Sign in to follow this  
iggy

Lukas Jutkiewicz

Gone to Motherwell on loan, methinks he has little/no future with us, perhaps our friends north of the border may buy him in January?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/lukas-joins-motherwell.html

Beat me to it. This was to be my first post!

I read about this last night and thought exactly the same. I was quite surprised as he was regularly banded around the blueroom as a great prospect and a certainty to make the grade. If that was the case surely he'd have gone to the Championship, or even Hull, since they're completely unable to sign strikers!

Good luck to him. Maybe a loan spell can help him push on. He had a couple of nice tocuhes in his solo performance for us (against 'Boro at home i think). However I just don't ever see him pushing for a first team place, at 20 years old he would be knocking at the door by now if he realy was going to make the grade.

It was Sunderland Jamie :) .

Not neccessarily the end of his Everton career....Ossie was still going out on loan at 22/23 (cue "he should have stayed at Carlisle/Derby" posts :rolleyes: ).

I remember seeing an interview last year were Moyes was talking about our quality Youth set up and that we bring in lots of good players in at a young age to come through there. He then names Jutkiewicz as someone who would never make the grade.

I can't find a source for it now i'm afraid but it was a very strange thing for a manager to say about a current young player he has in his squad!

He will never be first team, so may as well sell him. Not every youth player will make the grade, but at Everton it seems a lot just come and go. I particularly disappointed Lukas hasn't made the grade, along with Scott Spencer as a lot of money were invested in them.