IGNORED

West Ham Cup

CraccerC

Iggy,

looks like the Duke of Edinburgh may be a decent bet. Below is a cut/paste from a website. We will head there in first instance but as usual will tend to see where all the Blues are congregating. Keep your head down by look of it though!

I have been advised by a number of supporters that most of the pubs around the ground are quite partisan, and are for home supporters only. The Boleyn Pub on the corner near to the ground, plus Queens, The Greengate, Wine Bar, Village and 'The Central' pubs on Barking Road should all be given a wide berth by away fans. Kevin Hosking adds; 'Probably the best option for away fans is the Wetherspoons outlet called Millers Well which is opposite East Ham Town Hall. It is though about a twenty minute walk away along Barking Road (although it may be an idea to travel to East Ham tube station before the game, go to the pub and then walk to the ground). Another good option is the Denmark Arms also on the Barking Road near the East Ham Town Hall; this is a large pub which shows all live football games'. Lou Pearman adds; 'Away fans may also be able to drink in the 'Duke Of Edinburgh' near to Upton Park Tube Station. Turn left out of the tube station and walk to the mini roundabout and it's on your right. There are also a few pie 'n' mash shops nearby (a traditional East End favourite). Turn right out of the tube station and just opposite is 'Duncans Pie n Mash'. Don't be put of by the queue, because they don't hang about and serve you very quickly'.

Phil,

I'm travelling to the game tomorrow from Stevenage near London and will be travelling down with some West Ham mates, but wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow blues rather than spending my time with the West Ham fans!! May i ask what pub your heading too etc or could i possibly meet up with you guys somewhere on route??

Cheers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said earlier this game is something we dont NEED to win. Of course i dont like if EFC lose, but this game i would like to see a win from substitutes on the field. When i made last post i didnt remember a word self confidence , what is the only thing what loss in this game would hurt our team and thats my only worry if we lose. Aswell i still dont wanna see any injuries in our team , we dont have enought replacements in first squad atm(attackers only i think). So , ill hope u dont get me wrong , I DONT like if EFC loses , but this game aint the important to us atm. We have so good chance ot make this season unforgettable(is there that kind of word :P) and thats what im thinking all the time. Do we need league cup for that? IMO , no. If u can see all BIG CLUBS usually let their 1st lineup get rest on these games , thats why its not so respected. I dont wanna piss off any1 here , were all here for same reason i think. COYB

Squad that travelled...............

Everton from: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Neville, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Boyle, Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Osman, Gravesen, Pienaar, McFadden, Johnson, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan

Valente is back after a hamstring problem, whilst Hibbert has overcome a back problem to return to contention for a tie that will be decided on the night.

Baines is not expected to return to action until the New Year because of a hamstring problem and joins Alan Stubbs on the treatment table missing the trip to London.

Nice to see Boyle travelling, does'nt seem to get many chances to play but always seems to be in the Squad.

Squad that travelled...............

Everton from: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Neville, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Boyle, Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Osman, Gravesen, Pienaar, McFadden, Johnson, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan

Valente is back after a hamstring problem, whilst Hibbert has overcome a back problem to return to contention for a tie that will be decided on the night.

Baines is not expected to return to action until the New Year because of a hamstring problem and joins Alan Stubbs on the treatment table missing the trip to London.

Nice to see Boyle travelling, does'nt seem to get many chances to play but always seems to be in the Squad.

I would think the team will be Howard, Neville, Yobo, Lescott, Valente, Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Osman, Pienaar, Yakubu

Be interesting to see who doesn't make the bench though - One or two of the strikers I would imagine.

Going to be brass monkeys tonight too, local weather forecast puts it at just below freezing come kick-off

"Everton make just one change for the Carling Cup clash at West Ham.

Phil Jagielka comes in for the injured Leighton Baines, with Joleon Lescott switching to left back.

That means hat trick hero Yakubu is retained up front as he looks to continue his rich vein of goalscoring form.

The Yak will be supported by Tim Cahill, with Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar, Mikel Arteta and Lee Carsley in midfield.

Lescott and Jagielka are joined at the back by Joseph Yobo and Phil Neville.

Andrew Johnson is available on the bench, with other options Thomas Gravesen, Tony Hibbert, Victor Anichebe and sub keeper Stefan Wessels.

"

hmm, the link we have between defence and midfield is pretty shody. I cant see much movement up the wings from either of our full backs. Still we should be fairly solid with 3 cb's essentially playing. Just hope Jags doesn't get caught out early. He always seems to take 10 mins to settle in.

I can see this game going to extra time. Can't say i can pick a winner though. Both teams are in good form.

Glad tommy's back on the bench we might need him to come on for a killer pass or cross. Not happy about Vaughan still not making the squad, the lads 2ce as good as Victor but moyes might just want to work him in slowly.

Looking forward to this COYB!!!!

Ill go with 2-1 today

Edited by Blue4Ever

^^^

I'm glad tommy's back in the sqaud as well. Has he been playing for the reserves at all? Not sure what his match fitness is going to be like. But he could be a good impact player today.

Also think its a shame that vuaghn didn't make the squad, but he'll get his time. Especially when Yak is gone.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Glad tommy's back on the bench we might need him to come on for a killer pass or cross. Not happy about Vaughan still not making the squad, the lads 2ce as good as Victor but moyes might just want to work him in slowly.

Looking forward to this COYB!!!!

Ill go with 2-1 today

I'd rather rely on someone who's fully fit to come on and change the game personally.