IGNORED

Who Is Your Least Favourite Sports "journalist" Or "broadcaster"?

This is wrong for a BBC commentator isn't it? Steve Cram showing obvious disappointment at Dwain Chambers winning the Olympic trial today....the way he said, "it's Chambers" he might just as well have said "Oh shit!" because you know from his voice that's what he wanted to say. Then he says he'd rather Chambers hadn't won it....it's his opinion and he's entitled to it but surely it's wrong to commentate that way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/a...ics/7499321.stm

• 5 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but I have to say I hugely admired Adrian Chiles today.

He did an interview this morning with Sharon Davies who was sat next to him in a mini-skirt and he didn't dribble once :P .

Admittedly she wasn't quite dressed like this http://www.maxim.co.uk/front_website/galle...?o=0&id=502 (except for in my imagination :lol: ).

And as she's only a couple of years younger than me this doesn't make me a perv :D .

john motson or johnathan pierce! as a welsh man i hate them, so biased towards england its disgrace!! if robinson makes a good save they will say ' great save from the england number 1'!! goes on my nerves so therefore those are my worst!

I'm an original Welshman myself (Albeit I live in Scotland) but I can't hate Motty. He's such good fun and loves the game. He's largely unbiased I find and even if he is it is forgivable because he's such a good commentator.

--------

So for me.

Anyone associated with the rag that is the S*n. I'm hoping to take Journalism past University and school but I would never work for them. Sensationalist scum and I'm sure most Evertonians would also agree with me.

Also ITV sports team of Clive Tyldsley etc. He's so biased towards United (Or anyone playing Liverpool I've found) it's ridiculous. The Standard Liege commentary and Arsenal-Liverpool last year also nearly prompted me to write a complaint.

Martin Tyler is also a misery guts who is very overrated. Andy Gray doesn't actually bother me too much, perhaps because I live in Scotland, perhaps because he just knows what he's talking about which is more than could be said for muppets like Paul Merson.

Also ITV sports team of Clive Tyldsley etc. He's so biased towards United (Or anyone playing Liverpool I've found) it's ridiculous. The Standard Liege commentary and Arsenal-Liverpool last year also nearly prompted me to write a complaint.

In fairness watching the liverpool v Standard game I did not feel that the commentary was biased in anyway both of them said that the penalty should not have been awarded when the handball was clearly outside the box. What I believe you have taken to be biased was an honest account of the game. This meant that the English commentators admitted that the Belgian team were better on the night and deserved to take a lead to Anfield. I personally cant see anything wrong with this. It is similar to when we were outclassed in Fiorentina last year the commentators said we deserved nothing and that was the case.

In my opinion there are no worse broadcasters than David Pleat, Graham Taylor or Alan Smith.

It was more than that. He was constantly hailing the slightest thing by Liverpool is significantly awful and everything Liege did as excellent. He's done it for years and I'm getting used to it.

He was saying things like: "If you wondering who on earth that Plessis player is, he's a defensive midfielder" and I'm thinking, I know who he is. You are just a muppet.

The worst thing he said was when he speculated on how Keane was playing a similar role to Gerrard.

He doesn't know anything about football and this is clear when he commentates on our matches.