IGNORED

Who Is Your Least Favourite Sports "journalist" Or "broadcaster"?

There are many to choose from. Often, it seems that becoming a sports journalist or broadcaster is what you do if you can't do anything else in journalism.

My least favourite, of those who are reasonably well-know, are:

Alan Green - Loudmouth, opinionated, unthinking, etc. Being opinionated might be a good thing except Green's opinions are almost always negative and unhelpful. He seems happiest just having a go at someone: Players, administrators, referrees, supporters. He casts himself as a "voice of the people" but whenever a journalist casts himself in that way it is certain that he views the public as midless gobshites and that is the audience he is pandering to. Also, he is a very, very poor commentator. Radio commentary requires description of action, it's a difficult skill, a skill that is absent from Green.

Mihir Bose - What an oxygen thief. He should be working as a columnist in Heat magazine discussing Big Brother or following Britney Spears around. He is the antithesis of being a journalist. Investigation, acquiring facts and compiling a report are not in Bose's skills list. He merely trawls the websites of the world picking up unsubstantiated gossip and then regurgitating it in newspapaers and on the BBC website. (Have people seen his "article's" on the BBC website? They are bedecked with phrases like "my source said", "I have been told by someone", etc.) And, his gossip-filled articles are so vacuous that I fall asleep reading them.

Garth Crooks - What is Garth Crooks? What is he? Why is he? Is it a joke that I don't get? Will he reveal all one day saying "aha, I fooled you"? He is vacant, a blank canvas, a lack, an absence...there's nothing there, no-one is at home, Captain Kirk has a five-year mission to discover life, in Garth Crook's brain.

:D :D good post and i'm with you on Alan Green.

Sky sports Saturdays so called Pundits, especially Phil "Concorde" Thompson, and even more so that other twat who sits next to Charlie Nicholas, somebody Macnally.

Christmas time they were discussing Evertons game, Arteta's name was mentioned and MacNally comes out with the Statement "Graveson has turned them around this season" Charlie Nicholas says Theres a rumour that he will be going back to Celtic in January, MacNally says "Oh thats a real blow, Graveson has been an awesome player for them this season and they'll really miss him. :o I Think it was Tommy's first start of the season, he had only made a couple of sub appearances before.

What a plonker, shows how little homework he'd done, and how little he knows to come out with a shit statement like that.

Pundits !! I've shit better than them.

Gotta go with Garth Crooks. Very strange person, arrogance eptomised, doesn't make eye contact with people which betrays serious deep seated issues. Troubled man I think.

Carlton Palmer....shite footballer, failed manager, crap clueless pundit, fuck off.

Jim Rosenthal. How do you get a job on TV when you have no personality at all? Could be replaced by a cardboard cutout (or a cardboard box come to that).

Bring back David Icke, that's what I say :D !

Jamie as you like Merson so much, here are some Qoutes he has made in 07.

THE THOUGHTS OF PAUL MERSON

"They haven't got that player around the box with a bit of guile, that can open a can of worms."

Another Paul Merson classic.... everyone wants to open a can of worms eh, Paul?

Merson gives a trademark celebration

"He was all over him like a wetsuit."

Comment made by Merson on Soccer Saturday.

"Liverpool were all mishy-mashy, I know that isn't a word, but it should be."

After Liverpool were drubbed by Arsenal in the Carling Cup.

"I'm not saying we shouldn't have a foreign manager, but I think he should definitely be English."

More words of wisdom from Merson.

I tHate that Reporter that did the Report on the Chelsea website about The CC game.

:D :D good post and i'm with you on Alan Green.

Sky sports Saturdays so called Pundits, especially Phil "Concorde" Thompson, and even more so that other twat who sits next to Charlie Nicholas, somebody Macnally.

Christmas time they were discussing Evertons game, Arteta's name was mentioned and MacNally comes out with the Statement "Graveson has turned them around this season" Charlie Nicholas says Theres a rumour that he will be going back to Celtic in January, MacNally says "Oh thats a real blow, Graveson has been an awesome player for them this season and they'll really miss him. :o I Think it was Tommy's first start of the season, he had only made a couple of sub appearances before.

What a plonker, shows how little homework he'd done, and how little he knows to come out with a shit statement like that.

Pundits !! I've shit better than them.

MacNally Shud av gone to specsavers!! :D Ethier that or he was watchin vids from years ago.

Garth Crooks nobed

John Motson prik

Kamara legend!

I think its ally Macnally but hes goin on the list defo.

Edited by Josh Berno

Effan Ekoku callas many games on Tv Down under.

( "Effan No clueco" I call him)

Hard to believe a former Pro could be so un informed & gen uneducated in a footy sense.

Drives me to tears.

Oh & cant forget the ESPN dewds who have a basketball, NFl, Baseball term 4 all things footy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how has no one mentioned Mark Bright? he's by FAR the worst pundit ever to grace television and Ian Wright was absolutely abysmal as well. I still remember the England match where we lost and it went back to the studio, Ian Wright said he just couldn't talk as he was so devastated - THANKS Ian, glad our license fee is paying for you to watch the match and not do your job. He's a total div and when he's on everyone is scared to say what everyone watching knows - SWP had ANOTHER abysmal match.

Apart from that the usual suspects - Crooks, Desailly is pretty bad, Pat Nevin is an absolute joke, that guy who presents on 5, Clive Tyldsley (who always brings up Man Utd even when they aren't playing).