IGNORED

Billy Collins Playing Field

Louis

Rumoured to be one of the sites offered to Everton for a new stadium:

Map of site

Its a pity its not the Bobby Collins playing field Louis :blink:

How long before the locals are up in arms with their Nimbyist attitudes, another enquiry and so on and so on.

We should suggest to the council that they apply for the Commonwealth Games in eight years time then we could have a stadium for bugger all al la Citeh

Why the hell is it so hard to find a ground for a stadium? It seems that any time a club in the US (Am. Football, Basketball, colleges) wants to build a new stadium, they just do. Granted there is about a year or so of planning, but never have I heard of this amount of gov't interference...silliness. My college, U of Oregon, is building a 20k basketball stadium and a 6k seat baseball stadium as I type, each one took around a year from conception to ground breaking. Just seems foolish. Also, do you guys really give a shit if you have to drive/bus/walk a few extra miles for a match? That hasn't ever seemed to be a problem for any US fan... a few New York teams play in New Jersey! I wish they'd just figure it out an break ground, cuz we can't keep on playing at Goodison and expect to grow.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

I wish they'd just figure it out an break ground, cuz we can't keep on playing at Goodison and expect to grow.

What about if over then next couple of seasons, liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd keep up their pretty average form, maybe even get worse (could happen) and we have a couple of good seasons at GOODISON!.....maybe we could get a couple of top 4 finishes, maybe win a cup or two ( in the last few games we've outplayed liverpool and arsenal ) and we nearly won a cup last year.

If that type of season occurs, them maybe we would be looking at maximum gates for most or all home games.More publicity and perhaps the kind of buyer Bill is looking for.

So I think we could grow whilst still at Goodison......we just need to win more games of football.

Financially we cannot grow. That is what I meant. Even with full gates at every home match (which we're not even close!!) we haven't the stadium capacity to match the gate revenues that city, manu, arsenal, sunderland and (next year or so) spurs.

When speaking about the quality of our football, I think that top 4 is definitely a feasible proposition, maybe not every year, but I see no reason we can't compete with the likes of Liverpool, City and Spurs in the next couple of years. We have proven we can, but as competition for top players continues to grow, our lack of financial growth will remove us from that pool of legitimate European contenders. A stadium is one avenue we can take to increase our financial prospects (and it is also the easiest as the others require the utilization of intangible assets). It seems bizarre that Everton FC (primarily the board) are not moving swiftly to relocate, instead I see dithering.

It was rumoured that Tescos would give us £50m, it has since been denied, and the only money Tesco where handing out was to buy Kirkby town centre. On which they would allow us to build a stadium.

They used us to try and get their store built, and we tried to use them to get a cheap stadium, both deals have fell by the wayside. You only reap what you sew. ;)

Being totally honest, my favoured option, if we were to move would be to Walton Hall Park. But apparently that is impossible.

As I understand it, a football stadium can not be built on a publicly owned park.

ooooooooopppssssssssss :lol:

Anyway, is this the place with the artificial pitches on it or am i thinking of the wrong place?

Edited by Rubecula