53 replies to this topic

#41 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,239 posts

Posted 17 Jul 2007 - 18:28

Anyone seen the free video by Wyness on the official site? Watch that and you'll realise we're deffo going to Kirkby.

#42 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 17 Jul 2007 - 20:57

I did. I watched it earlier.. the guy who asks the questions does it on evertontv aswelll and he annoys me because he always asks leading questions - some even end in "wasn't it" or "isn't it". Obviously he's not going to ask a difficult question because it's for the official site but a straight question wouldn't go a miss now and again.

It's a shame that Goodison Park will be sold on to make financial ends meet. I would be absolutely devastated if we go and it becomes a car park for you know who.

In my fantasy world we would move to Kirkby Stadium for 5-10years (especially as the stadium will cost £10million) meanwhile Goodison Park is being redeveloped into a world class standard (similar to Croke Park) but it's not going to happen because the club have to sell GP to be able to afford the Kirkby Stadium.

#43 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 18 Jul 2007 - 14:34

Hmmmmmmm, I maybe starting to question Wyness particulary in his latest comments:

“This summer, we are spending £500,000 – which would normally have gone into players – just to keep steelwork up to the required standard."

Yet in a previous release he said:

“The money to build the stadium is completely different to the money that goes on the team. This is bricks and mortar."

Now to me that is a contradiction.....

#44 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,500 posts

Posted 18 Jul 2007 - 16:27

Now to me that is a contradiction.....

Don't think so.The money for a new stadium would be ring-fenced but money needed to maintain Goodison comes out of day to day running costs. Don't see a contradiction there.

#45 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 06:01

To go or not to go???
Redeveloping Goodison is what most of us would prefer or perhaps in an ideal world a new stadium in EVERTON!!
But thats not going to happen.
My mind changes week to week regarding the move, as with most arguments there are pros and cons.

The only thing that has me siding towards Kirkby is that I fear if we dont go for the Kirkby option we will one day end up moving to somewhere like Speke. With most of our support north of the City, Speke would be disastrous.

I suppose I'd like us to stay but if the vote is for a move to Kirkby then I'll support the move.

#46 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 08:50

Don't think so.The money for a new stadium would be ring-fenced but money needed to maintain Goodison comes out of day to day running costs. Don't see a contradiction there.

So when we have a new stadium we will have zero maintenance costs...I don't think so.
He is saying we have a ground now and money normally for players is being used on the stadium. I bet the situation will be the same in the "new" stadium but he is trying to sway fans to the move with the illusion that the maintenance costs and transfer money will be separate in the "new" staidum.

So in one breath "money for staidum is using transfer money" then "money for stadium is spearate from transfer money"...so yes it is a contradiction.

#47 RuffRob

RuffRob

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 10:19

Goodison is a money pit - throwing good money after bad at it now. So dead money.

A new Stadium with have the capacity to generate vastly increased and valuable revenue.

Yes, there on going running and maintenance cost of all buildings/Stadiums even a brand new one. But at Goodison its more than just keeping it fresh and tidy.

Money spend on a new stadium is a means to generate more revenue, where as money spent on Goodison is ongoing dead money - so Wyness's comment make perfect sence and are in know means a contradiction.

#48 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 10:54

Just to help some of you out...
http://www.google.co...q...ction&meta=

#49 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,500 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 12:57

Just to help some of you out...
http://www.google.co...q...ction&meta=

Don't be a prick. You have your opinion, others have theirs.

#50 Jackelz

Jackelz

Jake da Snake

• Members
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 14:38

Anyone seen the free video by Wyness on the official site? Watch that and you'll realise we're deffo going to Kirkby.

yer i thought that was good

made things much clearer and swayed me towards a kirkby move tbh

#51 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 16:05

A new Stadium with have the capacity to generate vastly increased and valuable revenue.

Not sure I can really see where a new ground can create "vastly"increased revenue!

Can someone outline how this will be done!......I wont get a vote,so I haven't read
everything about the move,so I could have missed the official view on this matter.

What can they do at a new stadium,that they couldn't do at Goodison?

#52 RuffRob

RuffRob

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 16:24

Increased capacity for a start.

Then you will have the vastly improved corpporate hospitality revenue on match day. At the minute we are probabley bottom of the pile with regard to this at such a 'famous' club- OK they are the 'prawn sandwich' brigade, but they do come to spend more money. so a few hundrad are more than welcome in my opinion.

Then you have the none match day corrparate events and use of the functions. I know in the new Stadum in Swansea - this is vastly popular and generates a fair bit of revenue.

You will have a reduced general running cost and general maintanence cost that comes with a brand new state of the art stadium.

Provides a potential revenue for none football event - (potential I said)

There are probabley a few more revenue streams I haven't thought of.

You add them all up, and there is probably a fair revenue over a 12 month period.

#53 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2007 - 19:30

OK!...Thanks for that RuffRob!Can see you point on a couple of those issues!

Yes a 50/55,000 seat stadium would generate extra income IF the stadium was
filled to the 40,000+mark every week.If we get a poor start,then the "I didn't
want to leave Goodison Park"people will express their dissappointment with maybe
a no show........the same could happen to luckypool if they get a bad start!Their
glory hunting fans aren't made of what Evertonians are made of!so it could be
even worse for them!

You will have a reduced general running cost and general maintanence cost that comes with a brand new state of the art stadium

Well that will save us some money.....Have they ever made public what it costs to
maintain Goodison each year?

I thought Goodison had function rooms and restaurants and the like!Don't Evertonians
use these?.....would they really rather use ones up the road?maybe!

I wonder where the players would prefer....large open stadium,or ones like Goodison
with it's atmosphere and enclosed structure.

surely teams who play 90% of their games in the big new type stadiums,would find
closed in type arenas like Goodison a hard place to come to!!...Personaly I'd like that!

#54 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 22 Jul 2007 - 18:08

I really havent made my mind up on all this, the kirby option is too good to turn down

But, leaving the citt on its own could turn out to be disasterous

Its a hard one

P.S. Its not a contradiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users