IGNORED

West Ham Cup

CraccerC

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result and was watching sky sport news thingy where they talk about the games and we had Tony Cottee on ours and was great when we scored at the end.

Not sure if going to be an easy draw for the semis but you can bet we will get the winner between Chelski and the redshite.

Good result lets try to do the double and get a win on Saturday as well

Iggy,

yes, was at the Duke Of Edinburgh, stood outside as it was packed. Went back there after game too.

Home pub though. so it was keeping the volume down job!

Didn't go back after or I would have struggled to get a train back home, didn't get there 'til midnight as it was!

ALL the pubs round there are "homers", but it has a less intimidating atmosphere than many of the others.

Agree with your reasons for winning the LEAGUE CUP but I'd also love to win it simply because we havent won it before, close in '77 and robbed in '84. Plus a trophy in the 'naughties' would keep up our record of having won something in each decade since the 1960's (and yes I am including the 69/70 league title as our 70's trophy).

We're also one of only three clubs that's been to the Final twice without winning it (West Ham and Bolton are the others). Would be nice to get that mark off our record.

Dirty bastards we are! Nine fouls on Wednesday :o , that's one every ten minutes! Disgrace. The gentle West Ham flowers only gave away twenty-one...poor lambs, must be more gentle with them tomorrow :rolleyes: .

Best disciplinary record in the Premier League I believe in fact (fewest cards anyway). Fuck off Curbishly, idiot.

Edited by MikeO

Sounds like a sore loser.

He was on talk sport before when I was driving home and he gave a balanced view. Didnt complain at all and said the usual " we have the chance to put it right on saturday

Also, when asked the question would you rather have a win on saturday or in the cup, he said "THE CUP" as it gets you into a semi

I forgot to say, WHAT A FOOKIN RESULT. What the hell can we moan about :huh:

Let me guess then... age-old excuse given in this country of "the passion of the match in a post-match interview" affected what he has been quoted as saying? Now of course, that article could have taken a quote from him and bent it any way they wanted to, but any suggestion that we rely on base tactics to win a match these days when we've got those footballers in the midfield I do take offence to, especially since they have actually been playing some pretty decent football of late.

Let me guess then... age-old excuse given in this country of "the passion of the match in a post-match interview" affected what he has been quoted as saying? Now of course, that article could have taken a quote from him and bent it any way they wanted to, but any suggestion that we rely on base tactics to win a match these days when we've got those footballers in the midfield I do take offence to, especially since they have actually been playing some pretty decent football of late.

Youve pretty much answered your own question

Have you never said anything and regreted it the next day when youve cooled down?

Anyway, Curbishly was on SP this morning, he doesnt come accross as an inspirational character, his body language, tone and the words were very defeatist

Augers well for todays game