IGNORED

£80m For Ronaldo

yeah he is an idiot at times, but ill miss him for what he brings tot he prem to be honest, a little bit like when beckham moved to real, but utd must be over the moon, i know they won't be overly happy at getting rid of ronaldo, but 80 mil, thats some money in ya bank that! Specially when newcastle whole club is up for sale for 100 mil haha

yeah he is an idiot at times, but ill miss him for what he brings tot he prem to be honest, a little bit like when beckham moved to real, but utd must be over the moon, i know they won't be overly happy at getting rid of ronaldo, but 80 mil, thats some money in ya bank that! Specially when newcastle whole club is up for sale for 100 mil haha

That just goes to show how disproportionate the whole thing is. :rolleyes:

Edited by wallwriter

I'd know buy Ribery and Ronaldinho to replace him, Ribery for starting and if the game needs changing then bucktooth can do that.

I dont think its that easy..... Look at Deco Ballack & Schevshenko for Chelsea... Veron for United a few years ago...... all big names that havent performed

United can not be better for getting rid of him.....Hes a midfielder that scores 30 goals a season..... thats why hes gone for 80m

who is going to come in and replicate that.....

Lets hope United havent just thrown the title away..... paving the way for you know who......

I thought they had serious debts? i hope they don't ruin themselfs.

As for manchester united, Add the 80 million to all the price money from this year, They have enoguh money for the transfers in the next 5 years!

Any time Real get in some kind of money problems, either the city of Madrid, the country or the King take on the debt ... It's how the Royal club works :).

Ronaldo come out and said that the Real dream was over. I thought that he would actually stay at Manchester United for a good couple of years but he's gone and made the move to Madrid. It's inevitable that he will do well there, having a midfield of Kaka' and Ronaldo is going to be really good.

I'm not his biggest fan but its sad to see him go. He always entertained the neutrals and some of his goals were brilliant. I remember watching his free kick against Blackburn Rovers with my mouth wide open, he's the greatest player in the world at the moment and with the £80,000,000 that United have they will not get anything like Cristiano. Best Wishes to him, he's going to set La Liga alight.

Think that Ribery will be coming to Old Trafford now.

It's a very large amount of money for any player, even if that player is Cristiano Ronaldo. However, if Real are offering it I'd think that United would take it. Considering they payed 12.24 mil for him, they could now go out and buy 5 players who potentially could be the world's best one day. It's all now up to SAF to find these players.

who are madrid going to play in midfeild? They already have a decent midfeild without kaka and ronaldo which includes robben, van der varrt, Wesley Sneijder, Diarra, guti etc. All madrid need now is a world class striker and they have the perfect team

I dont think its that easy..... Look at Deco Ballack & Schevshenko for Chelsea... Veron for United a few years ago...... all big names that havent performed

United can not be better for getting rid of him.....Hes a midfielder that scores 30 goals a season..... thats why hes gone for 80m

who is going to come in and replicate that.....

Lets hope United havent just thrown the title away..... paving the way for you know who......

the guy gets pissy all the time and if he didnt get his wish two seasons in a row then imagine what he could do to the dressing room. there are plenty of quality players out there maybe some not as good as him but get 2 or 3 for much less than 80m to replace some of the older players like scholes and giggs too

Ronaldo is one of the best players but 93 million is a little bit absurd.

anyway, Ruud van Nistelrooij can leave for about 1.5 million. If Everton has the chance I would definitly buy him. One of the best strikers in the world.

Edited by UTCA

i reckon it means tevez will stay too

That what I think as well, even if its just to appease the fans slightly. Personally I think Tevez is a waste of money for the figures being touted. I don't think he's all that tbh. He's like a South American Andy Johnson. Great little engine on him, works his socks off, endears himself to fans, but has very little end product when you think about it.

If I was Fergie then i'd get Benzema from Lyon, Luis Suarez from Ajax and Valenica from Wigan. You would still have change left over as well.

That what I think as well, even if its just to appease the fans slightly. Personally I think Tevez is a waste of money for the figures being touted. I don't think he's all that tbh. He's like a South American Andy Johnson. Great little engine on him, works his socks off, endears himself to fans, but has very little end product when you think about it.

If I was Fergie then i'd get Benzema from Lyon, Luis Suarez from Ajax and Valenica from Wigan. You would still have change left over as well.

Suarez is a good player but he's known as schwalbuarez for his fake diving. Always head down, doesn't see any other player only the ball. And he's from ajax. That's reason enough to hate him. ;)

Despite that I don't think he can handle the level of Man Utd. Most foreigners only know the Ajax of '95. That days they were really good. But nowadays the suck. If they played in the Premier League they definitley were relegated this season.

I would get Affelay if I were Ferguson (or everton) great player.

Or maybe Ribery from Bayern Munich

One thing I'll be interested in is which number will Ronaldo take at Real? Assuming because he's opened a chain of CR7 boutique stores I assume he will want the #7 jersey, but considering Raul is somewhat of a God at the club I think there's no chance he'll drop it for Ronaldo, but could Raul be leaving?

Suarez is a good player but he's known as schwalbuarez for his fake diving. Always head down, doesn't see any other player only the ball. And he's from ajax. That's reason enough to hate him. ;)

Despite that I don't think he can handle the level of Man Utd. Most foreigners only know the Ajax of '95. That days they were really good. But nowadays the suck. If they played in the Premier League they definitley were relegated this season.

I would get Affelay if I were Ferguson (or everton) great player.

Or maybe Ribery from Bayern Munich

Well he should be able to replace Ronaldo on that front then!

Also, I watch alot of Eredivise and must say that i am impressed with Suarez, i've fllowed Ajax for quite a few years now. They obviosuly didn't have a great campaign this year but they do have som very talented players in their ranks. Vertonghen, Vermallen, Suarez. All very good players that I think could do good job in the EPL.

Well he should be able to replace Ronaldo on that front then!

Also, I watch alot of Eredivise and must say that i am impressed with Suarez, i've fllowed Ajax for quite a few years now. They obviosuly didn't have a great campaign this year but they do have som very talented players in their ranks. Vertonghen, Vermallen, Suarez. All very good players that I think could do good job in the EPL.

There are certainly players in the Eredivisie that can do a good job in the Premier League but Manchester United is if you are honest one of the best clubs in the world. I don't think he is capable enough for such a club. Can't think of anyone in the dutch Eredvisie who is capable for such a club.

Both Vermaelen and Vertonghen have their good games at Ajax but they're way to precarious (think that's the word) for a topclub. Certainly good players for Ajax or clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, Fulham... But I don't think they can handle the absolute top. (Not yet, maybe over a few years)

Dembele, Schaars, Affelay are players that I would definitely take a look at if I were Moyes. Maybe also Suarez if it's got to be an amsterdammer

Its madness the money involved he is a very good player but £80 mil is good business for a player who cost £12.5 mil regardless of how good he is.

I can understand why he went as he's done alot with United and Madrid is a massive lure for any player but in the long run i think he would have been better off staying with United as i think in two seasons or so he will be another player who's name has faded faster then Tony Blair's hair colour and a new "so called" best player in the world will be crowned.

Good riddance to the diving git.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Good riddance to the diving git.

Don't forget his little kicking habbit that he ALWAYS gets away with.

Be intresting to see if Utd who are 600 odd mil in debt spent that 80 mil on players or use most of it to pay off the debt.

Who ever they buy won't be as good as Ronaldo, an i think utd will suffer next season without him.

Madrid are ment to be after David Villa(not sure how you spell it,the spanish forward) for 40-60 mil

Edited by Adpom

Thing is United couldnt win the champions league with him in the team, by letting him leave it is weakening the team, that is a step backwards imo.

However I will take that back should united sign player/players that will bring united forward, however i dont see this happening, Messi, Gerrard, Inesta and Kaka are the only ones i'd replace Ronaldo with and they aint getting them. Ribery is a possibility but will he cut it? Fuck it give them arteta for £30m + fletcher ;)

Also is this where Nani makes his move as "the next ronaldo" as he was first dubbed when he first signed.

Don't forget his little kicking habbit that he ALWAYS gets away with.

Be intresting to see if Utd who are 600 odd mil in debt spent that 80 mil on players or use most of it to pay off the debt.

Who ever they buy won't be as good as Ronaldo, an i think utd will suffer next season without him.

Madrid are ment to be after David Villa(not sure how you spell it,the spanish forward) for 40-60 mil

this is an interesting point if you look at the figures for the top 4, all of them are well in debt.... ok that debt might be 'manageable' in the main... but still...... it goes to show unless you can spend a good couple of HUNDRED THOU you aint got a chance of getting in that 'league'.

i dont think they spend 80 mil, not at all. i think they'll tie tevez down and we'll see a side built around rooney/ berb/tevez next year...

what i found interesting today was someone saying on the radio that Ronnie, whenever he scored, always seemed to be celebrating for himself and not the team and in retrospect, that is actually a pretty good statement... it makes me feel so good that when i look at our team, the celebrations are always about the team...

I dont think United will be keeping Teves by the sounds of it and many want rid of Berbatov and there is talk of him going aswell.

I dont think Nani will step up but you never know but one thing is for certain there are plenty of unearthed gems out there who will have what it takes to emulate him given time. What i do think this means is that Fergie wont be leaving United untill he has atleast filled the void and has United pushing Barca and co for glory.

Edited by EFC-Paul