IGNORED

Fa Cup Final: Chelsea

dark

It will be a great day regardless of the result to have come this far with our injury and selection problems is an achievement in itself and as Jimmy said we will have a massive backing to beat them and i really think we can they struggled against Spurs in the Carling cup of which Spurs where the better team and should have won so if they can push United so can we.

I think if United get one loss prior to our game it will give us a massive lift and a huge drop in confidence for them no team is unbeatable if we get stuck in and knock them about we could get the better of them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may need luck but i think its our turn for abit of luck with all the injuries we have had this season. Saha to come back to haunt them i reckon am going to go for a 1-0 win for Everton, Saha to score a header, its a bit optimistic but come on we have to belive lol

Oh and btw doesn't Ferguson play his youngsters in the cup since they have got him this far or was that the carling cup??

Had to start this heating topic cause its written on the stars: Moyes would have hoped to avoid Sir Alex Ferguson’s team, who are on course for an unprecedented quadruple, but he may be comforted by the knowledge that on the five previous occasions Everton have won the FA Cup - in 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984 and 1995 - the West Indies cricket team have toured England. West Indies are due to play two Test matches in May.

Someone moved this in this topic :D im just so excited that macth that didnt notice the game is over a month now on, thought it will be next week :P

Edited by LexKing

• 2 weeks later...

evertonfc.com told you on Wednesday how fans had been braving the elements to secure their seat at Wembley - but Friday has been the busiest day yet. The first fan arrived at 2.50am this morning - even though the box office didn't open until 8am.

Supporters in the queue included those who were too young to remember the Blues' last trip in 1995, to others who were happily regaling tales of 1966 and the heroics of Mike Trebilcock and Derek Temple. The common belief though was that they would all be back again to queue for their final ticket; confidence high that Everton can put Sir Alex Ferguson's side to the sword.

More

Guest efctaxi

Each time we get knocked out of a cup , our heads go down and we have a poor run of form .

Just hope Moyes prepares them mentally a lot better this time , win or lose .

United definitely there for the taking on current evidence.

Half time against Porto..BBC website..

Hairdryer time at Old Trafford. Even over their shaky recent period, Manchester United cannot have played that badly. Porto will be disappointed they haven't scored three or four.

...he's not wrong.

United definitely there for the taking on current evidence.

Half time against Porto..BBC website..

Hairdryer time at Old Trafford. Even over their shaky recent period, Manchester United cannot have played that badly. Porto will be disappointed they haven't scored three or four.

...he's not wrong.

It could be a long tiring night in Portugal for them next week.

The gap between their trip to Portugal is so short that it plays right into our hands. The draw could be the result that we were looking for. If they had lost they might have rested players for the Everton game (knowing that Champions League progression was unlikely) and if they had won they will have rested players for the FA Cup tie (knowing that the Champions League was secured) With them fielding their star players against Porto who are not playing up to scratch as it is they will surely be tired for the game against us at Wembley. It's a lot of travelling for them and not much for us. This game is for the taking and it seems that United arn't as much of a force than we thought they was.

FC Porto - 15th April

Everton - 19th April

^Thats the fixture list for them

They have but days to recover from their Portugese game that they will surely be playing at 50%

The tie gets so much more exiting...let's get to the final and relive 95'

:)

• 2 weeks later...
In 95 we were told all sorts of dire facts and figures when playing United but we won, I see no reason why we can't do so again, remember lads the entire country loves underdogs and United will be heavily involved in many other 'big matches'

BELIEVE AND WE CAN OVERCOME COYB

Not a bad call and we can also do it against Chelsea, they won't have Vidic who was immense today:lol: :lol:

Our path to the finals: Macclesfield, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Boro, Man U.

One thing's for damn sure, if we do win this whole thing, there isn't a soul alive who can claim with a straight face that we didn't earn it! It just occurred to me that if we do win, in fact, it will mean that we singlehandedly eliminated 25% of the Premier League from the tournament this year. Not to mention four of at least the top six (if not top five) teams in the standings. That would have to be a record of some kind, I would think.

I agree JD, if we beat Chelsea to win the Cup in May, I doubt any club who have ever lifted the cup will have had to beat 4 of that years top 5 league clubs. If we do lift it by beating Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Aston Villa, I wonder if it would be the greatest ever FA cup campain (I would like to think so!!!)

COYB :lol:

I agree JD, if we beat Chelsea to win the Cup in May, I doubt any club who have ever lifted the cup will have had to beat 4 of that years top 5 league clubs. If we do lift it by beating Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Aston Villa, I wonder if it would be the greatest ever FA cup campain (I would like to think so!!!)

COYB :lol:

I was thinking that myself before what a run it would be we have done the unthinkable as it is by beating the teams we have. The only concern i have with Chelsea is they will aim for Hibbert down the right as im sure they know he's been poor the last two games he drifted from his man so many times today i nearly lost my voice shouting at the screen.

If we play how we know we can we can beat Chelsea no doubt about it in my mind they are not the team they used to be although they are a world class team still they are far from unbeatable.

Either way we have a final to go to and the way we reached it is a massive achievement in itself and im proud as fuck tbh its about time this club had something to shout about for its hard graft over the years.

We'll need to play better than we did yesterday when I thought we looked a little frightened in the first half and negative overall, against - let's face it - a second string (if that) Utd team. The problem is up front, Saha and Fellaini are just too slow and one dimensional to play together, they played right into Ferdinand and Vidic's hands and I assume Terry and Carvalho won't have too many problems against them. For me, Saha is a spent force and shouldn't start a match for us full stop, hopefully Vaughan can get himself fit (could Anichebe possibly be back?) as we need him imo to cause Chelsea any problems at the back. Even though Utd had a disgracefully understrength team out yesterday we still caused them virtually nil problems because we just don't have any mobility up front, Vaughan needs to stay fit otherwise I'd shove Cahill up there and leave Saha on the bench.

Our crossing was abysmal yesterday as well, apart from one Baines pull back we didn't put a single decent cross or set piece into the box, how we miss the magic of Arteta.

But anyway, fantastic result and from now on we need to keep players fresh for the final. We can beat Chelsea but we need to play better and Saha needs to be benched.

Our path to the finals: Macclesfield, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Boro, Man U.

One thing's for damn sure, if we do win this whole thing, there isn't a soul alive who can claim with a straight face that we didn't earn it! It just occurred to me that if we do win, in fact, it will mean that we singlehandedly eliminated 25% of the Premier League from the tournament this year. Not to mention four of at least the top six (if not top five) teams in the standings. That would have to be a record of some kind, I would think.

Without a doubt we are the one's that should lift the trophy and it's funny how everyone is now supporting Everton for what we have done. We have beaten Liverpool & Manchester United from the top 4 in fine style and can certainly over-come Chelsea who are not the force that they once were.

Chelsea's path to the finals: Southend United, Ipswich Town, Watford, Coventry City, Arsenal

The Southend game ended at 1-1 the first time around meaning that Chelsea had to play a second leg away from home. If Southend can give them a game then we have nothing to fear. :)