IGNORED

Jose Baxter Arrested

Bill

Bootle Everton FC star Jose Baxter in drug arrest

AN EVERTON squad member has been arrested on drug possession and counterfeit money charges.

Rising star Jose Baxter, 17, from Bootle, and two other men were arrested yesterday in Kirkby.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "We can confirm that three men were arrested in Kirkby on possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possession of counterfeit money.

"The men, 17, 29 and 34 are currently in police custody."

A spokesman for Everton Football Club said they had no comment at this time.

The centre forward is the youngest player, at the age of 16 years and 191 days, ever to feature in an Everton line-up.

He came on as a substitute for Everton in their clash against Blackburn Rovers on August 16, 2008.

He has now become a regular member of the first- team squad.

(Daily Post)

Surely a kid who could potentially be earning tens of thousands of pounds a week in a few years would not be stupid enough to get involved in selling pot and counterfeiting money??? The fact the other two guys arrested were so much older is werid too.

Don't want to cast dispersions, but maybe he was buying drugs when the other two got busted and therefore been caught up in the possesion thing, either that or he is a complete moron.

If its shown to be true, I hope the club show him the door.

I hope for his sake it's not true.

Anyone old enough to remember Billy Kenny.........

Football's lost talents. article in the Guardian 2008.

(1) Billy Kenny (Everton, Oldham)

When Kenny, aged 19, was the man of the match in the Premiership's first Merseyside derby, his team-mate Peter Beardsley excitably christened him the "Goodison Gazza". If only he knew. The comparison was not gratuitous: Kenny was a midfielder blessed with sublime skill, especially in his passing, and perhaps more importantly a striking fearlessness (when Vinny Jones greeted him with a trademark early reducer, Kenny took the medicine uncomplainingly and then gave Jones a taste of it a few minutes later). But sadly the comparison to Gazza was equally relevant off the pitch: Kenny self-destructed, only much sooner. He chose not to choose life; he chose something else.

Unable to handle his newfound celebrity, he began to cross the white line on and off the pitch. "Some mornings I got home at four or five, had a couple of lines of cocaine, slept for an hour and then went to training," he said. "Sometimes I could hardly see the ball. I was a joke." He was sacked first by Everton and then by Oldham; he played his last league game at 22.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/mar/07/1

if its all true, and im hoping its not, i wouldnt want the club to get rid of him. he is an exciting prospect and if anyone can get him back on the straight and narrow, it would be Moyes. he is only a kid, and kids make stupid mistakes. If he doesnt learn from his mistake, then we get rid of him later on. but imagine we let him go, some other club takes a chance on him (and someone would) and he becomes the next rooney? all because he got caught with pot? come on! we had VDM on the books as an alcoholic for years!

IF he is guilty, give him 1 more chance. if he screws up again, then we get rid. but lets not be quick to judge....

Being an alcoholic isn't illegal though (luckily), and if he's guilty (big if at this stage) of dealing and possessing counterfeit money he's quite likely to go down I'd have thought....depending on the quantity involved.

Then it won't be a question of if we give him another chance but if and when.

could be out for the learning stage of his career and wouldnt fancy starting again when hes say 23 or 24 if he does go down i dont know how long it would be or whatever but i imagine its a few years?? people like that dont deserve another chance hes been given a great gift and IF he is guilty then he can fuck right off in my opinion i wouldnt want him here...but judgement to be reserved until its sorted. must agree with above before though it seems highly unlikely that he would but sadly some get mixed up with the wrong people eh

Don't remember Billy Kenny at all - I was only 12, but I was a complete football obsessive nut in them days, thought I would have done...

If its true its a big shame for Jose, could have thrown a career away before he's even started. But football is rife with it - it basically teaches young impressionable lads that they are something special, something better than the mere mortals who watch them every week, throws crap loads of money at them and pretty much leaves them to their own devices. I used to work on the local paper in Crewe and the stories about some of them lads, kids taken off rough estates in manchester and Liverpool to join the Academy there at 13, 14, were unbelievable - and Gradi was rated as one of the best at handling young kids in the game. Some - the Rooneys, Giggs, Rodwells - seem level-headed enough, or just obsessed with playing football enough, to handle it all. But for everyone of them, there's probably another 10 who prefer the high life, the booze, late nights, drugs, all the temptations that come with being young, dumb and loaded. I'm not gonna judge - I've given in to enough temptations in life, but then i didnt have a fantastic talent to waste B)

On another matter, if Baxter is guilty he'll probably face youth offenders given his age, so he could still come out the other side I guess

hes young he needs help!, Its easy to drop him ... hes good player potential... maybe he just need a help?

Maybe he got bad company or something... It would be wase of player... but keeping such player would be shame for a club.

If he is guild he should ask for forgiveness and pray for another chance @ everton and all other stuff.

Well, Mutu is still playing ;)

Can't understand people saying we should be rid of him. He's 17. Seems a huge wasts to throw that away, even if he did get in trouble. Can't see how this is any worse than the drink drivers and the boozers getting into fights. A little cannabis never hurt anyone.

I agree. I think if we do give him another chance, Moyes and the other squad will tell him how lucky he is and make him realise what a great talent he is and try and keep him on the straight and narrow. If he then does flourish into a top class player then he may be even more committed to Everton due to them giving him such an opportunity!! And we may be able to avoid another Rooney situation!

Lets see what come out of the wash but I really hope this gets resolved for the better.

Its not just a case of him having the odd smoke at the back of the bike sheds, he was arrested for possesion of cannabis with the intent to distribute, and money laundering (Allegedly)

What an arsehole.

If its proved and hes found guilty, he has to go.

If he's not guilty he has another chance, and it might help him to keep to the straight and narrow.

why do people want to keep him if hes found guilty and give him a second chance?? hes been given the best chance he can get by his given gifts and if he wants to throw it away then he can just let him fuck about at another club! and i dont wanna hear the nonsense about him bein young and mislead! hes 17 and knows right from wrong so thats a load of shite

why do people want to keep him if hes found guilty and give him a second chance?? hes been given the best chance he can get by his given gifts and if he wants to throw it away then he can just let him fuck about at another club! and i dont wanna hear the nonsense about him bein young and mislead! hes 17 and knows right from wrong so thats a load of shite

Agree.

Most kids having a kick around would love to be in Baxter's shoes.

"A little cannabis never hurt anyone." Whatever, can't believe someone posted that crap.