IGNORED

Aston Villa (cup)

Romey 1878

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant first half by the boys!

Second not as good but good enough.We played some excellent first time football and out classed Villa, who have the best away form in the prem.

The teenages, Anichebe, Rodwell and Gosling did themselves and Everton proud! what composure from Rodwell and now a goal too!!

Arteta ran the show in the first half, but everyone came down a gear in the 2nd, BUT we were still better than villa.......GENIUS !....ashley young!! was he even playing? :lol:

Victor led the line well, and if people think that's the finished item, think on! way too strong for the Villa defence, just needs to keep learning, along side another teenager Vaughan, they could be awesome!

No one had a bad game today!.................You did us proud again Everton.

MOM!....first half Arteta....for the entire game Cahill.

Guest efctaxi

Good game today again , and particularly from the midfield .

Thought our defensive work was below par , with Hibbert possibly the better of the 4 today . Strong performance from Howard again , and also from Anichebe .

Will be a tough next game , but hope ( and deserve ) to miss the bigger 3 , especially away . Would rather not get Blackburn either , as they're a bit of a bogey side for us .

When is the draw ? Later today or tomorrow ?

Anichebe just does not cut it for me... you could see he was busting a gut to work so hard but hes just naff! I must say hes very strong but hes slow, his first touch is poor and he holds the ball for too long and HE FALLS OVER TOO MUCH!! Rodwell and Arteta played very well, I also thought Jags and Cahill were good!

IMO they were lucky in the league match....................they have been lucky in a few games since then...................luck runs out and we will see them off, 3 - 1

Big clock for Jimmy, (and LTC) spot on forecast..........................

I must admit that when I heard the team my heart sank but our spirit glows so strongly at the moment everyone in Blue is inspired to give it their all, brilliant.

I know Arteta will be most supporters choice as MOM, and I would not dispute that choice too much but I would ask everyone to view the replay later on Setanta and fully appreciate what a shift young Rodwell put in today, the kid is only 17, unbloodybelieveable. He took his goal so well, his temperament appears to be ice cold and he does some many things so well. At no point did he shirk responsiblity, allow the Villa players niggling to get to him, he was calmness personified. I have never been more impressed by a kid of that age, and that includes Rooney.

On the dark side we will lose both Timmy and Hibbo for the next match, the fact its at Newcastle could well suit us as the fixture could have been a lot harder. Both players will have clean sheets for the remainder of the season including us beating West Ham by a similar score in the next round (hammers will see off Boro)

COYB

Well done lads you've made this ailing old blue ecstatic

Edited by Jimmy the blue

We're on the same page, Jim. Last night I played indoor soccer in my Everton shorts, and there was a guy on the other team wearing Villa kit. We beat them 3-1 - and that's what we'll do on Sunday.

:thumbsup_still: :guitar: :king_right:

Well done both of us, Jim.

Edited by LeToffeeCanadien

Big clock for Jimmy, (and LTC) spot on forecast..........................

I must admit that when I heard the team my heart sank but our spirit glows so strongly at the moment everyone in Blue is inspired to give it their all, brilliant.

I know Arteta will be most supporters choice as MOM, and I would not dispute that choice too much but I would ask everyone to view the replay later on Setanta and fully appreciate what a shift young Rodwell put in today, the kid is only 17, unbloodybelieveable. He took his goal so well, his temperament appears to be ice cold and he does some many things so well. At no point did he shirk responsiblity, allow the Villa players niggling to get to him, he was calmness personified. I have never been more impressed by a kid of that age, and that includes Rooney.

On the dark side we will lose both Timmy and Hibbo for the next match, the fact its at Newcastle could well suit us as the fixture could have been a lot harder. Both players will have clean sheets for the remainder of the season including us beating West Ham by a similar score in the next round (hammers will see off Boro)

COYB

Well done lads you've made this ailing old blue ecstatic

Personally I thought Rodwell was just ok, I thought both Neville and particularly Arteta outshone him, I hardly even noticed Rodwell playing in the first half in particular. Well played Anichebe in the first half, this season he has started to look like a young Heskey, strong, quick and good link up play. Let's just hope this finally starts to derail Villa's season, they really aren't very good and no way should finish ahead of us in the league but they do have a big lead.

First half was tremendous from us but in the second half we let our foot off the pedal. That being said we dominated the game for the most part and Villa didn't give us too many scares, so it was pretty much an easy day at the office for us today. Roll on the next round :) .

Howard - He has to be THE worst keeper at stopping penalties! He did make an excellent save later on though so I'll let him off :P .

Hibbert - Back to his normal shite self today. Terrible decision to slide in to gift them a way back into the game when we were completely dominating. At one point he was about 15 yards from Ashley Young and he looked at Young three times before proceeding to walk even further away from him giving him even more room he could run into once he received the ball! The lads a fucking liability and I'm glad he's banned for the next game.

Jagielka - Showed today that the England mistake was indeed just a blip.

Lescott - Apart from a few dodgy clearances he was solid.

Baines - Couldn't get forward as much as we've been used to in recent weeks because he only had Gosling infront of him but he put in a good shift for us.

Anichebe - I thought he had a really good game for us today. He still tires too easily though and when decisions don't go his way he sulks and gives up. That needs sorting out.

Arteta - Ran the show for us today. Not only did he control the team going forward but he tracked back time and time again and put great defensive tackles in to win the the ball back for us. It really was a sublime performance and earned him my MOTM vote.

Rodwell - He is fucking immense, just immense. He's going to be even better on the ball than Arteta in the next few years. He never panics no matter what position he's put in. His performance was summed up for me when he lost the ball to Young (I think) and he ran back after him and took the ball back effortlessly. We need to get this boy tied down to a long-term contract, and fast.

Neville - Solid performance from the skipper today. Job done.

Gosling - I thought he was poor today. Every time he got the ball he just ran straight into an opposition player. He doesn't have the pace or skill to take a man on.

Cahill - A workmanlike performance from Timmy today. He was never going to win much in the air today against Knight and Davies, but he never gave up and gave everything to the cause.

Rodwell has proved everytime he's played for us that he's going to be one of the best players in the world in his prime, he looks more composed than half the team at 17 years old, his composure on the ball and his acceleration over 20 yards is fascinating, a few times today he sprinted back and won the ball like a proper defesive midfielder and just plays the simple passes he's meant to. we need to offer him a long term deal soon or one of the top clubs will snap him up.

Arteta shown class again and put in a MOTM performance well done lad.

Edited by Blue4Ever

First half was tremendous from us but in the second half we let our foot off the pedal. That being said we dominated the game for the most part and Villa didn't give us too many scares, so it was pretty much an easy day at the office for us today. Roll on the next round :) .

Howard - He has to be THE worst keeper at stopping penalties! He did make an excellent save later on though so I'll let him off :P .

Hibbert - Back to his normal shite self today. Terrible decision to slide in to gift them a way back into the game when we were completely dominating. At one point he was about 15 yards from Ashley Young and he looked at Young three times before proceeding to walk even further away from him giving him even more room he could run into once he received the ball! The lads a fucking liability and I'm glad he's banned for the next game.

Jagielka - Showed today that the England mistake was indeed just a blip.

Lescott - Apart from a few dodgy clearances he was solid.

Baines - Couldn't get forward as much as we've been used to in recent weeks because he only had Gosling infront of him but he put in a good shift for us.

Anichebe - I thought he had a really good game for us today. He still tires too easily though and when decisions don't go his way he sulks and gives up. That needs sorting out.

Arteta - Ran the show for us today. Not only did he control the team going forward but he tracked back time and time again and put great defensive tackles in to win the the ball back for us. It really was a sublime performance and earned him my MOTM vote.

Rodwell - He is fucking immense, just immense. He's going to be even better on the ball than Arteta in the next few years. He never panics no matter what position he's put in. His performance was summed up for me when he lost the ball to Young (I think) and he ran back after him and took the ball back effortlessly. We need to get this boy tied down to a long-term contract, and fast.

Neville - Solid performance from the skipper today. Job done.

Gosling - I thought he was poor today. Every time he got the ball he just ran straight into an opposition player. He doesn't have the pace or skill to take a man on.

Cahill - A workmanlike performance from Timmy today. He was never going to win much in the air today against Knight and Davies, but he never gave up and gave everything to the cause.

I were planned that iwill do first time in here a whole team analyze, but im late. Romey said it all already. Baines were more busy today cause on Gosling were struggling that side today. J-Rod, AMAZING, cool/smart/balanced/timed/Calmness/any fukin word what describes a good skill in football, he did it. Just amazing, he clearly aint playing like 17y kid... how good he is gonna come.... MOM

Edited by LexKing

First team to score might win ;)

Good

Personally I think Villa will score....but only once.

Better

IMO they were lucky in the league match....................they have been lucky in a few games since then...................luck runs out and we will see them off, 3 - 1

Excellent! although plaudits removed for patting yourself on the shoulder :P

i just knew we would win today, even at 1-1 i was sure, although when agbonlahor missed that header and howard saved was probably a turning point.

How long did that 2nd half go on for though? well late kicking off!

We played very well in the first half and showed Villa that although they are flying high they are no better in any department then ourselves. It is quite unbelievable how well we have played in the last few months with our injury problems and selection issues and its nice to finally hear a few people acknowlage what a great job Moyes and the lads are doing.

One thing that pissed me off was O'neill's post match interview he sounded quite bitter i usually like the bloke but what game was he watching they desurved to win? Petrov ran the game and was a million miles the best player on the pitch? You got spanked by a better team simple you tool.

Personally I thought Rodwell was just ok, I thought both Neville and particularly Arteta outshone him, I hardly even noticed Rodwell playing in the first half in particular. Well played Anichebe in the first half, this season he has started to look like a young Heskey, strong, quick and good link up play. Let's just hope this finally starts to derail Villa's season, they really aren't very good and no way should finish ahead of us in the league but they do have a big lead.

Just in case you missed it, he was the lad who scored the opener, I assume you were sat behind a pillar :rolleyes:

Carl...to put it simply, you are wrong. :D

Seeing as Rodwell scored in the 4th minute i take it that Carl was 10 minutes late getting to his seat. :D