinny Jones's autobiography the other day!.....And he believes his dead Grandad is still with him and guides him.....always looking in kind of thing!! Now if Vinny say's that's what's going on!....hey I'm not arguing!

Mind you I don't really want my Nan looking in on me........at certain times :rolleyes:

Hey you guys!........No God probably means No Heaven!!!....In that case where does Dixie,Brian Labone, Alan Ball and all the other good Blues play their home games? :huh:

HELL!....I sure as hell hope their is a Heaven....and a God!!!......Kinda makes it all worth while!

Trouble is living, tends to lead you towards the notion that there probably isn't!!

I read Vinny Jones's autobiography the other day!.....And he believes his dead Grandad is still with him and guides him.....always looking in kind of thing!! Now if Vinny say's that's what's going on!....hey I'm not arguing!

Mind you I don't really want my Nan looking in on me........at certain times :rolleyes:

In all that waffle do you actually answer the question?

In all that waffle do you actually answer the question?

Don't get it do yar!..........There is no answer.......only opinions! I suppose I could have just trashed the hole idea, like yourself!

Any way, just for you!......I WOULD LIKE THERE TO BE A GOD!.....I JUST DON'T THINK THERE IS ONE!.......It's all in there somewhere!

I caused uproar in a Sociology lesson at college once because I said the Bible was just a fairy tale and a crap one at that. I found it quite funny though.........CLEVER!

Like someone said a few posts back any question about God or religion, usually ends up with arguements....then war!

STUPID QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!

a stupid question you would be able to answer. it's not a stupid question at all, especially not to people who care about religion.

in it not being possible to answer it's not stupid, it's fascinating to many, but judging by your posts, your intelligence isn't quite up to it. so if you think it's stupid, then don't post in the thread, jog on ya toby.

a stupid question you would be able to answer. it's not a stupid question at all, especially not to people who care about religion

I did the Sunday School thing as a kid, and actually enjoyed it.Taught about Jesus and God, all kind of made sence to me, I believed what I was told and to be honest hoped it was right.The teaching were reinforced by my parents!....so it all had to be true, didn't it?

The Bible!....Yes only a book, but a set of rules that loosly followed didn't really do any harm, in fact true christians, in fact the followers of any religion, who don't preach to others and just follow their code are mostly peace loving nice people and a credit to their God!

With age come experience and the things I was taught as a kid have been severly tested as have most peoples.....leading to a very big question mark over the whole religious thing.

I admire people like JD in DC for his conviction (even if at times he's uncertain)....good luck to him.

I stated my own thoughts!

!......I WOULD LIKE THERE TO BE A GOD!.....I JUST DON'T THINK THERE IS ONE!.......It's all in there somewhere!

As for the question! Well perhaps it's not a stupid question....but you ain't going to find the answer on a forum.

Religion isnt my thing at all, as far as I can see it's created far more pain than good in the history of man.

As for the question a 'god' is the creator of all so he / she should be able to create an imovable object but as an all powerfull god should also be able to move that 'imovable' object meaning it is no longar an imovable object. Chicken and egg type question IMO with no definitive answer!

Religion isnt my thing at all, as far as I can see it's created far more pain than good in the history of man.

As for the question a 'god' is the creator of all so he / she should be able to create an imovable object but as an all powerfull god should also be able to move that 'imovable' object meaning it is no longar an imovable object. Chicken and egg type question IMO with no definitive answer!

i was told a very good answer to that question - it was the egg as evolution has taken place, even if just one gene was was changed it resulted in a different species, therefore what ever layed the egg layed a new bread of animal, therefore the egg has came first (sorry if that doesnt make sense)

Two words...Big Bang :D . Everything in the universe is moving at a gazillion mph...what is beyond it? What was here (or not) before it? It's impossible to get your brain around and you'll go mad if you try so religion is a way of not thinking about it.

Have said before don't get religion at all and find it unfathomable how so many otherwise seemingly intelligent people believe in such (imo) irrational fantasy, but I have no problem with people doing so as long as they don't knock on my door to try and "save" me or try to blow me up in an aeroplane.