106 replies to this topic

#41 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2010 - 19:28

Your definition of poor is quite strong. Keep in mind those poor players were all involved in games and dealings that, over the course of Moyes' 8 years, have brought us from relegation fodder to European regulars. Get your head checked.

Edited by bluenoseyankee, 27 Feb 2010 - 19:29.

#42 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2010 - 19:32

agree with most of good transfers although felli has alot more to do to justify his 15mill fee

as for poor signings

li tie,li weifeng,beattie,vdm,davies,arnoux,jo twice,castillo,gardner,da silva,spencer,bosnar,kilbane,kroldrup,plessis,rodrigo,said,jeffers,mcfadden.
thats alot of shite in a short time.and i idn't put in wright or Johnson

Your list just goes to show how clueless you are

Jo,Castillo, Jeffers and Gardener were only ever on loan so are hardly transfer disasters, Li Tie was quality until he got injured and we got him for buttons anyway Li Weifeng was part of the sponsorship deal with Kiejan
Rodrigo was also only here on loan and was tipped for big things until he got a serious knee injury after a couple of games and never recovered, hardly Moyse's fault
Kilbane was a success and helped the side tremendously early on but then as we improved he was shipped on so I would say he was a good signing

Spencer, Arnoux, Bosnar, Said and Plessis were all kids he picked up for buttons to take a look at again can hardly be described as transfer howlers

Mcfadden was sold for four times what we paid for him

AJ was signed for 8.5M and sold for 10.5M so again a profit and again I would say he was a success at the time
Beattie was tipped for the England World Cup squad when he finished top scorere for us in 2006 and we only lost 1.5M on him anyway

In his 8 years at Everton he has turned us from relegation fodder to regular European qualifiers and has actually made a profit in his transfer dealings during that time so get your head out of your arse and give him a break

#43 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2010 - 21:28

Your list just goes to show how clueless you are

Jo,Castillo, Jeffers and Gardener were only ever on loan so are hardly transfer disasters, Li Tie was quality until he got injured and we got him for buttons anyway Li Weifeng was part of the sponsorship deal with Kiejan
Rodrigo was also only here on loan and was tipped for big things until he got a serious knee injury after a couple of games and never recovered, hardly Moyse's fault
Kilbane was a success and helped the side tremendously early on but then as we improved he was shipped on so I would say he was a good signing

Spencer, Arnoux, Bosnar, Said and Plessis were all kids he picked up for buttons to take a look at again can hardly be described as transfer howlers

Mcfadden was sold for four times what we paid for him

AJ was signed for 8.5M and sold for 10.5M so again a profit and again I would say he was a success at the time
Beattie was tipped for the England World Cup squad when he finished top scorere for us in 2006 and we only lost 1.5M on him anyway

In his 8 years at Everton he has turned us from relegation fodder to regular European qualifiers and has actually made a profit in his transfer dealings during that time so get your head out of your arse and give him a break

i think you'llfind he spent about 30mill net and we won't be in europe next season.
so as i said he has been good but as he gone as far as he can

#44 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2010 - 21:54

30 mil net? In 8 years? That is buttons compared to ANY other club in the Prem. The fact is we're challenging for Europe every season. Even IF we don't make Europe this term, it is not because Moyes has taken us as far as he can...it is because we played the first half of the season with between 6-14 injuries. Get a clue. Next year, with all fit (or no more than 1 or 2 injuries) we should be challenging top 3-4.

#45 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2010 - 22:07

30 mil net? In 8 years? That is buttons compared to ANY other club in the Prem. The fact is we're challenging for Europe every season. Even IF we don't make Europe this term, it is not because Moyes has taken us as far as he can...it is because we played the first half of the season with between 6-14 injuries. Get a clue. Next year, with all fit (or no more than 1 or 2 injuries) we should be challenging top 3-4.

comeback next october and apologise for that if im wrong i'll apologise

#46 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 Feb 2010 - 23:01

comeback next october and apologise for that if im wrong i'll apologise

Look at the number of teams who've spent similar or less who are now languishing in championship/league 1 even league 2.
To suggest he has taken us as far as he can on his budget is pathetic, the fact that he has taken us to a consistent top half finish is a miracle! if you really think we should sack Moyes and bring in another manager who will win us the league with no money then you are abviously a moron whose only experience of football is computer games or Roy of the Rovers. This whole thread should be deleted it's absolutely ridiculous!!

#47 MatthewT

MatthewT

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 02:23

Moyes paid next to nothing for the likes of Jags, Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar and not to mention Saha ( shrewd business anyone?!!). All of the above are worth a hell of a lot more than we bought them for, so in that respect the ASSETS on our field are unbelievable compared to our outgoings. Not forgetting that Moyes has blooded in youth players that under other managers may have never had the chance ( Rooney,Rodwell,Anichebe,Vaughan,Gosling). take a look at the red Shite, when was the last time they brought in a player from their youth system?!! with the exception of the right back thats played a couple of european games this season, i cant think of any for the last 3-5 years ( i'll happily be corrected here. Instead they'Everton spent literally millions and millions on "prospects". Yet the youth players that moyes has brought in have become squad members capable of competing in this league.Clubs like Liverpool, Tottenham, Sunderland, Man Utd etc etc spend MILLIONS on bringing in youth players in the hope that they may one day become great players. Moyes has done what was needed, he brought in players that can perform NOW and let the youngsters be slowly integrated in the squad.

As for teams like ourselves that have been " knocking on the door" of the top four for a few seasons, take a look at what happened to Tottenham when they replaced Jol. Im sure that was because he'd " taken them as far as he could", yet the following two seasons were a disaster when he left. Another notable team is Newcastle. Bobby Robson maybe "took them as far as he could" and got replaced, you may have noticed they no longer feature in our league table!!

Im pretty sure that we are all in agreement, so this renders the thread a bit pointless. Although it has been quite nice to sit down and admire Moyes' good work ( and yes, ponder on his downfalls..which are few and are far between in comparison).

Edited by MoyesForPM, 28 Feb 2010 - 02:24.

#48 Wall Writer

Wall Writer

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 08:39

Moyes paid next to nothing for the likes of Jags, Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar and not to mention Saha ( shrewd business anyone?!!). All of the above are worth a hell of a lot more than we bought them for, so in that respect the ASSETS on our field are unbelievable compared to our outgoings. Not forgetting that Moyes has blooded in youth players that under other managers may have never had the chance ( Rooney,Rodwell,Anichebe,Vaughan,Gosling). take a look at the red Shite, when was the last time they brought in a player from their youth system?!! with the exception of the right back thats played a couple of european games this season, i cant think of any for the last 3-5 years ( i'll happily be corrected here. Instead they'Everton spent literally millions and millions on "prospects". Yet the youth players that moyes has brought in have become squad members capable of competing in this league.Clubs like Liverpool, Tottenham, Sunderland, Man Utd etc etc spend MILLIONS on bringing in youth players in the hope that they may one day become great players. Moyes has done what was needed, he brought in players that can perform NOW and let the youngsters be slowly integrated in the squad.

As for teams like ourselves that have been " knocking on the door" of the top four for a few seasons, take a look at what happened to Tottenham when they replaced Jol. Im sure that was because he'd " taken them as far as he could", yet the following two seasons were a disaster when he left. Another notable team is Newcastle. Bobby Robson maybe "took them as far as he could" and got replaced, you may have noticed they no longer feature in our league table!!

Im pretty sure that we are all in agreement, so this renders the thread a bit pointless. Although it has been quite nice to sit down and admire Moyes' good work ( and yes, ponder on his downfalls..which are few and are far between in comparison).

This is the main point I think, when you change managers, those managers want to bring in their own players, get players to play in different systems and/or positions. There's always a transition period and it always costs money; none of which are we abundantly endowed with. Additionally, one of the main reasons for our success has been the stability of not changing managers every time something seems to not be going our way.

#49 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 10:34

Additionally, one of the main reasons for our success has been the stability of not changing managers every time something seems to not be going our way.

THIS.

#1 Reason I am a supporter of Bill Kenwright.

#50 Philinsuffolk

Philinsuffolk

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 10:40

Milky is of course entitled to his opinion - it's just a case that his opinion is a minority one.

I pray to God that he never wins big on the Euro Millions and buys the club as you would be a nightmare Chairman!

#51 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 12:03

Milky is of course entitled to his opinion - it's just a case that his opinion is a minority one.

I pray to God that he never wins big on the Euro Millions and buys the club as you would be a nightmare Chairman!

I just thank God, that he wasn't chairman around the time Kendall was struggling in the early 80's.

Just think a lucky scrappy win on Thursday, and we wouldn't be having this pretty stupid conversation.

His need to bring up signings from years back show his determination to stick the knife in.

When Moyes took over his first task was to get Everton out of a rut, keep them away from the bottom end of the table.....I'd say he's done just that, then a pretty much impossible task.....try and break into the top 4, with what we have to spend....WELL he only went and did just that!...Then Davey Moyes, can you, with a very small squad and not much money keep us up the top end, not much hope but have a go!... a couple of 5th's and such like, kinda was as much as we could hope for really.

Just lately, a cup semi against Chelsea and a cup final against the same....and we always seem to have bloody injuries!

THIS season......the worst injury crisis yet, on top of our poor start because of this and maybe the Lescott problem, WE NOW have lost our form player Fellaini for the rest of the season, Cahills injured and Arteta and Jags are hardly up and running.We are trying to bed in a difficult Russian and an on loan Donovan....

.....Give the man (Moyes) a fuc%ing break!

#52 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,500 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 12:30

^^^ a very good post ^^^^

I agree 100%. :) :)

#53 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 12:58

i don't think i have evr said he should be sacked rather that he should consider his position.

#54 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 15:13

i don't think i have evr said he should be sacked rather that he should consider his position.

Why should he consider his position, when his full squad is available he's made us the best team outside the big money boys....and were even starting to beat them.

OH!......Sure this season's slightly off target, but then we all know about injuries..
.....well except maybe you :blink:

#55 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 15:38

No offense meant Milky, but your opinions (which you are as entitled to as any of us) seem to be totally different to everyone else.

Do you think therefore you may be wrong?

#56 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 18:42

No offense meant Milky, but your opinions (which you are as entitled to as any of us) seem to be totally different to everyone else.

Do you think therefore you may be wrong?

As it is my opinion i can't be wrong.

and also if you look back through this thread alot ofpeople actually agree with my points about his tactical naievity his use of substitutions and his lack of belief in his squad.

we still haven't beaten a top four team away from home during his 8 year reign which is appalling.

I am not denying he has done avery good job for us but question if he has the motivational skills to drag us any further.

Lets not also forget he has been given the funds to purchase record signings most years including a 15million pound signing.
Not many other teams have spent that on one player.

#57 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 19:06

Milky take a look at Moysies transfer dealings and explain to me in what way are they suspect

TRANSFERS IN

Yobo £5M
Li Tie £450k
li Wei Feng loan
Rodrigo £1.5M
McBride loan
Said loan
Jeffers loan
Martyn free
Mcfadden £1.25M
Kilbane £1M
Bent £450k
Cahill £1.5M
Bosnar free
Beattie £6M
Plessis free
Ruddy £250k
Davies £4M
Kroldrup £5M
Arteta £2M
Neville £3.5M
Ferrari loan
AVM £1.5M
Stubbs free
Westerveld loan
Spencer unisclosed
AJ £8.6M
Lescott £5M
Da Silva free
Fernandes loan
Lukas Jut £1M
Jags £4M
Baines £5M
Wessels free
Yak £11.25M
Tommy G loan
Gosling £1M
Piennar £2.05M
Jacobsen free
Castillo loan
Saha free
Nash free
Felli £15M
Jo loan
Coleman nominal fee
Mustafi nominal fee
Bily £10M
Distin £5M
Niell free
Donovan loan
Senderos loan

TRANSFERS OUT

Niell £1M
Lescott £24M
AJ £10.5M
Mcfadden £6M
Beattie £4M
Naysmith £1M
Kroldrup £3.4M
Bent £2.5M
Chadwick £250k
Tommy G £3.5M
Rooney £30M
Clarke £150k
Linderoth £1M
Radzinski £1.75M
Pembridge £750k
Davies £2M
Hughes £400k

That works out at total spent £101.56M and total received £92.7M

So in other words Moysie has "blown" a huge £8.86M since he has been in charge and all he has to show for it is changing us from relegation fodder to European regulars!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic, 28 Feb 2010 - 19:16.

#58 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 19:22

That's rubbish. Opinions can very much be wrong. Your opinion goes contrary to all present evidence. It, therefor, is wrong.

#59 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 19:30

Of course you can - I'm colour blind and in my opinion the sky is green.

That's not right, the sky is blue. However much I argue the sky maybe green to me, the fact of the matter is it is blue and I'm wrong!

#60 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 19:31

That's rubbish. Opinions can very much be wrong. Your opinion goes contrary to all present evidence. It, therefor, is wrong.

Same thought went through our brains!

#61 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,183 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 19:42

View Postmilky71, on 28 Feb 2010 - 18:42, said:

Of course you can - I'm colour blind and in my opinion the sky is green.

That's not right, the sky is blue. However much I argue the sky maybe green to me, the fact of the matter is it is blue and I'm wrong!

I was failed on so many exams because i gave my opinion when i asked. Truth is, opinions are only worth anything when theyre backed up, something i know i didnt do because i couldnt be arsed revising or doing my homework. Something youre also not doing, or if you are, youre not doing a good job of explaining yourself...

#62 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 19:46

I was failed on so many exams because i gave my opinion when i asked. Truth is, opinions are only worth anything when theyre backed up, something i know i didnt do because i couldnt be arsed revising or doing my homework. Something youre also not doing, or if you are, youre not doing a good job of explaining yourself...

this.

#63 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 20:33

Is that at me?

^^

#64 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,183 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 20:38

Is that at me?

^^

no dude, was backin you up!

#65 Gypo

Gypo

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 22:26

'Keep The Faith' with Moyes. He works miricales with the level of investment he has to work with and generally gets the best out of some average players. Also the youth and young players coming through need a 'leader' like Davy Moyes to direct and encourage them to greater things that will be a benefit to Everton and the support. I have had to suffer double today with the Toffee's getting beat and the Celts playing like lost bhoys and being beat by the huns. :crying: So Keep The Faith and don't think the grass is greener, as change is not always the answer and usually patients pays in the end. :thumbsup_still:

#66 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 28 Feb 2010 - 23:04

no dude, was backin you up!

Well that's alright then ;);)

#67 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 11:31

Milky take a look at Moysies transfer dealings and explain to me in what way are they suspect

TRANSFERS IN

Yobo 5M
Li Tie 450k
li Wei Feng loan
Rodrigo 1.5M
McBride loan
Said loan
Jeffers loan
Martyn free
Mcfadden 1.25M
Kilbane 1M
Bent 450k
Cahill 1.5M
Bosnar free
Beattie 6M
Plessis free
Ruddy 250k
Davies 4M
Kroldrup 5M
Arteta 2M
Neville 3.5M
Ferrari loan
AVM 1.5M
Stubbs free
Westerveld loan
Spencer unisclosed
AJ 8.6M
Lescott 5M
Da Silva free
Fernandes loan
Lukas Jut 1M
Jags 4M
Baines 5M
Wessels free
Yak 11.25M
Tommy G loan
Gosling 1M
Piennar 2.05M
Jacobsen free
Castillo loan
Saha free
Nash free
Felli 15M
Jo loan
Coleman nominal fee
Mustafi nominal fee
Bily 10M
Distin 5M
Niell free
Donovan loan
Senderos loan

TRANSFERS OUT

Niell 1M
Lescott 24M
AJ 10.5M
Mcfadden 6M
Beattie 4M
Naysmith 1M
Kroldrup 3.4M
Bent 2.5M
Chadwick 250k
Tommy G 3.5M
Rooney 30M
Clarke 150k
Linderoth 1M
Radzinski 1.75M
Pembridge 750k
Davies 2M
Hughes 400k

That works out at total spent 101.56M and total received 92.7M

So in other words Moysie has "blown" a huge 8.86M since he has been in charge and all he has to show for it is changing us from relegation fodder to European regulars!

you,ve missed out heitinga

but the amount you spend is irrelevant if you buy crap and moyes has bought alot of crap.
plus if you look half of the income in is from 2 players 1 being Rooney and the other was lescott who was never worth 24mill.
i would also question a few of the fees.

#68 Ian

Ian

Monkey Tennis?

• Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 12:00

I cant believe this discussion, were you questioning Moyes future after the Chelsea and Man Utd game? I think not.

It wasnt a great match the other day but it was just one of them things...if rodwell didnt make 'that pass' at goodison a week before it would have been a different game altogether, I dont believe Moyes could be accountable for that mistake!

Back to Moyes, I really don't believe you have much to back your arguement with. As duncanmckenzieismagic stated, a 'loss' of under 10 million is nothing short of outstanding, considering how the man has transformed us from a relegation team that were lucky to get a point from the likes of Bolton/West Brom etc. to european qualification/ cup finals and beating the two best teams in the country (and possibly the world), not to mention some truely outstanding buys by the man....get a grip !!!!!

He has made mistakes in the market, but take a look at the most successful manager in the profession today...Kleberson /Miller / Djemba Djemba / Bellion / Veron (he wasn't cheap!)..
even the best do it ;)

I really don't think its the time to be questioning Moyes' ability, it really is laughable at this moment in time (he was manager of the month last month FFS!!!), there maybe a time were he has took us as far as he can, but I can't see that occuring anytime soon.

The other point I would like to make is who could you bring in?

Who would be as successful with such limited funds? (and they are limited, hes 'spent' very little in terms of incoming and outgoing transactions)

Everton ARE a massive club and Moyes IS an outstanding manager. How could we possibly entice another quality manager, regardless of our history, with a shoestring budget at their disposal?

He has got flaws, he does make some questionable subs (not recently though IMO ), he has still got a lot to learn on the european stage but he is a young manager still finding his feet. He has progressed so quickly that he is bound to fall short on the big stage sometimes, another couple of years and hopefully some investment then I really do believe we can go alot further in European competitions. This is just the beginning :D

IN MOYES WE TRUST

#69 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 12:17

I cant believe this discussion, were you questioning Moyes future after the Chelsea and Man Utd game? I think not.

It wasnt a great match the other day but it was just one of them things...if rodwell didnt make 'that pass' at goodison a week before it would have been a different game altogether, I dont believe Moyes could be accountable for that mistake!

Back to Moyes, I really don't believe you have much to back your arguement with. As duncanmckenzieismagic stated, a 'loss' of under 10 million is nothing short of outstanding, considering how the man has transformed us from a relegation team that were lucky to get a point from the likes of Bolton/West Brom etc. to european qualification/ cup finals and beating the two best teams in the country (and possibly the world), not to mention some truely outstanding buys by the man....get a grip !!!!!

He has made mistakes in the market, but take a look at the most successful manager in the profession today...Kleberson /Miller / Djemba Djemba / Bellion / Veron (he wasn't cheap!)..
even the best do it ;)

I really don't think its the time to be questioning Moyes' ability, it really is laughable at this moment in time (he was manager of the month last month FFS!!!), there maybe a time were he has took us as far as he can, but I can't see that occuring anytime soon.

The other point I would like to make is who could you bring in?

Who would be as successful with such limited funds? (and they are limited, hes 'spent' very little in terms of incoming and outgoing transactions)

Everton ARE a massive club and Moyes IS an outstanding manager. How could we possibly entice another quality manager, regardless of our history, with a shoestring budget at their disposal?

He has got flaws, he does make some questionable subs (not recently though IMO ), he has still got a lot to learn on the european stage but he is a young manager still finding his feet. He has progressed so quickly that he is bound to fall short on the big stage sometimes, another couple of years and hopefully some investment then I really do believe we can go alot further in European competitions. This is just the beginning :D

IN MOYES WE TRUST

I have been questioning him for the past 2 seasons.
He has been with us for 8 years now and you say he has still got a lot to learn if i was employed for 8 years and didn,t know my job i would be kicked out.
All i am saying is he has taken us along way that is non negotiable but has he got what it takes to take us further.
JOe Royle did better with no money in a shorter amount of time and there may be another young manager like moyes was when he came who can push us on.

#70 Blue Oz

Blue Oz

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 12:51

I have been questioning him for the past 2 seasons.
He has been with us for 8 years now and you say he has still got a lot to learn if i was employed for 8 years and didn,t know my job i would be kicked out.
All i am saying is he has taken us along way that is non negotiable but has he got what it takes to take us further.
JOe Royle did better with no money in a shorter amount of time and there may be another young manager like moyes was when he came who can push us on.

Care to explain this? I can't argue with the fact that yes we did win 1 trophy which in a way is better but can you remind what our league positions were during the same period?

#71 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 12:54

Care to explain this? I can't argue with the fact that yes we did win 1 trophy which in a way is better but can you remind what our league positions were during the same period?

second season 7th then he left midseason

also he didn't have the luxury of selling a 30mill player

Edited by milky71, 01 Mar 2010 - 12:55.

#72 Blue Oz

Blue Oz

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 12:59

hardly a luxury when we were heavily in debt at the time! It would have been fine if we could have sold rooney and spent the money on players but as far as I'm aware it pretty much all went on clearing debts. Also we didn't get 30mil straight as far as I'm aware we got it over several payments plus some of the fee was based on appearances etc. so that only came in dribs and drabs

#73 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 13:02

hardly a luxury when we were heavily in debt at the time! It would have been fine if we could have sold rooney and spent the money on players but as far as I'm aware it pretty much all went on clearing debts. Also we didn't get 30mil straight as far as I'm aware we got it over several payments plus some of the fee was based on appearances etc. so that only came in dribs and drabs

I apologise royle finished 6th not 7th but there weren't as many european spots back then he also had an arsehole of a chairman who wouldn't back so he walked.

IMO much better manager than Moyes

can you remind me where moyes finished in his 3rd season

#74 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 13:23

you,ve missed out heitinga

but the amount you spend is irrelevant if you buy crap and moyes has bought alot of crap.
plus if you look half of the income in is from 2 players 1 being Rooney and the other was lescott who was never worth 24mill.
i would also question a few of the fees.

Milky could I please have the name and contact details of your care in the community officer because I think we need to have a little chat about wether or not you are really ready to be unleashed on society?

#75 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 13:28

can you remind me where moyes finished in his 3rd season

I'm gonna go out on a whim here, but I don't think you need reminding.

#76 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 13:49

I'm gonna go out on a whim here, but I don't think you need reminding.

to be honest i won't be disappointed if moyes stays as he is doing a good job but if things don't improve next season then i will be asking the same questions.
What i would like is.
1 all transfer dealings done before start of season.
2 Moyes rotates his squad a bit more.
3 Becomes a bit more adventurous away from home and get's a win against a top 4 team away.
4 If someone comes in for Pienaar he does the deal quickly

#77 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 13:54

Milky could I please have the name and contact details of your care in the community officer because I think we need to have a little chat about wether or not you are really ready to be unleashed on society?

you have missed heitinga out though.
phone number of my councillor is 0871 663 1878 ask for David

#78 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 14:02

to be honest i won't be disappointed if moyes stays as he is doing a good job

What?!?!?1

But you just said....

#79 milky71

milky71

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 14:07

What?!?!?1

But you just said....

REad the thread properly i never said he should be sacked or even leave i just think he may feel he has taken us as far as he can.
I have always said he has done a good job,but feel he is limited in tactics.

I admit that i point out his failings more than his successes.

#80 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 01 Mar 2010 - 14:41

REad the thread properly i never said he should be sacked or even leave i just think he may feel he has taken us as far as he can.
I have always said he has done a good job,but feel he is limited in tactics.

I admit that i point out his failings more than his successes.

So then I ask the question who can do a better job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users