IGNORED

Open Letter To All Toffeetalkers

Zed

Going back on all these arguments for and against, it seems that the longer the debate has gone on a lot of the Figures have changed somewhat.

The original claim made by the board and in particular Kieth Wyness was that we would only need to invest £10 million, for furniture and fittings, for installing all the seats, it was basicly a free stadium.

As time has gone by the stadium that was then quoted as costing £100 million has increased with each letter that comes from the Club so it now Stands at 150 MILLION, by the time the vote is counted it will probably be up to 200 million.

A decent stadium will cost us the same to build in Kirkby as it will in the City, but we will get more money investment, and naming rights by being in the City, than we would being on a landfill site out on an industrial estate in Kirkby.

For gods sake how can true Evertonians even think of voting yes, you should all hang your heads in shame if this happens.

Exactly, every option will have a commercial partner interested once it gets past concept stage.

Tesco arnt doing this for the good of their health, whoever we end up partnered with stands to make alot of money from the deal so there will be company's falling over eachother to work with us. Don't unersell our global brand, we are a massive business!!

i would imagine the price of the land would be very different.

and i think tesco were going to be accountable for half of it 75 millions worth but with their construction discount thing would only cost 50 million. sothat would leave us with 75 to find, Goodison naming rights and whatever else, wouldn't be so bad.

Going back on all these arguments for and against, it seems that the longer the debate has gone on a lot of the Figures have changed somewhat.

The original claim made by the board and in particular Kieth Wyness was that we would only need to invest £10 million, for furniture and fittings, for installing all the seats, it was basicly a free stadium.

As time has gone by the stadium that was then quoted as costing £100 million has increased with each letter that comes from the Club so it now Stands at 150 MILLION, by the time the vote is counted it will probably be up to 200 million.

A decent stadium will cost us the same to build in Kirkby as it will in the City, but we will get more money investment, and naming rights by being in the City, than we would being on a landfill site out on an industrial estate in Kirkby.

For gods sake how can true Evertonians even think of voting yes, you should all hang your heads in shame if this happens.

Sick of hearing the same old same old, fact is Everton need this move like it or not you can big up the Loop site all you want but is is not big enough for what we need and the fact is we need a commercial partner to be able to build in the first place and compete with other premiership teams financially. Moving to an industrial estate? don't know waht you reading mate but its gonna be in the centre of kirby in the borough of knowsley, plus did you know that for every £1 Liverpool FC city council are bringing in Knowsley council is bringing in £5 moving in the right direction I think. Plus in a few years Knowlsey will be under Liverpool City council anyway, no arguments.

I take it Licker that you reside in Walton?

I must be honest I was most annoyed by this letter e-mail to be honest :angry::angry: - In fact it stinks!!!

The Toffeetalk forum is a place for debat whatever your view isn't it - So to this end shouldn't 'Toffeetalk' forum as an entity should be unbais -

Let the views of the individual each be heard equally on the forum - that's what the forums for isn't it.

No matter what the thoughts or views of the individuals behind the scense of the forum are, I don't think you should be sending out e-mails to forum members under the 'toffeetalk' banner asking them to vote one way or another.

If you want to e-mail individual members with your own views then fair enough, you should sign the e-mail it as an individual and not as the 'Toffeetalk'. But then isn't the forum for airing views and debating thinks

I am a very very disapointed forum member - This to me is abuse of position, and the forum has lost some of it's appeal to me with this stunt!!!

I must be honest I was most annoyed by this letter e-mail to be honest :angry::angry: - In fact it stinks!!!

The Toffeetalk forum is a place for debat whatever your view isn't it - So to this end shouldn't 'Toffeetalk' forum as an entity should be unbais -

Let the views of the individual each be heard equally on the forum - that's what the forums for isn't it.

No matter what the thoughts or views of the individuals behind the scense of the forum are, I don't think you should be sending out e-mails to forum members under the 'toffeetalk' banner asking them to vote one way or another.

If you want to e-mail individual members with your own views then fair enough, you should sign the e-mail it as an individual and not as the 'Toffeetalk'. But then isn't the forum for airing views and debating thinks

I am a very very disapointed forum member - This to me is abuse of position, and the forum has lost some of it's appeal to me with this stunt!!!

The letter wasnt written by a ToffeeTalk member you know Rob!

I don't care who it was wrote by to be honest, thats not the point.

I am just pissed that an e-mail was sent direct to me by 'toffetalk' (a forum for unbais debate) asking me to vote a certain way.

Somebody sent that letter under the 'toffeetalk' banner trying to influence votes, which to me is wrong and out of order.

I don't mind my e-mail being used to be sent vital infomation about the forum (change of address or something) - But it pisses me off to be e-mail direct one side of an argument.

If we all had access to each others e-mails and send each other our own views all the time we would all be up in arms. The forum itself is for putting views and arguments across.

I would like to know why this one sided open letter was e-mailed direct to me (and other forum members I assume) and not just posted on the forum like all other views?

If this is not abuse of position, I don't know what is.

Its six of one and half a dozen of the others, Leahy's open letter has been posted on here as well as Wyness's plus his question and answers Video, are they not biased in favour of the yes voters, i think we should take pride in the fact that we show both sides of the Coin, trying to give both sides an equal shout, unlike the Club who are tossing with a two headed Coin.

Its six of one and half a dozen of the others, Leahy's open letter has been posted on here as well as Wyness's plus his question and answers Video, are they not biased in favour of the yes voters, i think we should take pride in the fact that we show both sides of the Coin, trying to give both sides an equal shout, unlike the Club who are tossing with a two headed Coin.

Licker - you have missed what I am talking about compleately - I am pissed that I was e-mailed directly by 'Toffetalk' asking me to vote a certain way.

(PLEASE NOTE - I HAVE GONE OUT OF MY WHY NOT TO MENTION EITHER YES OR NO VOTE - THE GRIPE I HAVE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH VOTING YES OR NO, CHECK MY POSTS)

I have no problem with both sides of the coin, in fact that is what I am jumping up and down about.

I have been E-MAIL DIRECT by 'Toffeetalk' asking me to vote a certain way - and that is what has pissed me off.

What I am saying is basicaly whoever sent me that e-mail has got the loudest voice on 'Toffeetalk' and that is wrong. Forget the yes - no debate. It about being e-mailed direct a certain point of view.

For the third time - its an abuse of position.

You call them a 'poster' - Is the person who sent the e-mail one of the site administrators? Or can anybody e-mail me their views?

Do you know who it was? so they can be asked not to do it again. (I don't care or want to know who it was or anything like that). All I would like to know is that it won't be happening again.

Your in danger of getting light headed up on that high horse Rob, it's a forum and if anybody using it decides to use it as a vehicle to portray something they believe in that is up to them. If you dont like that you didnt have to read the email or take any notice of it. You also don't have to use the forum if you feel it's integrity has been damaged by the email.

Your in danger of getting light headed up on that high horse Rob, it's a forum and if anybody using it decides to use it as a vehicle to portray something they believe in that is up to them. If you dont like that you didnt have to read the email or take any notice of it. You also don't have to use the forum if you feel it's integrity has been damaged by the email.

Members don't have the facility to circulate mass emails to express their feelings though do they Liam....they simply post them.

No need to get arsey!

So I take it you think sending out e-mails rather than just posting a topic on the forum if fine then?

Can see that it didnt look right to you Rob sent as a personal e'mail, but being a member of the official site i got an email and a copy of the nice glossy brochure sent to me stating the opposite, as i'm sure a lot of other peeps did, but i'm not complaining, i just binned it because it has been splattererd over every issue of the local papers, and in every bit of correspondense sent to me from the site, that was also pressure sales tactics and if you like ...... Spamming.

No need to get arsey!

So I take it you think sending out e-mails rather than just posting a topic on the forum if fine then?

I believe I offered an opinion.

Maybe the email should have been signed with a name and perhaps someone expressing a personal view would be more acceptable as bill said just like the club are doing by every media outlet available to them.

Whilst not a fan of the move, I also felt the email Crossed the line of impartiality.

If anything it should have been presented both ways if presented @ all, I was disapointed when received 2 be honest (Not the content) the principal.

Thinkingman's Evertonian's or Impartial Hysteria Pusher's ?

The Forum's are full of opinion's & information regarding just such, as they should be.

Dont we owe it to our moniker, ( regardless of thought or emotion) to @ least attempt to honour that much ?

Just a humble opinion & had 2 throw me threpence worth in as it did bother.

As I wrote in the Original post " A thought provoking email" and thats what it certainly was. Whether you for or against YES or NO, this is your forum to give your opinion.

The email was intended to provoke thought, which it obviously has.

Im suprised at people getting annoyed at the receipt of an email from a privately owned forum! At the end of the day its not a democracy, or am I wrong?

I really enjoy toffeetalk - for thinking Evertonian's, and very much appriciate all the work that must go on behind the scenes.

I wasn't going to start a topic dedicated to "my disapointment of having recived a bias e-mail". However, as a topic on it was open, I felt I had to raise the point.

I do feel the integrty of the site has been slightly damaged by the e-mail (and reading other replies, I would say a fair few others also felt a little let down by it).

Also a bit disapoainted to be told "You also don't have to use the forum if you feel it's integrity has been damaged by the e-mail" That's not an opinion - that's basically telling me to like it or lump it.

If I don't voice my opinion, then how would you know that I wasn't happy at getting sent opinions to my personnal e-mail rather than just reading them on the forum as per the norm.

this is your forum to give your opinion.

I believe this to be true, although some dont like other peoples opinions and cant accept them

I think your comments will be noted and I understand (in hindsight) the bias of it was not right.

However, I think that the powerful and ongoing propaganda protruding from Everton needed some balance and the owner of the sight used his power to send an opposing view, rightly or wrongly thats what happened

Im sure any future emails will be of an informative and advertorial nature rather than a direct opinion