78 replies to this topic

#41 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 01:29

I too appreciate some honest feedback from a red but have to ask (of the more bias ones) if you are so content wih your lot and think you were hard done to today (held by a "small" club) why are you bitching on here not on your own site? Seems to me it hurt you (and the fat potato headed spaniard)a lot more than you're letting on.

Well done Blues, I'll wake up feelin rough tomorrow but it'll be eased slightly by the thought of that battling display!

p.s. As Pat indicated, there seems to be a fine line between "big" and "small" clubs these days, winning the top prize between 15 (1991) and 20 (1987) years it seems???

#42 Londonblue

Londonblue

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 07:36

Here are the comments I posted on the afore-mentioned RAWK about the contest today:

"Jaysus, the way folks are going on in here, you'd think we actually had a chance to win the league until today's result. Face it, it wasn't going to happen.
Many are disappointed with Everton's tactics, yet they created several chances, including one of the most dangerous, and admit it: they played well defensively (and FWIW, 4-5-1 is their regular formation). It wasn't all our failures in the attack; they DO have talent in back. Yobo and Stubbs were immense, Cahill won more headers (at least according to the commentator on the broadcast I saw on-line) than anyone else, Arteta disrupted our flow time and again and did well to neutralize Xabi.
Not the most aggressive game plan overall, but isn't that how teams usually play on the road? Sit back to defend, then hope to catch the other side in counter-attack. It's a credit to our team that their counter-attacks were limited, and usually amounted to nothing.
I thought our biggest problems were in the middle: Stevie and Xabi looked uncertain, and I think our attackers (especially Kuyt and Crouch) lost their confidence in the second half as their back line held up after the waves of attacks. Their final touch lacked conviction when they did get a chance to play the ball towards goal. Pepe and the back four were formidable, coming forward with conviction often enough, and Jermaine was our best attacking player today.
Bottom line... they played well enough to get the draw. I mean, geez, the passion with which you support our team is fine, but completely discrediting the other team's effort and talent makes it appear that you don't know what you're talking about. Roll Eyes
Of course, that's just me..."

Not sure what Rafa meant by "small club". I thought he was referring to a team with somewhat limited resources, as many on here admit.
But you shouldn't take too much offense. I mean, it's as harmless a comment as Moyes and Arteta's assertions that Merseyside is "mostly Blue". It's largely meaningless, and meant to get under your skin. If it did, then it worked.

Congrats on getting the draw, and keeping in European contention.

Fair post Steelered. It s good reading people who actually think about what they say. Throwing insults around on a web forum is childish and puerile. Anyone with sense would just ignore them and scroll on by!

#43 xsaint

xsaint

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 11:59

Wake up folks....Beneath-us was trying to outsmart the media thats all.He know the media might have entitled as "The Big Reg Flops Of MersySide" in the morning papers so escape that he called us small team.But he should be ashamed as now people around the world will scrutinise into the Big $$ red flops ever more. Its sheer desperation that his BIG FLOPS were not able to win a small squad of quality,brave and honest players (unlike diving beanpole P.Crouch shite) and maybe he wanted to see one or two blues being sent off so that they can have some space but all that did not happen.Eventually what he and the Big Red Flops got was a slap on their face for definitely we were are the better side in Liverpool!!!

Big Red Flops Vs Small Squad Quality Blues and the results has been 0-0 and quality blues got 4 points out of six....full stop. Now the Mersyside flops can go and fcuk themsef!

Edited by xsaint, 04 Feb 2007 - 12:05.

#44 Randomness

Randomness

My Last Avatar Was Cursed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 12:45

Jamie Carragher is a moaning bastard as well, my dad picked up that twice he went complaining to the ref, and got away with it, Gerrard also escaped despite a massive showing of Dissent.

One rule for Us....

#45 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 13:32

SteeleRed you give me hope that Liverpool fans do know something about football are not all biased. For that post mate I thank you.

#46 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 15:09

This is a brilliant article

http://www.teamtalk....1894606,00.html

#47 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 15:45

was a good artical that mark, nice one

#48 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 17:58

How elegant? Did it take you long to translate it from Norwegian?

#49 gary

gary

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:00

How elegant? Did it take you long to translate it from Norwegian?

wirral actually

#50 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,437 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:04

That's good that...hand it into Miss tomorrow and you may get a gold star (unless you're older than eight in which case it's shite).

#51 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:44

wirral actually

Is Wirral still a spoken language?

#52 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:47

all the small clubs come to anfield for a draw
they put 10 playes behind the ball its such a bore
watford ,charlton and the blue shite too,
defend in numbers thats what they do
one up front home or away
thats why they pissed of rafa today
they should play like men not boys
but what do you expect when your manager is moyes

haha and we'll do it agian if we need to ya redscum, we've got a few reds on here who say well done everton then we have pricks like you who have the cheek to call us bitter haha wanker :rolleyes:

#53 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:50

This is a brilliant article
http://www.teamtalk....1894606,00.html

Another good article by Paul MacCarthy of the People. I think he's an RS too.

http://www.people.co...-name_page.html

#54 Jackelz

Jackelz

Jake da Snake

• Members
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:52

all the small clubs come to anfield for a draw
they put 10 playes behind the ball its such a bore
watford ,charlton and the blue shite too,
defend in numbers thats what they do
one up front home or away
thats why they pissed of rafa today
they should play like men not boys
but what do you expect when your manager is moyes

ow my god what was that mate. just think how long that took you and how shite it is. you must be a slight excuse of a human being to spend your time coming up with that. you say we should play like men not boys. you need to take the fact you cant score aginst us and take it like men and stop acting like little boys

#55 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:53

good article sheedy mate

#56 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:56

gary i will be the first to give you this

Attached Files

#57 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 18:58

Another good article by Paul MacCarthy of the People. I think he's an RS too.

http://www.people.co...-name_page.html

Cheers for that mate, it's a good read. I wonder if Benitez is feeling a little foolish now that the press are ridiculing him for his 'small-minded' comments.

#58 Jackelz

Jackelz

Jake da Snake

• Members
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 19:01

gary i will be the first to give you this

genius! :lol:

#59 L_Blue

L_Blue

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 19:11

Suprised this topic is still going Benitez is a c*nt end of, let's all get over it now.

Edited by L_Blue, 04 Feb 2007 - 19:12.

#60 Mac

Mac

Hang the Kopites one by one on the banks of the royal blue Mers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 19:27

As a staunch Evertonian, I would like to offer the following as an apology to R. Benitez - "the special needs one".

I am so sorry a "smaller" team came to your hallowed halls and failed to fall into line with your plan to exact revenge for the buttf*cking you recieved earlier in the season.

I understand you plan was to put three forwards on the pitch and destroy us with your goalscoring prowess and yet we failed to allow that to happen, we had the temerity to defend and play for a result which would ultimately benefit us and not you.

Finally, I would like to offer an apology for D. Moyes, who decided to play in a manner that didn't fall into line with your tactics, that was thoughtless of him and showed you little respect, which you obviously feel is due to you.

Now if you would be so kind as to take a long run up and go f*ck yourself.

ATB

Mac

#61 Simon

Simon

I Am The Most Swashbuckling Swashbuckler, imo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 19:43

You tell him Mac :lol: :lol: :lol:

#62 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 21:07

Nice to see these managers show some humility - David Moyes.

#63 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 21:15

http://www.kopblog.com/blog/?p=42

Wankers

#64 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 21:18

I got 2 pages into this and got bored, big club, small club how is that defined??

Are we using club history to define the size of a club? I fear we are and I fear more for the gobshites over the park living in the past if we are.

I had the history argument in the pub last night and just to prove a point bearing in mind I'm 25 and everyone younger than me in the pub was an Evertonian I asked this question.

5 times, name the years you won the 5 times?

Not one of them from old to young could tell me and these were the people arguning. The only response was more living in the past with the magic 18 mentioned quite alot. I'm hitting below the belt with this but I'm saying it all the same if any gobshite wants to play the numbers game with me in earshot then along with 5 & 18 you also need to include 39 & 96.

Now live in the past if you want but remember you can not wipe out chunks of history you dont like and place the best bits up high for the world to see!

Rafa is just a fat spanish waiter and he was told repeatedly at anfield yesterday!

#65 Dunny the Blue

Dunny the Blue

Ian "Dunny" Dunstan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 21:22

Egotistical mother fuker, sorry for swearing but thats bull shit,

KOPITES = HUGE FUKIN GOBSHITES

#66 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 22:24

Wankers

Got as far as the Johnson diving comment which is so ridiculous considering the antics of Crouch and the ugly dutch fella that it makes the rest of the article totally unworthy of my time.

Can't wait for them to get stuffed by Barca now (another small team) and for the cries of Rafa out to begin the hypocritical twats!

#67 GMC

GMC

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 23:55

:lol: Benitez is a bitter, and arrogant cock. Nothing more, nothing less.

Such a "small team" that his shite can't even score against, let alone win against. Absolute muppet.

#68 Guest_LFC #_*

Guest_LFC #_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 04:42

Firstly it gives me no great pleasure at all to say that your team earned their point against us, well done. We should have broken you down, by playing football. But instead we played straight into your hands with the long balls. Ah well !

It seems most are in uproar about Rafa's comments the "smaller club". But what about Moyes' comments when he first took over stating everton are the peoples club. I mean he, Gollum sorry Moyes put his foot in it their so ........

#69 Guest_LFC #_*

Guest_LFC #_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 04:59

I'm hitting below the belt with this but I'm saying it all the same if any gobshite wants to play the numbers game with me in earshot then along with 5 & 18 you also need to include 39 & 96

Very tastless indeed, infact thats pretty sick to bring the death of many Liverpudlians into it. It just goes to show how your lot have become more and more bitter over the years :(

Edited by LFC #, 05 Feb 2007 - 08:08.

#70 Pat

Pat

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:02

I agree with you mostly.

But then you rose to the bait & let yourself down as well.

Pity.

#71 Guest_LFC #_*

Guest_LFC #_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:10

Okay Pat, I've edited my post as I did "take the bait" as you rightly pointed out.

But bringing death into the game of football to spite the opposition is moronic IMHO.

Edited by LFC #, 05 Feb 2007 - 08:11.

#72 Pat

Pat

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:22

Yeh I agree.

Though in the ashes of a derby on a Blues message board, there is always going to be a minority of posts in reagrd to those sort of comments. Especially in light of the Benitez comments post match it's easy to refer to in a defense mechanism type after the usual banter & harmless name calling subsides

Not condoning - & I personally Cringe @ such, but tis life isnt it - It got what it was meant to do - A reaction.

People here no my Hillsborough stance & that I wont have a bad word said.

But I am not everybody & each 2 his own.

P.s after all subisdes whatever anyone says, the Derby is still MASSIVE for both the divide's & I dont care what anyone says.

It may be a bigger game wise these days to many of us -> But the simple fact it riles you lot & you tell us how small we are & that your big games are against the top 4 sides only goes to prove that it really does still Desperatly MATTER & Long may it live.

:)

LATE EDIT: Thats 3-0 on aggregrate & how it reads sweet. ;)

#73 Guest_LFC #_*

Guest_LFC #_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:47

LATE EDIT: Thats 3-0 on aggregrate & how it reads sweet

Even sweeter the fact we're still above you in the league.

#74 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:52

I'm hitting below the belt with this but I'm saying it all the same if any gobshite wants to play the numbers game with me in earshot then along with 5 & 18 you also need to include 39 & 96

Very tastless indeed, infact thats pretty sick to bring the death of many Liverpudlians into it. It just goes to show how your lot have become more and more bitter over the years :(

I'm not bringing death into anything mearly making the point that if you (all liverpool fans) choose to reflect on the past so often you need to realise there is more history at Liverpool football club than success and it is a desgrace to the families of those involved in Italy that you forget so easily but still look to place blame elsewhere regarding that afternoon in Sheffield.

Live in the past then accept it all or shut your fuckin mouths and live in the now!

#75 Guest_LFC #_*

Guest_LFC #_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:56

We're talking about football or the history of it on the pitch. We can live in the past if we want and we can gloat as much as we want. To bring those trauma's into it proves your bitterness and how you infact live in our shadow.

Edited by StevO, 05 Feb 2007 - 11:28.

#76 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:57

Wankers

hahaha anyone see this comment -

"Itís amazing how sad you redshite cunts are. A shit second division team who bored their way to countles championships in the 1970ís by playing the most negative keep ball football England had ever seen. Your amazing fan base comes from Scandinavia, the Home Counties and the far east but never from Liverpool. Youíre about to sell your sorry arses to a multiple bankrupt, sub-Glazer and you spend millions each year in search of a premier League you will never win simply because you are a shite club. The best bit of all, is that you get so wound up by such a small club as Everton. Our cup final? Itís your sad little obsession. And you canít fuckin beat us. 3-0 to the Peopleís Club. Youíll never find a Liverpool fan on Merseyside. You thick Scandinavian banjo playing inbreds."

:lol: :lol:

#77 Guest_LFC #_*

Guest_LFC #_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 08:58

Nevermind

#78 TrueBlue

TrueBlue

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 10:03

Why oh why do people argue with these people?

Its obvious to us all that they're so pissed off and bitter that they didn't win that they come on an opposition forum and instead of having a little banter, like you won't be so lucky next time they try and make a childish argument.

I also recall that Liverpool fans, as well as Everton fans sing, who's that dying in the runway. So calling us bitter, trying to shame us in singing about Stevie G's baby. Also about the defensive thing, do you recall watchin numerous of games where Liverpool played a similiar formation but sometimes a 10-0-0 formation, CL final anyone?

Now this isn't a argument, what I'm saying is fact so don't bother and its pretty much likely I won't reply again at your woeful attempts to bring us down to your level.

All the best :huh:
Matt

#79 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 11:43

just posted this but it got deleted, don't know why.

the argument is just benitez blowing smoke. the whole thing is a little silly and just shows he does'nt know too much about the "size" of certain clubs. we shouldn't be called a small club, if we are then surely teasm such as spurs (living in shadow of chelski/ arsenal) should be called small teams.

the premiership is not made up of 4 big teams and 16 small ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users