#1 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 06:47

Bootle Everton FC star Jose Baxter in drug arrest

AN EVERTON squad member has been arrested on drug possession and counterfeit money charges.

Rising star Jose Baxter, 17, from Bootle, and two other men were arrested yesterday in Kirkby.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "We can confirm that three men were arrested in Kirkby on possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possession of counterfeit money.

"The men, 17, 29 and 34 are currently in police custody."

A spokesman for Everton Football Club said they had no comment at this time.

The centre forward is the youngest player, at the age of 16 years and 191 days, ever to feature in an Everton line-up.

He came on as a substitute for Everton in their clash against Blackburn Rovers on August 16, 2008.

He has now become a regular member of the first- team squad.

(Daily Post)

#2 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 06:55

If he's guilty it would make him more stupid than the stupidest dumbarse in Stupidville :rolleyes: .

#3 iggy

iggy

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 07:01

If he's guilty it would make him more stupid than the stupidest dumbarse in Stupidville :rolleyes: .

Can't argue with that, if he is guilty then I expect the club to get rid.

#4 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 07:30

Can't argue with that, if he is guilty then I expect the club to get rid.

Exactly what I was thinking. What an absolute tool he must be if it's true.

#5 the_toffee_bronco

the_toffee_bronco

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 07:44

Surely a kid who could potentially be earning tens of thousands of pounds a week in a few years would not be stupid enough to get involved in selling pot and counterfeiting money??? The fact the other two guys arrested were so much older is werid too.

Don't want to cast dispersions, but maybe he was buying drugs when the other two got busted and therefore been caught up in the possesion thing, either that or he is a complete moron.

If its shown to be true, I hope the club show him the door.

#6 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 09:33

Maybe it is a setup by oppositions to the Kirkby move :lol:

On a more serious note, what a tool if it is true.

#7 adz09

adz09

Dixie Dean.

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 09:49

Hope it isnt true, i believe this fella has a bright future ahead of him

#8 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 09:52

Hope it isnt true, i believe this fella has a bright future ahead of him

...or had.

#9 SharpysVolley

SharpysVolley

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 10:59

I hope for his sake it's not true.
Anyone old enough to remember Billy Kenny.........

#10 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 11:12

Football's lost talents.
article in the Guardian 2008.

(1) Billy Kenny (Everton, Oldham)

When Kenny, aged 19, was the man of the match in the Premiership's first Merseyside derby, his team-mate Peter Beardsley excitably christened him the "Goodison Gazza". If only he knew. The comparison was not gratuitous: Kenny was a midfielder blessed with sublime skill, especially in his passing, and perhaps more importantly a striking fearlessness (when Vinny Jones greeted him with a trademark early reducer, Kenny took the medicine uncomplainingly and then gave Jones a taste of it a few minutes later). But sadly the comparison to Gazza was equally relevant off the pitch: Kenny self-destructed, only much sooner. He chose not to choose life; he chose something else.

Unable to handle his newfound celebrity, he began to cross the white line on and off the pitch. "Some mornings I got home at four or five, had a couple of lines of cocaine, slept for an hour and then went to training," he said. "Sometimes I could hardly see the ball. I was a joke." He was sacked first by Everton and then by Oldham; he played his last league game at 22.

http://www.guardian....l/2008/mar/07/1

#11 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 11:22

According to Wikipedia..

"He now resides in Bloomington, IN; in the sixth year of finishing his Associate's Degree in Business at Indiana University."

I don't remember him at all...92/93 was one of my more blurred seasons :unsure: .

#12 iggy

iggy

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 11:43

Was set to be the next great thing in football but went off the rails........

#13 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 12:39

if its all true, and im hoping its not, i wouldnt want the club to get rid of him. he is an exciting prospect and if anyone can get him back on the straight and narrow, it would be Moyes. he is only a kid, and kids make stupid mistakes. If he doesnt learn from his mistake, then we get rid of him later on. but imagine we let him go, some other club takes a chance on him (and someone would) and he becomes the next rooney? all because he got caught with pot? come on! we had VDM on the books as an alcoholic for years!

IF he is guilty, give him 1 more chance. if he screws up again, then we get rid. but lets not be quick to judge....

#14 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 12:47

Being an alcoholic isn't illegal though (luckily), and if he's guilty (big if at this stage) of dealing and possessing counterfeit money he's quite likely to go down I'd have thought....depending on the quantity involved.
Then it won't be a question of if we give him another chance but if and when.

#15 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 12:58

could be out for the learning stage of his career and wouldnt fancy starting again when hes say 23 or 24 if he does go down i dont know how long it would be or whatever but i imagine its a few years?? people like that dont deserve another chance hes been given a great gift and IF he is guilty then he can fuck right off in my opinion i wouldnt want him here...but judgement to be reserved until its sorted. must agree with above before though it seems highly unlikely that he would but sadly some get mixed up with the wrong people eh

#16 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 13:06

IF guilty then get rid. But if he signs for another club straight away then we should be due compensation.

#17 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 13:06

Still nothing on the official site

#18 barryj

barryj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 13:16

Get him Steven Gerrards barrister and he'll b e fine!

.........what was he thinking?? Idiot

#19 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 13:19

IF guilty then get rid. But if he signs for another club straight away then we should be due compensation.

Looks like he already has :P :P

Posted Image

Don't worry everyone I came across this pic months ago, Jose is not going to Inter.

#20 KinseyG

KinseyG

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 14:47

as if you'd even chance it, can understand with the weed like ;)
but fuck, he could just work hard and one day make a crap load of money

#21 nogs

nogs

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 14:53

Don't remember Billy Kenny at all - I was only 12, but I was a complete football obsessive nut in them days, thought I would have done...

If its true its a big shame for Jose, could have thrown a career away before he's even started. But football is rife with it - it basically teaches young impressionable lads that they are something special, something better than the mere mortals who watch them every week, throws crap loads of money at them and pretty much leaves them to their own devices. I used to work on the local paper in Crewe and the stories about some of them lads, kids taken off rough estates in manchester and Liverpool to join the Academy there at 13, 14, were unbelievable - and Gradi was rated as one of the best at handling young kids in the game. Some - the Rooneys, Giggs, Rodwells - seem level-headed enough, or just obsessed with playing football enough, to handle it all. But for everyone of them, there's probably another 10 who prefer the high life, the booze, late nights, drugs, all the temptations that come with being young, dumb and loaded. I'm not gonna judge - I've given in to enough temptations in life, but then i didnt have a fantastic talent to waste B)

On another matter, if Baxter is guilty he'll probably face youth offenders given his age, so he could still come out the other side I guess

#22 sinanziric

sinanziric

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 14:54

hes young he needs help!, Its easy to drop him ... hes good player potential... maybe he just need a help?
Maybe he got bad company or something... It would be wase of player... but keeping such player would be shame for a club.

If he is guild he should ask for forgiveness and pray for another chance @ everton and all other stuff.

Well, Mutu is still playing ;)

#23 efc-murph

efc-murph

Brian Labone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 15:00

i know this has nothing to do with the baxter story but its interesting that all these young talented players are getting into trouble...
http://www.skysports...5613853,00.html

#24 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 15:44

On another matter, if Baxter is guilty he'll probably face youth offenders given his age, so he could still come out the other side I guess

If he gets himself sent to Portland he'll be a dead cert for Ian Wright's team :) .

#25 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 15:49

im sure the club will stand by him and get him a good brief....youve got to give him a chance he might just be in bad company....hes potentially worth millions...plus you wouldnt want to see a good talent go down the pan...if he gets a second chance it could be the making of him.

#26 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 15:49

Can't understand people saying we should be rid of him. He's 17. Seems a huge wasts to throw that away, even if he did get in trouble. Can't see how this is any worse than the drink drivers and the boozers getting into fights. A little cannabis never hurt anyone.

#27 Bobbin484

Bobbin484

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 16:15

Can't understand people saying we should be rid of him. He's 17. Seems a huge wasts to throw that away, even if he did get in trouble. Can't see how this is any worse than the drink drivers and the boozers getting into fights. A little cannabis never hurt anyone.

I agree. I think if we do give him another chance, Moyes and the other squad will tell him how lucky he is and make him realise what a great talent he is and try and keep him on the straight and narrow. If he then does flourish into a top class player then he may be even more committed to Everton due to them giving him such an opportunity!! And we may be able to avoid another Rooney situation!

Lets see what come out of the wash but I really hope this gets resolved for the better.

#28 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 16:16

Its not just a case of him having the odd smoke at the back of the bike sheds, he was arrested for possesion of cannabis with the intent to distribute, and money laundering (Allegedly)
What an arsehole.

If its proved and hes found guilty, he has to go.
If he's not guilty he has another chance, and it might help him to keep to the straight and narrow.

#29 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 16:34

Its not just a case of him having the odd smoke at the back of the bike sheds, he was arrested for possesion of cannabis with the intent to distribute, and money laundering (Allegedly)
What an arsehole.

If its proved and hes found guilty, he has to go.
If he's not guilty he has another chance, and it might help him to keep to the straight and narrow.

untill the courtcase no one will know the truth the phony money could have been bying the drugs...baxter may have just been in there company they seem a bit old to him.

#30 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 17:24

why do people want to keep him if hes found guilty and give him a second chance?? hes been given the best chance he can get by his given gifts and if he wants to throw it away then he can just let him fuck about at another club! and i dont wanna hear the nonsense about him bein young and mislead! hes 17 and knows right from wrong so thats a load of shite

#31 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 18:31

why do people want to keep him if hes found guilty and give him a second chance?? hes been given the best chance he can get by his given gifts and if he wants to throw it away then he can just let him fuck about at another club! and i dont wanna hear the nonsense about him bein young and mislead! hes 17 and knows right from wrong so thats a load of shite

Agree.
Most kids having a kick around would love to be in Baxter's shoes.

"A little cannabis never hurt anyone." Whatever, can't believe someone posted that crap.

#32 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 18:48

I think he's playing for the reserves tonight.

#33 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,483 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 19:06

I think he's playing for the reserves tonight.

Not in the squad according to the OS, though they've not named the team.

Nash, Coleman, Bidwell, Peterlin, Nsiala, McCarten, Forshaw, Akpan, Agard, Gosling, Davies, Arnoux, Thompson, Kinsella, McAleny.

0-0 at half time.

#34 WestcountryToff

WestcountryToff

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 19:36

He is showing in the team!!

http://www.evertonfc...td-res.html?t=4

#35 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 19:47

Yeah, he's definitely started the game for us.

#36 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 19:50

Agree.
Most kids having a kick around would love to be in Baxter's shoes.

"A little cannabis never hurt anyone." Whatever, can't believe someone posted that crap.

Seriously? What planet are you living on? Cannabis has been proven in countless studies to be order of magnitudes safer than alcohol or tobacco. Just because capitalist interests managed to smear it so effectively is no reason for decent intelligent people to set those who enjoy it aside as pariahs.

Maybe coming from Canada alters my view, but I was certainly not under the impression that the UK held such reactionary views towards it. Ho hum.

http://video.google....he union&hl=en#

http://www.doublex.c...old-pot-part-ii

As to the second charge I just can't take seriously the notion that a 17 year old professional footballer is involved in counterfeiting. Ludicrous.

#37 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 19:58

maybe a little never hurt but theres obviously a substantial amount to warrant arrest...also the money issue...if hes done it the lads a waster and deserves fuck all from any club especially this one

#38 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 20:13

Seriously? What planet are you living on? Cannabis has been proven in countless studies to be order of magnitudes safer than alcohol or tobacco. Just because capitalist interests managed to smear it so effectively is no reason for decent intelligent people to set those who enjoy it aside as pariahs.

Maybe coming from Canada alters my view, but I was certainly not under the impression that the UK held such reactionary views towards it. Ho hum.

http://video.google....he union&hl=en#

http://www.doublex.c...old-pot-part-ii

As to the second charge I just can't take seriously the notion that a 17 year old professional footballer is involved in counterfeiting. Ludicrous.

Alcohol is perfectly safe in moderation, while tobacco and cannabis are not.

Cannabinoids have been proven multiple times to trigger latent genetic mental problems such as Alzheimer's and Schizophrenia.

At any rate, if it's true then he's a fucking waster who doesn't deserve the chance Everton have given him.

#39 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 20:28

Alcohol is perfectly safe in moderation, while tobacco and cannabis are not.

Cannabinoids have been proven multiple times to trigger latent genetic mental problems such as Alzheimer's and Schizophrenia.

At any rate, if it's true then he's a fucking waster who doesn't deserve the chance Everton have given him.

Seriously? That's your concern? Have you ever looked at the numbers for deaths related to the substances that people consume? More people are killed by Aspirin every year than by 'cannabinoids'

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30
--

Acute effects while under the influence can include euphoria, anxiety, temporary short-term memory loss,[1] and circulation effects which may increase risks of heart attacks and strokes. However, chronic use is not associated with some cardiovascular risk factors such as blood triglyceride levels and blood pressure, as indicated in a longitudinal study.[2] The evidence of long-term effects on memory is preliminary and hindered by confounding factors.[2][3] Concerns have been raised about the potential for long-term cannabis consumption to increase risk for schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, and major depression,[4][5] but the ultimate conclusions on these factors are disputed.[6][7]

http://en.wikipedia....cts_of_cannabis

For a substance that has been available and in use for possibly 10,000 years those risk factors are about as minimal as any I can imagine. Name any prescription medication that has less severe side effects.

Just saying.

I suppose this isn't really the venue for this debate, but I certainly don't want to see the lad slandered over nothing.

Now if he is actually involved in counterfeiting money that's something else completely. But I have to imagine that even at 17 he's got to be on better wages than any of us so this just makes no sense to me. Besides, is the Bank of England, or our Federal Reserve any less a thief. Me thinks not.

Maybe we should just wait until we have a better idea of what happened. My guess is some shoddy reporting. Maybe one of the older men was a family friend/uncle etc and Jose was just in the car etc. At any rate, I don't see the need to jump all over the lad on the basis of this story.

#40 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2009 - 20:36

Seriously? That's your concern? Have you ever looked at the numbers for deaths related to the substances that people consume? More people are killed by Aspirin every year than by 'cannabinoids'

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30
--

Acute effects while under the influence can include euphoria, anxiety, temporary short-term memory loss,[1] and circulation effects which may increase risks of heart attacks and strokes. However, chronic use is not associated with some cardiovascular risk factors such as blood triglyceride levels and blood pressure, as indicated in a longitudinal study.[2] The evidence of long-term effects on memory is preliminary and hindered by confounding factors.[2][3] Concerns have been raised about the potential for long-term cannabis consumption to increase risk for schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, and major depression,[4][5] but the ultimate conclusions on these factors are disputed.[6][7]

http://en.wikipedia....cts_of_cannabis

For a substance that has been available and in use for possibly 10,000 years those risk factors are about as minimal as any I can imagine. Name any prescription medication that has less severe side effects.

Just saying.

I suppose this isn't really the venue for this debate, but I certainly don't want to see the lad slandered over nothing.

Now if he is actually involved in counterfeiting money that's something else completely. But I have to imagine that even at 17 he's got to be on better wages than any of us so this just makes no sense to me. Besides, is the Bank of England, or our Federal Reserve any less a thief. Me thinks not.

Maybe we should just wait until we have a better idea of what happened. My guess is some shoddy reporting. Maybe one of the older men was a family friend/uncle etc and Jose was just in the car etc. At any rate, I don't see the need to jump all over the lad on the basis of this story.

You can get cannabis on prescription too. Most medical professionals will also tell you if we discovered paracetamol tomorrow it would be prescription only.

None of that is important however as it is an illegal substance that, if in quantities sufficient to be charged with intent to supply, requires you to deal with a very serious criminal underworld that funds gangland crime and terrorism. And as an Irish person I can name you a number of people who are well known in my general area as cannabis dealers who are fronts for the IRA.

It is unbecoming of a person who has been given such an incredible opportunity. He shouldn't even be talking to these people, let alone being out with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users