IGNORED

Yobo

Wall Writer

I seem to be picking up some anti-Yobo vibes here and there. I was wondering what people think about him now. He's been out for months, and is only just getting back into the side. He probably hasn't played at his best recently, and I think we (fans) have gotten used to the rock steady partnership of Jags and Lescott in recent weeks.

If I remember correctly it wasn't too long ago when he played every minute of every match for the whole season, and people were saying that he was the first name on the team sheet every week. (I'm sure someone will promptly correctly if I'm wrong here).

I personally think he's probably just a bit of the pace from being out for so long, and am willing to see how he gets on over the coming weeks.

I agree with most of what you say WW but you must admit that the back line plays better without him in it. Joey has fallen foul of the old miss a game and lose your place. Given that the entire team was fit our back four would be Hibbert, Jags, Lescott and Baines. Leighton had to wait nearly two seasons to grab his place so may be Joey might struggle for sometime to regain his, I think he has a lot of bench warming to do unless even more injuries come up God forbid

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest efctaxi

When you have a long absence , the team has to adapt and find a formula that works .

Often a man gets injured / suspended etc , and after your absence , you have to try and address a formula that was totally different to that when you last played .

Yobo was playing ok before injury , and the team adapted well , so now he has to get match fit , and stamp his mark all over again .

Gonna take time , especially as the position is now highly contested .

Yobo is a very good player but he's going to find it hard getting back into the team after the performances that we have done without him. He's been a rock in defence in previous years, but without him we were just as good. Lescott & Jagielka seem to be working so well together and it would be suicide to start messing with that setup. Baines and Hibbert work well on the wing-back positions and I would be annoyed if Baines got dropped to move Lescott out onto the left and bring in Joey.

I woulden't say that I was anti-Yobo because a few seasons back I thought he was the best player in the team. I just feel that the team played just as good (if not better) without him. He's not in the same league as Jagielka and Joleon.

I really hope Leighton dosen't get dropped because of Yobo's return.

He makes me panic tbh, and that's because he panics and I don't think it's a coincidence that the defence has looked below par since he came in. You only have to look at yesterday to see him not play particularly well. Fine when the ball was in the air but when they were running at us he backed off (he wasn't the only one though) and put us under pressure. Maybe the situation would improve if he played more games alongside Jags or Joleon again but personally I'd prefer him to take his place back on the bench. I'm not saying he's a shit defender or anything, he's just a bit too erratic to warrant being ahead of Jags or Joleon.

yobo's great at the back because of his pace and i think hes better in the air than any of the others especially from a standing point cos hes got such a great leap. hes gonna be off the pace not played for a while i mean he lost his place to weir and stubbsy couple years back and came back stronger. we need a class centre back to come in anyways if something does happen to jags or lescott. always been one of my favourites and still is i don't agree that he panics personally i wish he did a bit more often and put his foot through it like jags does cos he looks too calm at times i feel. and he does back off a bit but hes been awesome over the last few years so we cant get at his style of play now can we really?

i think yobo is a very very good centre half. i dont worry about him really, he will never get done for pace, hes solid in the air and his timing is pretty spot on. hes unlucky to be out of the team, but competition is good for the team. we have three very good centre halfs, im happy to see any two play.

i think yobo is a very very good centre half. i dont worry about him really, he will never get done for pace, hes solid in the air and his timing is pretty spot on. hes unlucky to be out of the team, but competition is good for the team. we have three very good centre halfs, im happy to see any two play.

I agree, earlier in the season no one was playing well and Yobo was carrying an injury. Last season he and Jagielka looked a formidable partnership and now Lescott and Jags look a formidable partnership, the only partnership that looked dodgy was Yobo and Lescott. All 3 CB's are amongst the best in the Premier League as far as I'm concerned and Yobo is about the quickest in the league and one of the best in the air, once he finds his form he's awesome.

yobo's great at the back because of his pace and i think hes better in the air than any of the others especially from a standing point cos hes got such a great leap. hes gonna be off the pace not played for a while i mean he lost his place to weir and stubbsy couple years back and came back stronger. we need a class centre back to come in anyways if something does happen to jags or lescott. always been one of my favourites and still is i don't agree that he panics personally i wish he did a bit more often and put his foot through it like jags does cos he looks too calm at times i feel. and he does back off a bit but hes been awesome over the last few years so we cant get at his style of play now can we really?

Your right there mate, good post. I think what we should think about Yobo is that he is still a really good defender, it's the high standard that Jagielka and Lescott are setting that makes him look worse than he is. He's a fantastic replacement to have, if someone is out stick Yobo in and live with the security. Would rather have him than not. :)

Good idea that mike i think i'll change it, the comedy Duo. biggrin.gif

Good one :lol: Nice avatar, I actually like Laurel & Hardy too..I mean Rafa & Sammy ;)