IGNORED

Aston Villa (cup)

Romey 1878

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

Were we really expecting him to want Liverpool ? They'll be as disjointed about the draw as us , but should be a good match , especially if we learned anything from the last one .

Really depends on how much we want it , and how quick our strikers get back as to if we can win the competition . Watch us beat Villa and draw United <_<

Edited by efctaxi

Watch us beat Villa and draw United <_<

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. But you know, considering how frequently we underperform in the FA Cup when we're favored (see: Oldham, Blackburn, Shrewsbury, Tranmere, etc.), maybe United wouldn't be such a bad draw.

not saying i was happy to see villa as the draw in the next round. at least we know we can beat them with a injury strucken front line. and the defense has been much better since conceding the late goal at goodison with that twat young get the goal. he will eat his words when he steps onto the field at goodison. wankers. i hope he gets all sorts of abuse from us.

sneak past villa is my prediction. Jo to be the hero...eat that city.

not saying i was happy to see villa as the draw in the next round. at least we know we can beat them with a injury strucken front line. and the defense has been much better since conceding the late goal at goodison with that twat young get the goal. he will eat his words when he steps onto the field at goodison. wankers. i hope he gets all sorts of abuse from us.

sneak past villa is my prediction. Jo to be the hero...eat that city.

Eat that YanksKnowFutbol.

Guest efctaxi

Don't want to dampen our spirits , but Pienaar can't play , and Phil Neville, Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta and Joleon Lescott all have 4 yellows .

I think Moyes should bring on the youngsters again today , and not make the same mistake he did with Fellaini .

Don't want to dampen our spirits , but Pienaar can't play , and Phil Neville, Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta and Joleon Lescott all have 4 yellows .

I think Moyes should bring on the youngsters again today , and not make the same mistake he did with Fellaini .

Hmm that was a good point. It might be the reason why Cahill were "hiding" whole game(bolton). Moyes has told him not to take card. But we didnt get cards for them, right? Ill at least hope we didnt :P . We gonna need all of em in this game. Good match coming.

Guest efctaxi
Barry is suspended for this game anyway :)

Didn't Young pick a red up ?

Edit : Ignore me , I live in my own little world lol :lol:

Edited by efctaxi

The Echo...

"LOUIS SAHA is hoping to give David Moyes a welcome selection headache this weekend by making his long-awaited return to Everton’s squad.

With Jo cup-tied, Moyes could do with having another striker in his squad and though Saha is unlikely to play from the start, he could take a place on the bench."

Good news :) .

Lawreson has us down for a draw..

Everton v Aston Villa (1430 GMT)

If it's anything like the Premier League game in December this will be a Cup classic. That was a game Everton didn't deserve to lose and Villa didn't deserve to win.

Villa are a counter-attacking team and they'll be up against a Toffees side who have improved at home.

Verdict:1-1

.....but then he had us down for a 1-1 against Bolton as well so what does he know :lol: .

Nice bit of blog here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2009/02/moyes.html

Personally I think Villa will score....but only once.

Just depends whether we can get a couple...I think we will. Lescott and a last minute twenty-five yarder from VDM (then we can all watch EW being arrested :lol: ).