IGNORED

Man Utd - Away

jacko 1990

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Pinear played well....eventually it was stupidity!!! Why should he do that when he should have know ManUre will definitely fall into the spot for a penalty!!!...I guess it was fatigue which caused him to do that!!!....sigh.....Unbeaten match runs ends now!!!......Ok..lets restart once more!!!

I feel sick. I thought we'd lose but being that close to a point and then losing it through an act of complete stupidity is hard to take. Looks like Cahill will be missing when we play Bolton too, and Johnson looked like he hurt his foot towards the end too :( . I hope we take it out on Bolton on Boxing Day now, 3 points is needed against them. Cahill or Jags for Motm for me.

Arteta and Osman are a loss we cannot cover, we need two midfielders in january, hard to lose like that after holding them comfortably, but no complaints about the penalty.

Thought Piennar had played well till then, also good performances from Cahill, Jagielka, Yobo, and Lescott.

to be honest he did look ashamed with himself.

i'm sure it was just an istinctive reaction to getting skinned to try and make the challenge other way after going the wrong way, big mistake but you could see the way he was looking, head down shaking his head after that he knew he'd blown it for us.

I think Pienaar really likes playing for us as is his desire to sign up as soon as possible and to go away for African nations for the minimal time and he's done brilliantly for us since arriving. it's an unfortunate mistake but alas no one will remember the lovely cross he put in for Cahill in the first half.

Well played by us, hard game we faught hard to get a result and bar the above error we were there. we soaked up a lot of pressure but when we did get forward united did look a bit shakey at the back. they were definately beatable and we were unfortunate not to get something.

how did we not win this game?

utd sat back throughout the whole game and they never contributed enough in attack... that first utd goal should have never been a goal because rooney was way offside. and that was never a penalty. pienaar never touched giigs and giggs fell down far too easily

Unfotunately the best team lost on the day

Edited by Dodge

utd sat back throughout the whole game and they never contributed enough in attack... that first utd goal should have never been a goal because rooney was way offside. and that was never a penalty. pienaar never touched giigs and giggs fell down far too easily

Go and get a life!! We do not moan or cry foul like you across the park!! Go back to ur mummy and do not stirr shites in here!!

You melon fuck off

It's unfortunately that we played that well against Man U twice this year and came away with nothing to show for it. We could've easily taken two points out of those matches. But, that's why they are who they are - they find ways to win.

Anyway, here's a good piece from a columnist who thought we acquitted ourselves very well even in defeat. Quotage: "The more significant conclusion was that Everton merit serious consideration. Unbeaten for two months, they were two minutes away from extending that run and, in United's back-to-back wins against Liverpool's two teams, this proved much the tougher."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...and&cc=5901

Bloody hell

Lets hope we give Bolton our reaction

Agreed. It's small consolation but ther's still a lot of positives to be taken from today. The article JD posted was a good one....finished like this..

Their resilience was apparent at the back where Moyes praised the central pairing of Phil Jagielka and Joseph Yobo. 'They played exceptionally well today and Joleon Lescott, who we know is a terrific centre half, had to play at left back.' He also made an outstanding goal-line clearance to deny Rooney, when he chipped Tim Howard. Ferguson, meanwhile, was impressed by one of the centre-backs. 'The boy Jagielka, he must have got the last touch five or six times on really difficult crosses,' he said.

Without the injured duo of Mikel Arteta and Leon Osman, Moyes fielded a depleted midfield, yet they still possess a threat. Cahill's ability to sniff out an opening was evident again as the Australian has the attitude of a natural goalscorer, revelling in scruffy strikes and making umpteen advances in the hope of a half-chance.

He had a bona fide opportunity today and took it, rising above Patrice Evra to head in Pienaar's cross, becoming just the third visitor to breach the United defence in the Premier League.

Everton spent much of the subsequent hour on the back foot, with Moyes admitting: 'There's no way you'll come here and dominate possession against the champions. We played well enough to get something out of the game. The next bit is to beat those top four teams and we can do that.'

They can. This is Everton's strongest squad for two decades. Maintaining a challenge on four fronts is something that has eluded most teams, United included, but Moyes' men are managing it. Should Chelsea or Liverpool slip up, they could be the beneficiaries.

gutted, mental tiredness got to "stevie P" and i feel sorry for the guy, even though it was a spectacular moment of madness, Important thing is that we all get behind him because you cant have his confidence go on us. Robbed of a point, There was no way they looked like scoring in the 2nd half.

Good Article But i still Propose we move to london if we want to get the hype that spurs got at the start of the season. :P

oh well.

well fuckadouddle do man that was awful. All that hard work and what for... to give them a rediculous penalty (but it was a pen) and totally negative play. Carsley was so poor its hard to describe in words how bad he was. Yobo and Jagielka MOM IMO they played great. Lescott was below avrage saved a goal tho. Hibbo avarge. I think it was just the midfield who wer poor Piennar altho he set up the goal he played awful second half no exsistent same with Cahill. Johno and The Yak had no support from the mid which they normally have from Arteta n Piennar.

Only Positive is we defended brilliantly and we deserved atleast a draw. On the pen aswell Giggs was runnin away from the goal so Piennar was made more foolish but we cant get on his bak got to get bakhis confidence and i guess it was just a spur of the moment.

well fuckadouddle do man that was awful. All that hard work and what for... to give them a rediculous penalty (but it was a pen) and totally negative play. Carsley was so poor its hard to describe in words how bad he was. Yobo and Jagielka MOM IMO they played great. Lescott was below avrage saved a goal tho. Hibbo avarge. I think it was just the midfield who wer poor Piennar altho he set up the goal he played awful second half no exsistent same with Cahill. Johno and The Yak had no support from the mid which they normally have from Arteta n Piennar.

Only Positive is we defended brilliantly and we deserved atleast a draw. On the pen aswell Giggs was runnin away from the goal so Piennar was made more foolish but we cant get on his bak got to get bakhis confidence and i guess it was just a spur of the moment.

How was pienaar poor, your just saying that because he tripped giggs up, that was the only thing he done wrong, at least he had a bit of composure half the time and look around for a pass instead of giving the ball away like Neville and Carsley.

Jags Yobo Hibbert and Lescott were all superb yesterday, if we defend like that everygame we wont concede many goals.