IGNORED

Portsmouth Away

cornishgazefc

Indeed we have been poor.....they put muscled us in the midfield....S.Pinear is living on a thread.One more foul and he is off....but S.Pinear has been the only player according to me who is playing for us...he is running everywhere and making tackles......the entire team has to buck up!! else we are asking for troubles!

goals are finally starting to go in around the prem now. i'm feeling very nervous about us today now....

pienaar off, aj on.

thought pienaar was doing well but glad aj is on tbh

Was in danger of getting himself sent off, He's certainly a little terrier who was getting stuck in, good on him.

good result, poor performance...

no real stand-outs, although I guess howard got us the point by making a couple decent saves

defence: yobo solid, valente good, lescott's positioning found out a few times, phil neville HOOOOOOOFFFFF

midfield: pienaar not sure what had him so on edge today but put in a decent effort, arteta and osman so-so, carsley a typical fighting performance

cahill was nowhere really, in a bit of a void between mid and yakubu, but poor when he did get involved (but he's entitled to a bad showing sometime)

yakubu, no service, so couldn't really make an impact

aj and victor certainly got a bit going upfront when they came on

as some have already said, having gravesen come on after 60minutes would have helped......

still a good point

Portsmouth at Fratton park was always going to be a tough one, not like Sunderland at Goodison, so i suppose we have to be satisfied at getting the draw with an average sort of performance, get another seven next week against Fulham.

No star man performance's today cos i think the whole lot was below par, might give it to Pienaar for a fired up first 45 minutes. :) and congratulations to Moyesy for subbing him when he did, we could have lost that game if we'd gone down to 10 men.

Encouraging performance in many ways. Yes we didn't play particularly well, the 451 didn't work as well as it has been and switching to 442 made little or no difference, the weather was bad, we were up against a decent team away from home and we still came out with a result. It's very satisfying to get back to basics and keep a clean sheet, great to see the defense back on form. Still don't quite understand why Baines is out and I thought it was a mistake not having Gravesen on the bench, in fact Gravesen, McFadden and Vaughan are all capable of winning a game imo - far more so than the likes of Jagielka/Hibbert. When we are struggling to pass the ball around effectively bringing on Gravesen can make a big difference, particularly in a 5 man midfield. Still, considering the way the match went it was a good point.

Encouraging performance in many ways. Yes we didn't play particularly well, the 451 didn't work as well as it has been and switching to 442 made little or no difference, the weather was bad, we were up against a decent team away from home and we still came out with a result. It's very satisfying to get back to basics and keep a clean sheet, great to see the defense back on form. Still don't quite understand why Baines is out and I thought it was a mistake not having Gravesen on the bench, in fact Gravesen, McFadden and Vaughan are all capable of winning a game imo - far more so than the likes of Jagielka/Hibbert. When we are struggling to pass the ball around effectively bringing on Gravesen can make a big difference, particularly in a 5 man midfield. Still, considering the way the match went it was a good point.

Hes got to have a balanced subs bench to cover injuries, 2 strikers, two defenders/midfielders

It shows how far our squad has come this season that people like baines dont even make the subs bench

Hes using his squad well, giving nuno a few games before he gets injured again <_<

8 games unbeaten and counting

Hes got to have a balanced subs bench to cover injuries, 2 strikers, two defenders/midfielders

It shows how far our squad has come this season that people like baines dont even make the subs bench

Hes using his squad well, giving nuno a few games before he gets injured again <_<

8 games unbeaten and counting

:lol: True.

I didn't think it was a balanced subs bench, we had two strikers and two defenders. Imo we should have just had Jags on the bench as he can play fb or cb and then had a midfielder or someone with a bit of creativity on there - Gravesen or McFadden - who can possibly change the game. It's no use bringing on two strikers when the midfield couldn't keep hold of the ball, Gravesen has a bit more power and presence about him as well than the lightweight Osman and Pienaar in particular. I'd always have Gravesen and Vaughan on the bench if they weren't starting (and they were fit), both of them are enthusiastic and confident players who can come on and change a game.

I just want to no why are 6 million pound leftback is on the bench, when he's played he's looked are biggest threat!!

it's a strange one, we didn't defend well at all earlier in the season so maybe Moyes isn't convinced about his defensive merits or maybe because we have such a small midfield Moyes wants a bit more height at the back for set-pieces? that being said, I don't think Valente is much taller?!