IGNORED

Contemptible Stadium Plan Stumbles At First Hurdle

Louis

No one prepared to comment then?

In a nutshell Tesco's regeneration plan is too large for Kirkby to cope with and Development Securities plans is acceptable.

Also experts were called in and they say that the loop site will bring in ten times as much revenue as Kirkby could.

No one prepared to comment then?

In a nutshell Tesco's regeneration plan is too large for Kirkby to cope with and Development Securities plans is acceptable.

:lol:

Also experts were called in and they say that the loop site will bring in ten times as much revenue as Kirkby could.

Lets hope the powers that be take some notice of that.

Steveo.. I actually think that the amount of people who drive to the home games will decrease if it is a city centre stadium.

Why? I hear you ask...

From where I live (Wirral - one third of season ticket holders live here), If I chose to drive I'd have the inevitable petrol to pay for, tunnel fare to pay, parking place to find and pay for (try parking for free in the city centre! - I lived there for two years, it's practically impossible).

I'd much rather get a bus or train direct that will cost a bit less and be less hassle?

I imagine people in Liverpool would do the same, get a bus or train direct to city centre (they all seem to there).

Would you ever consider getting the train from Warrington to Lime street as opposed to drive if it was a city centre stadium?

It's going to be a request for funds for a full-feasibility study into the city centre site (L3 3JA).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=15&om=0

This seems to go against what Everton put in the planning application, they stated that Liverpool Council told them that the site is not viable!

I have a problem with this in the council trying to make the Everton board look "bad". I firmly believe the council were more interested in Liverpool's new stadium than ours and diregarded our intentions to build outside the city but now are back tracking - which I am sure KEIOC are using to spin against the board quite happily.

I have a problem with this in the council trying to make the Everton board look "bad". I firmly believe the council were more interested in Liverpool's new stadium than ours and diregarded our intentions to build outside the city but now are back tracking - which I am sure KEIOC are using to spin against the board quite happily.

Thats exactly what is happening, just like Everton used LCC's initial negativity to sway the balance with their propeganda campaign. Your point being??

Fact is we can easily make more money the closer to the city centre we are and the core reason for the move is to make more money. If you dont believe me then read the thread about Goodison naming rights as we are looking at a 40mil over 10 years and I believe KW himself quoted 20mil for 5 years at Kirkby. That says it all realy, we can command as much money for naming rights on crumbling Goodison as we are going to be able to command on a brand new stadium. That is all about location!!

It seems Liverpool city council are just going to draw out the whole process........ if they were so intersted they would have helped us out in the begining...............

Sadly I dont think this move will ever happen.. it will just be a long draw out process wich ends up with spiriling costs... LCC know exactly what they are doing... for a change!!!!

It seems Liverpool city council are just going to draw out the whole process........ if they were so intersted they would have helped us out in the begining...............

Sadly I dont think this move will ever happen.. it will just be a long draw out process wich ends up with spiriling costs... LCC know exactly what they are doing... for a change!!!!

LCC are trying to scupper our ground move? For what reason? why would it be benificial for them to do that?

LCC have woken up and are trying to help plus keep Evertons business. Everton should be playing the game and matching the 2 councils & tesco against eachother to grind out the very best deal for the club, now that would be how a proper business man would play out this powerful situation they have found themselves in!

LCC are trying to scupper our ground move? For what reason? why would it be benificial for them to do that?

I think thats fairly obvious... you keep telling us that EFC will make millions and millions of punds if we stay in liverpool... Is that not a million reasons????????

Also they are the named main objectors to the proposal.... Because they are LCC they believe they should not be in competition with anyone else... as stated in the Regional Spatial Strategy whatever that is....

We called their bluff and they didnt like it....

the whole thing will now just be tied up in red tape.......... it wont happen anyway...

I think thats fairly obvious... you keep telling us that EFC will make millions and millions of punds if we stay in liverpool... Is that not a million reasons????????

Also they are the named main objectors to the proposal.... Because they are LCC they believe they should not be in competition with anyone else... as stated in the Regional Spatial Strategy whatever that is....

We called their bluff and they didnt like it....

the whole thing will now just be tied up in red tape.......... it wont happen anyway...

So liverpool city council are what? Trying to get us to stay at Goodison?

I'm not following your point.

So liverpool city council are what? Trying to get us to stay at Goodison?

I'm not following your point.

No generally their goal is not to have us move out of the Liverpool boundary. I think you know what im getting at and without adding to the argument just replying with the same question.

So to put in your way.... why wouldnt LCC fight to keep EFC in the city .... I dont think you will find one reason that doesnt have financial motivation

Edited by DangerMouse

Yeah I agree with that they're in it for the money. So What??

My point we are also in this for the money and wherever you stand on this argument being closer to the city centre of a major city under massive regeneration has a massivly increased earning potential.

Dont forget Tesco & Knowsley are also in this for the money infact everyone is, the only thing that should interest Everton is which is the best move for long term increased revenue and the answer to that will always be as close to Liverpool City centre we can get!

Yea I agree where all in it for the money but LCC seem to have thrown their dummy out the pram.

The decision has been made to move so anything stalling the process will cost EFC money in the long run. We have all had our discussions and in the most they have been fair and fourthcoming.

Im fairly open on the move so dont have a personal opinion to push or a business to lose if EFC move from Goodison. I honestly do believe though that we couldnt afford a ground move withouth a major sponser. If that is to be tesco so be it. Any move without a sponser will cost EFC maybe 200m... we dont have that sort of money so can you imagine the already cheap looking stadium mock up if we had to pay 400% more..

thats a bit off what topic on convo..... maybe in the long term LCC are still pushing the ground share idea beacuase they must know we carnt aford to do this on are own

Edited by DangerMouse

Steveo.. I actually think that the amount of people who drive to the home games will decrease if it is a city centre stadium.

Why? I hear you ask...

From where I live (Wirral - one third of season ticket holders live here), If I chose to drive I'd have the inevitable petrol to pay for, tunnel fare to pay, parking place to find and pay for (try parking for free in the city centre! - I lived there for two years, it's practically impossible).

I'd much rather get a bus or train direct that will cost a bit less and be less hassle?

I imagine people in Liverpool would do the same, get a bus or train direct to city centre (they all seem to there).

Would you ever consider getting the train from Warrington to Lime street as opposed to drive if it was a city centre stadium?

i too think that less people would drive, but even if only 1000 people still drove the the match that would put major traffic on the roads.

and louis, im not from warrington, cheeky!.i just work in this dump

Yea I agree where all in it for the money but LCC seem to have thrown their dummy out the pram.

They have thats why we shouldnt.

We are in a power situation here where both councils now want our business and if we pulled our heads out of the sand we could broker a great deal for ourselves by playing the 2 against eachother.

The decision has been made to move so anything stalling the process will cost EFC money in the long run. We have all had our discussions and in the most they have been fair and fourthcoming.

Im fairly open on the move so dont have a personal opinion to push or a business to lose if EFC move from Goodison. I honestly do believe though that we couldnt afford a ground move withouth a major sponser. If that is to be tesco so be it. Any move without a sponser will cost EFC maybe 200m... we dont have that sort of money so can you imagine the already cheap looking stadium mock up if we had to pay 400% more..

thats a bit off what topic on convo..... maybe in the long term LCC are still pushing the ground share idea beacuase they must know we carnt aford to do this on are own

even with a major sponsor kirkby will still cost us £150m!

but dont worry, you just keep believeing what BK and KW want you to beleive

They have thats why we shouldnt.

We are in a power situation here where both councils now want our business and if we pulled our heads out of the sand we could broker a great deal for ourselves by playing the 2 against eachother.

Do you not understand how long that would take??? Its taken maybe 3 years to get to this stage. It has probably cost the club a few quid also.

takling a step backwards would take maybe another 6-8 years and more cost that we carnt afford.

or is that the point of your idea, stall until the project falls to bits.

The main objection basically states that the district od Knowsley is not "big" enought to warrant a major project build while it will also not compliment LCC. If thats not finding a loophole to stall the process what is.

If LCC want to tender for the contract come up with some hard facts and decent proposals that stand up to required criteria set by EFC.

Let LCC spend some money and present something decent and not just shout out site locations at meetings.

Thats how you tender for a contract put your money where your mouth is. Proove that you want the contract. I dont see any of this from LCC, just random ideas and rumour.

The move is wrong and using timescale and cost as an argument for stumping for second best is also wrong. This is our ground move and at the moment we are bottom of the list of people who benifit.

Tesco corner the north Liverpool Market

Knowsley get Kirkby city centre regenerated

Whatever we can get out of this deal will be eclipsed by the earning potential of a city centre (or there abouts) stadium! Anyone who thinks Kirkby is the right option needs to stop looking in the short term and start looking to the future. Long term slow steady development is the key in football.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Right then well we can go on all day but lets discuss this when LCC stump up some cash and show us a proper proposal...... Not some graphic in google maps ffs

something in black and white answering those questions we all have..

Fair enough.

As a side point would you like to share with us Evertons 'proper proposal' because as far as I can see they have offered up about as much detail as LCC so far and had the cheek to ask us to vote on it!

Think Dangermouse was one of those peeps who fell for the Club spin without thinking it through, it was a well planned attack and deliberately rushed onto the Voting supporters specificly so they had no time to think it through properly, and now that dream "Deal of the Century" has since turned into the Con of the century and he fell for it, tho theres no need to feel ashamed about it, the club Conned a lot of peeps just the same as they did you. :) Its not the end of the world Dangermouse Goodison is not going to fall down. Lets take our time and make sure the long term outcome is right for the Club.

These are the one's who scare me the most Bill even after the vote and the "small additional debt" changed to a 150million cost at planning stage, the "6000 parking spaces" turned into 1000 and the "no plan B" turned out to be a blatent lie, there are loads of options the club just didnt bother looking into them.

Trusting that is like crossing the road wearing a blind fold.