56 replies to this topic

#41 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 Sep 2009 - 07:39

they were out of contract...thats why we would have had to offer them new ones before we could sell them...im sure you're just tryin wind us up now by talkin shite

precisely my point why let their contracts run out when they are obviously not good enough kissock should have been sold a year ago and we should get rid of turner ruddy and lucas now

#42 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 Sep 2009 - 10:15

precisely my point why let their contracts run out when they are obviously not good enough kissock should have been sold a year ago and we should get rid of turner ruddy and lucas now

This the same Ruddy starting for Motherwell this year?

A lot can happen in a year, look at Rodwell, he wasn't ripping apart european teams last year. Kissock might've fetched 200-300k last year, but he could well have broken into the first team last year.

It's all well and good moaning at Moyes' decisions in hindsight. But until you devise a way to accurately predict player potential then can you please shut up?

Edited by Grarghsies, 19 Sep 2009 - 10:16.

#43 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 19 Sep 2009 - 14:22

agree with the above post!

we'd only have 2 goalkeepers if we did that with turner and ruddy and also the point of kissock was no one knew how good he would be if he grew a bit more in stature i think he could have made the grade but you cant predict growth patterns can you!

#44 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 Sep 2009 - 17:12

turner has been here 3 years so has ruddy neither will be good enough so get rid same as jutliw jutki lucas not good enough get rid and start again plenty of youth potential out there

#45 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 20 Sep 2009 - 20:30

your callin me a kopite cos i dont rate pienaar, if i was on a wind up mission i'd go on bluekipper. do you honestly think he's that good on the wing? or are you jus comparin him to osmans performance on the right. what does he comtribute to the team in your opinion cos from what ive seen he's got quick feet but sadly not the brain. he cant cross or shoot, and plays silly flicks too often instead of the simple ball. btw about the glue stiffin, does pritt stick count?

Im just a little curious

What did you think of Piennars performances this week?

#46 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 - 06:50

my opinion hasn't changed good player but could do with scoring a few more goals and look at bily 1 game 3 assists thats class

#47 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 - 08:33

my opinion hasn't changed good player but could do with scoring a few more goals and look at bily 1 game 3 assists thats class

But Pienaar has been our king of assists the past couple of seasons :blink: .

#48 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 - 09:43

But Pienaar has been our king of assists the past couple of seasons :blink: .

Ha ha are you seriously trying to apply any kind of logic in a debate with Milky?

#49 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 19,144 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 - 10:38

I think you should hold hands up and be happy that pienaar is proving you wrong. The logic behind your issues is not there. Find a better player in his position, compare stats, and compare value and compare our expenditure and budget. There is no one, you can't compare billy after one game against a sub standard team, although i was very pleased. Saying pienaar is good but you want more is a contradiction, he is good because he ticks the boxes. Let's just put this one to bed, there are other players such as osman who deserve your over analysis.

#50 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 - 17:05

Ha ha are you seriously trying to apply any kind of logic in a debate with Milky?

i think they are on to me

#51 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 22 Sep 2009 - 11:37

he's bee here 2 years and hasn't improved and has stated he would like to play in spain sometime he's rejected a new contract so if an offer comes in i would accept it

Milky, are you high?! hasnt improved?! he has been our only creative force since Arteta got injured. he is getting better and better with every game! we cant afford to sell him!

good to see ya here though! missed (some of) the blueroomers!

#52 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 22 Sep 2009 - 12:22

The latter half of last season Pienaar was easily our most improved player bar none so what Mily is harping on about is beyond me. Do you regularly go to games Milky? I can only assume you dont with such a wild comment as Pienaar has not improved as a player.

#53 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 Sep 2009 - 19:24

when he came he was a good player and he is still a good player but his goal tally is very poor i think he scored 1 or 2 last season for a player of his quality he should get more but he has been excellent in last 2 games and seeing him with heitinga and bily with baines is looking very exciting

#54 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,480 posts

Posted 22 Sep 2009 - 19:32

when he came he was a good player and he is still a good player but his goal tally is very poor i think he scored 1 or 2 last season for a player of his quality he should get more but he has been excellent in last 2 games and seeing him with heitinga and bily with baines is looking very exciting

Steady on Milky that was very nearly a sensible post :o !

You'll get yourself a reputation if you carry on like that!

#55 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 Sep 2009 - 21:24

I agree with some of what you have said. his goal scoring record is poor, but he is playing on the left wing an doesn't get alot of chance to get on his right foot. When he played on the right against Aek he looked like a new man, Even scored an amazing goal. with a left winger coming in, hopefully he'll get on the right an he have more chance to shoot with his right.

#56 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 Sep 2009 - 18:41

I agree with some of what you have said. his goal scoring record is poor, but he is playing on the left wing an doesn't get alot of chance to get on his right foot. When he played on the right against Aek he looked like a new man, Even scored an amazing goal. with a left winger coming in, hopefully he'll get on the right an he have more chance to shoot with his right.

a right footed player playing on the left has more chance of scoring as he can cut in on his right and shoot when he plays on the right i expect him to provide crosses for our strikers but personally wouldn't mind seeing him play in the middle with rodwell holding and him and cahill pushing forward

#57 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 Sep 2009 - 19:45

However, a right footed player on the left is utterly predictable.

That didn't seem to stop Duff turning Baines though :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users