95 replies to this topic

#41 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 Mar 2009 - 11:14

Remember 1985 when Man Utd denied us the treble?.

Would be nice to get revenge at Wembley and deny them what could be a treble (or more). They are talking about winning 5 trophies this season, greedy gets.

#42 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 04 Apr 2009 - 09:45

http://www.liverpool...00252-23309711/

A nice touch.

#43 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 07 Apr 2009 - 14:15

Steve Bennett is the ref for the semi

http://www.liverpool...00252-23332570/

#44 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 07 Apr 2009 - 14:18

He's not bad referee even if he is getting on, he's 48. Is that not old for someone of his position?

#45 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 Apr 2009 - 14:53

Each time we get knocked out of a cup , our heads go down and we have a poor run of form .
Just hope Moyes prepares them mentally a lot better this time , win or lose .

#46 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,429 posts

Posted 07 Apr 2009 - 19:40

United definitely there for the taking on current evidence.

Half time against Porto..BBC website..

Hairdryer time at Old Trafford. Even over their shaky recent period, Manchester United cannot have played that badly. Porto will be disappointed they haven't scored three or four.

...he's not wrong.

#47 toffee77

toffee77

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 Apr 2009 - 08:29

United definitely there for the taking on current evidence.

Half time against Porto..BBC website..

Hairdryer time at Old Trafford. Even over their shaky recent period, Manchester United cannot have played that badly. Porto will be disappointed they haven't scored three or four.

...he's not wrong.

It could be a long tiring night in Portugal for them next week.

#48 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 Apr 2009 - 09:00

The gap between their trip to Portugal is so short that it plays right into our hands. The draw could be the result that we were looking for. If they had lost they might have rested players for the Everton game (knowing that Champions League progression was unlikely) and if they had won they will have rested players for the FA Cup tie (knowing that the Champions League was secured) With them fielding their star players against Porto who are not playing up to scratch as it is they will surely be tired for the game against us at Wembley. It's a lot of travelling for them and not much for us. This game is for the taking and it seems that United arn't as much of a force than we thought they was.

FC Porto - 15th April
Everton - 19th April

^Thats the fixture list for them

They have but days to recover from their Portugese game that they will surely be playing at 50%
The tie gets so much more exiting...let's get to the final and relive 95'

:)

#49 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2009 - 17:51

Beaten United and Liverpool surely we can do Chelsea?

#50 Sprooly

Sprooly

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2009 - 17:55

when chaill missed i thought oh shit but howard ive never watched a match when he has saved a penalty he picked the right time to pull it out of his ass

but berbatovs penalty wat was that

#51 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2009 - 18:08

In 95 we were told all sorts of dire facts and figures when playing United but we won, I see no reason why we can't do so again, remember lads the entire country loves underdogs and United will be heavily involved in many other 'big matches'

BELIEVE AND WE CAN OVERCOME COYB

Not a bad call and we can also do it against Chelsea, they won't have Vidic who was immense today:lol: :lol:

#52 JD in DC

JD in DC

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2009 - 19:16

Our path to the finals: Macclesfield, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Boro, Man U.

One thing's for damn sure, if we do win this whole thing, there isn't a soul alive who can claim with a straight face that we didn't earn it! It just occurred to me that if we do win, in fact, it will mean that we singlehandedly eliminated 25% of the Premier League from the tournament this year. Not to mention four of at least the top six (if not top five) teams in the standings. That would have to be a record of some kind, I would think.

#53 RuffRob

RuffRob

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2009 - 20:19

I agree JD, if we beat Chelsea to win the Cup in May, I doubt any club who have ever lifted the cup will have had to beat 4 of that years top 5 league clubs. If we do lift it by beating Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Aston Villa, I wonder if it would be the greatest ever FA cup campain (I would like to think so!!!)

COYB :lol:

#54 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2009 - 21:04

I agree JD, if we beat Chelsea to win the Cup in May, I doubt any club who have ever lifted the cup will have had to beat 4 of that years top 5 league clubs. If we do lift it by beating Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Aston Villa, I wonder if it would be the greatest ever FA cup campain (I would like to think so!!!)

COYB :lol:

I was thinking that myself before what a run it would be we have done the unthinkable as it is by beating the teams we have. The only concern i have with Chelsea is they will aim for Hibbert down the right as im sure they know he's been poor the last two games he drifted from his man so many times today i nearly lost my voice shouting at the screen.
If we play how we know we can we can beat Chelsea no doubt about it in my mind they are not the team they used to be although they are a world class team still they are far from unbeatable.

Either way we have a final to go to and the way we reached it is a massive achievement in itself and im proud as fuck tbh its about time this club had something to shout about for its hard graft over the years.

#55 Droobie

Droobie

rednu nwod morf retroppuS

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 04:22

If Chelski get into the CL final - won't they be thinking of resting players for that one?

#56 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 09:11

We'll need to play better than we did yesterday when I thought we looked a little frightened in the first half and negative overall, against - let's face it - a second string (if that) Utd team. The problem is up front, Saha and Fellaini are just too slow and one dimensional to play together, they played right into Ferdinand and Vidic's hands and I assume Terry and Carvalho won't have too many problems against them. For me, Saha is a spent force and shouldn't start a match for us full stop, hopefully Vaughan can get himself fit (could Anichebe possibly be back?) as we need him imo to cause Chelsea any problems at the back. Even though Utd had a disgracefully understrength team out yesterday we still caused them virtually nil problems because we just don't have any mobility up front, Vaughan needs to stay fit otherwise I'd shove Cahill up there and leave Saha on the bench.

Our crossing was abysmal yesterday as well, apart from one Baines pull back we didn't put a single decent cross or set piece into the box, how we miss the magic of Arteta.

But anyway, fantastic result and from now on we need to keep players fresh for the final. We can beat Chelsea but we need to play better and Saha needs to be benched.

#57 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 09:32

Let's not dwell on the quality of performance, each game is different.
I cannot wait for the final now...going to be an amazing atmosphere! Especially when Neville lifts the trophy.

#58 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 09:47

Our path to the finals: Macclesfield, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Boro, Man U.

One thing's for damn sure, if we do win this whole thing, there isn't a soul alive who can claim with a straight face that we didn't earn it! It just occurred to me that if we do win, in fact, it will mean that we singlehandedly eliminated 25% of the Premier League from the tournament this year. Not to mention four of at least the top six (if not top five) teams in the standings. That would have to be a record of some kind, I would think.

Without a doubt we are the one's that should lift the trophy and it's funny how everyone is now supporting Everton for what we have done. We have beaten Liverpool & Manchester United from the top 4 in fine style and can certainly over-come Chelsea who are not the force that they once were.

Chelsea's path to the finals: Southend United, Ipswich Town, Watford, Coventry City, Arsenal

The Southend game ended at 1-1 the first time around meaning that Chelsea had to play a second leg away from home. If Southend can give them a game then we have nothing to fear. :)

#59 iggy

iggy

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 11:41

Ticket prices have been announced :blink: but no word on the allocation/qualifying criteria yet.......

http://www.evertonfc...-announced.html

#60 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 13:39

I just hope that I can get a ticket for the final, I'll be gutted if I can't :angry: .

#61 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 13:48

The ' considerably less ' aspect has me somewhat baffled .

Yesterday , there were over 80,000 seats taken , but how many were not from supporters of either side ?

A little priority seems to be going amiss with the FA .

BTW ... What a voice our supporters showed yesterday . Big thumbs up .

#62 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,429 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 14:59

The ' considerably less ' aspect has me somewhat baffled .

Always the way, I've said elsewhere that a large amount of tickets are distributed through the whole FA pyramid for the final, unlike the semi.
Not to mention corporate hospitality and club Wembley....it's a disgrace but it's always been that way to an extent.

#63 Sporting4ever

Sporting4ever

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 17:03

Ticket prices have been announced :blink: but no word on the allocation/qualifying criteria yet.......

http://www.evertonfc...-announced.html

If it works like ours (which is a pretty good setup), the FA takes about 10 or 20%, to give out to certain people, and the rest is equally divided between the 2 clubs. Any leftouts will be sent to whomever asks for them, or maybe sold at the stadium...

#64 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,030 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 18:15

40,000 corp seats
25,000 everton
25,000 chelsea
give or take a few thousand for segregation

#65 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2009 - 19:52

I'm now going to go to every away game until the end of the season in hope of having a greater chance of getting final tickets. I bought tickets for Chelsea this week and the Sunderland game coming up, going to by the Fulham tickets as soon as they go on sale as well. Fingers crossed.

#66 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,429 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 07:43

What we need to happen now is for Chelsea to beat Barcelona so they play in the Champions League in the week before the final, preferably winning it.

It cost us the cup in '85 I'm convinced so a bit of payback is due ;) .

#67 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,588 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 08:02

I'm now going to go to every away game until the end of the season in hope of having a greater chance of getting final tickets. I bought tickets for Chelsea this week and the Sunderland game coming up, going to by the Fulham tickets as soon as they go on sale as well. Fingers crossed.

Worth a go I suppose but I doubt it will make any difference because they will probably go on sail next week

#68 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 09:32

I doubt they will go on sale next week to be honest. I can't even see them making an announcement until next week. Plus the Chelsea and Sunderland games will now be on my account so they will count already, its onl;y the Fulham which is a doubt. I'll have 8 cup and away games without the fulham game, hoping that will be enough.

#69 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 12:11

^^^ Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a ticket to an away game............... You need a season ticket plus away credit to go to chelsea and lots of away credits just to go to a "lesser" game......

Allways a chance though........ you might get one for the fulham game

#70 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 12:16

:rolleyes: Err, have you not read my posts properly? I already have my tickets for Chelsea and Sunderland. I am a Season Ticket holder and with the Chelsea/ Sunderland games that will then equate to 8 credits on my account, 9 if I get the Fulham as well.

Edited by jamiemaher85, 21 Apr 2009 - 12:17.

#71 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:16

How much prize money does the winner get ?

#72 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:19

2mil i beleive? 1mil for runners up and 500K for the semi-finalist LOSERS hahahaha. :lmaosmiley:

#73 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:20

Winner gets 2.8m overall.

#74 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:20

I know it's gone up from last year but I can't remember how much it is. It certainly wouldn't even buy us Joe Ledley's right foot though!

#75 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:21

Not a lot really . Especially considering what the FA make from it .

#76 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:22

Not a lot really . Especially considering what the FA make from it .

Robbin bastards...lets go kick their ass aswell :rambo:

#77 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 13:23

Robbin bastards...lets go kick their ass aswell :rambo:

:lol:

#78 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2009 - 20:01

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8011229.stm

Howard Webb for the final. Good choice. I like Webb, think he is the fairest ref around at the moment.

#79 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 22 Apr 2009 - 07:00

Would have to agree with that Jamie he's one of the best around in the Premiership and will probably issue a fair final. Riley did well in the semi final so hopefully the good standard of officials will come through the rounds.

I'm happy but as we all know this dosen't mean that he will be refereeing come May ;)

#80 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,175 posts

Posted 22 Apr 2009 - 09:08

I'm not surprised it's Webb for the final, it was always going to be him. I don't think he's as good as people make out but he's the best of a bad bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users