IGNORED

Capital Of Culture

MikeO

Alexei Sayle (who I quite admire in many ways...or did) on BBC News this morning talking about Capital of Culture...

"It's like that Cockney Bow bells thing, you're the most authentic scouser if you live within the sound of, or were brought up within the sound of Anfield and...I am authentic Scouse"

There's a Klimt exhibition at the Liverpool Tate in the summer as part of it. Runs to the end of August. Wife loves Klimt :P . May bring her up as a special treat, maybe on a Saturday, see if me and Josh can find something to do in the afternoon while she admires the art. Sure we'll come up with something B) .

Mike you should go along with her some great paintings, tho i think his earlier work was better than the later stuff, he was infatuated with the female body and did most of his best work with them. a bit like me in my early days. ;)

Actually agree with you Bill. Not a huge art lover but we have a couple of his prints up and they're stunning. I'd love to get her along to a match as well, she gets so angry whenever an Everton (or Arsenal) player gets kicked just watching it on TV....love to see how she reacted in the flesh :lol: . Blind loyalty also....always has a ready excuse if one of "her" players commits the assault :lol: .

Actually agree with you Bill. Not a huge art lover but we have a couple of his prints up and they're stunning. I'd love to get her along to a match as well, she gets so angry whenever an Everton (or Arsenal) player gets kicked just watching it on TV....love to see how she reacted in the flesh :lol: . Blind loyalty also....always has a ready excuse if one of "her" players commits the assault :lol: .

Any chance that they are the Good Looking Spanish boys?

Mike you should go along with her some great paintings, tho i think his earlier work was better than the later stuff, he was infatuated with the female body and did most of his best work with them. a bit like me in my early days. ;)

My sister in law, a talanted lady in her own right has been tasked with creating a Klimt style piece of work for a client.Her weakness in this subject being the figures!!The figures being as mentioned naked women!!!

As a bit of an artist, she's asked me to help her out with this problem.The research into this subject has been long and hard!and a couple of my early efforts, have been labled by my sister in law as a bit too risky!!!.......espically as her client is the womens institute :rolleyes:

My sister in law, a talanted lady in her own right has been tasked with creating a Klimt style piece of work for a client.Her weakness in this subject being the figures!!The figures being as mentioned naked women!!!

As a bit of an artist, she's asked me to help her out with this problem.The research into this subject has been long and hard!and a couple of my early efforts, have been labled by my sister in law as a bit too risky!!!.......espically as her client is the womens institute :rolleyes:

Does your help involve posing as the naked woman? ;)

Does your help involve posing as the naked woman? ;)

Romey!!........This thread includes the word CULTURE!......you've come to the wrong place!

It's not what's in that old yogurt in your mums fridge :rolleyes:

Also next time your bird gets her kit off.........don't go wondering if I look like that!!!...It wont help the moment :huh:

To be honest, I'm not a fan of COC at all.

It only serves to yuppify the city centre, the beneficaries are companies. Nothing has been done for the residents.

In 1990 it was Glasgow.. Moyesy was on the radio this morning saying how it revitalised Glasgow in 1990. ;)

On a related note, I visited Edinburgh in March last year and it was nice looking but there wasn't anything there leisure wise unless you like art, designer clothes or Harry Potter!

I think the whole COC thing has been blown out of proportion. Liverpool are sharing this 'accolade' with Stavanger and Sandnes of Norway. I don't think that fact has been mentioned in the news and as for Phil Redmond, he's only trying to get Brookside back on tv ;).

i think its good that the city (centre) gets cleaned up, it needed it.

but i dont think they spent the money too wisely! sort of like use it or lose it.

the new one way system is a joke!

i cant think how they could have done things for the residents louis, but then i dont get paid to do these things so i dont need to lol

i asked my mate who came to edinburgh with me, they got the revamp money from the commonwealth games he thinks.