IGNORED

Semi Final First Leg

MikeO

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately the goalw as symptomatic of what happens when we play 442, no protection for the defence and teams just walk through us. With the midfield we have out tonight there's no way we can survive with a 442. AJ and Yakubu once again look totally useless together, AJ needs taking out and either an extra man brought on in midfield or someone who can hold the ball up up front - Anichebe or Vaughan. Pity about the one decent break we had, Lescott got into a brilliant position but his final ball was poor when all he had to do was pick out Yak and it was 1-1, I know he's a CB by trade but Lescott gets in so many good positions but his final ball is all too often wayward. AJ has once again done nothing, get him off.

How can a striker do well, when their is no service?

Chelsea have got the right tactics, Mikel is just sat infront of the defence sweeping up eveerything that come intho their half.

I'm not saying it's all his fault, but he just hasn't contributed anything and he's not going to get any service until we change the team around. I'd personally bring on Vaughan and stick him on the RW and bring Neville into CM with Carsley and Cahill, our midfield is no match for theirs and it's only a matter of time until they extend their lead unless we start competing in midfield. Then with 15 mins to go get on Anichebe and if we're still behind try and grab a late goal.

Lucky to be only one down, but still in it. Came back a little at the end and AJ did get on the end of that corner. We look like we're going to concede more though so we need to find a goal (or two) from somewhere.

Could be much worse, we could be effectively out of it by now. Still hope.

aye he should have, bad tackle on Carsley. did he even get a card?

EDIT. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FEED THE YAK AND HE WILL SCORE!!!!!!!

My internet link is 2 mins slow so only just seen the goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jacko1990