IGNORED

Lassana Diarra

Yup. That's what I'm hoping. I think Nev will be okay in the short-term so Jags can have a bit more time to settle into that position, especially if we can have a natural centre back rather than the Jag. Here's hoping for Boyle to come through, or has he been playing full back later... I forget.

Many will disagree but i would prefer Diarra to Manny

I haven't seen enough of him to say either way, but the fact that he never got a game at Chelsea, Arsenal signed him and (apparently) are already shipping him out after less than a year (I think) doesn't exactly inspire me with the belief that he is a legend in waiting. Then again, Manny had his faults as well (questionable mentality/workrate on occasions, but very talented).

Edit: in fact it appears he's played little football at all over the last few years and is small in stature. If he only lasts 6 months at Arsenal then questions have to be asked.

Edited by carlmc25

They have Diaby, who Wenger Favours, so he is last in the pecking order, Fabregas , Hleb, Flamini, Diaby, DIARRA

He has played in the Carling cup matches upto now, and had a dame in the CL which IMO he did a good job.

I always thought Flamini was rubbish, although apparently he's having his first ever decent season this year. As I say, I've never seen the guy play in all truthfulness, but I've heard so many players get overhyped over the years (Veron, VDM etc) that I'm naturally cynical. I do have to question exactly how many times anyone on this board has seen him play, as he hasn't played an awful lot at all over the last 3/4 years and if any club signed a player for a couple of million and sold him within 6 months without hardly playing him then I'd naturally be dubious as to his credentials. He may be very good, but he is small and I'd rather we just broke the bank and went for Appiah who looks a powerhouse and who I have seen play and he was awesome. But again, I only saw him play twice!

Dairra's going to Portsmouth

£5m for a young french international - not bad deal. Would have been worth a punt. A position that could be strengthened IMO.

Love cars but he's been at fault for a couple of goals lately - lost his man vs oldham and again for 1st goal vs chelski - apart from his sending off, obi mikel showed everyone how to play that defensive midfield role - he was immense before he got his marching orders.