IGNORED

Buying British

Is moyes hinting about his summer targets?... ledley?, adam johnson?, bentley?, barnes? - we'd be alright for a british winger - not so sure about that box to box all round action-man midfielder we so desperately need... man need to go abroad for that one... fellani, kallstrom, etc...

Edited by c1982

Is moyes hinting about his summer targets?... ledley?, adam johnson?, bentley?, barnes? - we'd be alright for a british winger - not so sure about that box to box all round action-man midfielder we so desperately need... man need to go abroad for that one... fellani, kallstrom, etc...

Not bien funny mate but have you seen him play? i know sky sports r making him out to be a good player but they do that with every1. we need a defensive midfielder before anything, Ive gotta feelin Mannys price tag could be alot lower than we think, id sign him an Pienaar for definate.

Not bien funny mate but have you seen him play? i know sky sports r making him out to be a good player but they do that with every1. we need a defensive midfielder before anything, Ive gotta feelin Mannys price tag could be alot lower than we think, id sign him an Pienaar for definate.

Mate I'm not saying I want him in a blue shirt, I'm just going off what the rumours have been - it doesn't seem that moyes will find this type of player in britain - whereas he may quite easily snap up a british winger.

Kallstrom however is player I've seen a few times and I have heard good stuff too - I've been impressed.

I think manny will be a lot cheaper than we think - he looks like he's playing for a move anyway (shit - so he's in our price bracket!!!) - I won't forget how good he can be though!!!

Mate I'm not saying I want him in a blue shirt, I'm just going off what the rumours have been - it doesn't seem that moyes will find this type of player in britain - whereas he may quite easily snap up a british winger.

Kallstrom however is player I've seen a few times and I have heard good stuff too - I've been impressed.

I think manny will be a lot cheaper than we think - he looks like he's playing for a move anyway (shit - so he's in our price bracket!!!) - I won't forget how good he can be though!!!

The last bit!....the "I wont forget how good he can be"!......Very true.He's had a very strange season, hardly surprising that he's struggling a bit for form.He will be a great signing.

we need a good right back. moyes wants to buy british. answer. glen johnson. ive seen him play a few times this season (since i got sky) and johnson has certainly impressed me. hes a competent defender and he makes good runs and crosses into the box. kinda reminds me of baines. you may not rate him that highly but if we need a realistic target who is a vast improvement on neville and hibbert id go for johnson

Guest Reg Reagan

We have 20 british players in our squad for both first team and reserves and there are a few players out on loan.

and i think the more british players we have the better

We have 20 british players in our squad for both first team and reserves and there are a few players out on loan.

and i think the more british players we have the better

And yet the majority of our best players are foreign (Lescott aside)...

Yak, Peanuts, OurTeta, Yobo...

we need a good right back. moyes wants to buy british. answer. glen johnson. ive seen him play a few times this season (since i got sky) and johnson has certainly impressed me. hes a competent defender and he makes good runs and crosses into the box. kinda reminds me of baines. you may not rate him that highly but if we need a realistic target who is a vast improvement on neville and hibbert id go for johnson

Johnson would be fantastic but he won't leave pompy nor will they let him go as I'd expect them to win FA cup and be playing euro footie next season. We need a right-back - but if moyes see's nev as our captain next season then I'd settle with him there rather than in mid - hopefully we'll have a couple of new centre mids and depth on wings by then!

Edited by c1982

Good players but our BEST players are foreign.

Our current MOTM standings don't really back that up. Top two are English, then two foreign, two English, foreign, English, foreign, Irish (not very foreign), foreign. Looks pretty well balanced to me.

.......... 27 - Joleon Lescott

...........26 - Phil Jagielka

.......... 22 - Steven Pienaar

.......... 16 - Mikel Arteta

...........17 - Andy Johnson

.......... 17 - Leon Osman

...........15 - Aiyegbeni Yakubu

.......... 13 - Leighton Baines

...........12 - Tim Cahill

...........11 - Lee Carsley

...........11 - Tim Howard

Edited by MikeO

british players who spring to mind who moyes might be intrested in -

Joe cole (highly doubtful due to wages)

SWP (london boy)

Scott Brown (decent player for celtic, utd supposed to be intrested)

Aaron (love that name ;) ) Lennon (could be sold by ramos)

Dawson (not a bad defender when on form, but who would you replace for him at centre?)

Mcgeady (again another decent player for celtic)

Bently (highly doubtful as he wants to go to london, plus better money else where for blackburn if they sell)

Downing (no thanks)

Adam Johnson (was impressive when i saw him for u21, maybe for me)

Paul Robinson (HELL NO, but yano what moyes is like for keepers)