IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

Just been listening to the 30 Seconds To Mars album which I finally got round to getting hold of. From Yesterday is by far the best song on the album and at the moment I can't put that, or the album down. It's taking pride of place in my Last.FM stats and I can't wait to get the new one.

1. "Attack" - 3:09

2. "A Beautiful Lie" - 4:05

3. "The Kill" - 3:51

4. "Was It a Dream?" - 4:15

5. "The Fantasy" - 4:29

6. "Savior" - 3:24

7. "From Yesterday" - 4:08

8. "The Story" - 3:55

9. "R-Evolve" - 3:59

10. "A Modern Myth" - 14:14

11. "Battle of One" - 2:47

12. "Hunter" (Björk cover) - 3:54

Hmm, I guess were all differant. I absolutely love the new album, especially 'From Yesterday'

I'm also digging out some of my old songs that I'd forgotten about, some really good bands that I just dont listen to anymore. Idlewild, James Morrison, MGMT, Blink 182, Linkin Park. Having a phase where I am revisiting my youth :D

Feeder, Machester Apollo 21st October 2008

250px-Grant_Nicholas.jpg

Amazing show. Went to the Manchester Apollo to see it. Have been into Feeder for a few years but never actually got round to watch them. Fighstar have been by far the best support act I've seen, fantastic, especially thier new single 'English Way'

Great vibe when Feeder came on, opening the show with 'We Are The People' before falling into 'Feeling A Moment' and 'Miss You' excellent start, middle and end. Lost & Found, High and Seven Days In The Sun among the songs played.

Encore features 'Just A Day' and 'Silent Cry' performed for the first time solo by Grant Nichollas on acoustic guitar which was superb, on par with the album version.

Would recommend Feeder to anyone, listen to Silent Cry and you'll find out just how good they are. Watch out for Fighstar, England's next big thing.

never thought much of fightstar, they've been around for a few years now and still not made it "big" i think they'll always be that lad from busted trying to get acclaim

thing is though fightstar try too hard to be 'metal' in order to shake off the whole busted reputation but that will never go and therefore many people just wont take them seriously.

btw i dont like fightstar because of the whole charlie simpson/ busted thing i dont like them because to me thier shite for example listen to their cover of iron maidens 'fear of the dark' i never thought it was possible to butcher a great song but low and behold fightstar did it.

thing is though fightstar try too hard to be 'metal' in order to shake off the whole busted reputation but that will never go and therefore many people just wont take them seriously.

btw i dont like fightstar because of the whole charlie simpson/ busted thing i dont like them because to me thier shite for example listen to their cover of iron maidens 'fear of the dark' i never thought it was possible to butcher a great song but low and behold fightstar did it.

They were excellent at the Apollo. To me they were just fantastic, the best support act I'd seen, but then again they only played 7 songs so I can't really put up a strong argument. I didnt mind them, but I'm not that well up on them as a band. Charlie seemed to fit better into Fighstar, he looked more natural. More as if he was enjoying himself.

So have I, got them today. All three plus some covers and B-Sides. Thought I would get the whole set. Was playing some of the album stuff in school today, will be playing it all tomorrow :D The new single which was played live was good. 'New English Way' I haven't got, but I'll just get it when the new album is released.

New English Way, YouTube

Edited by dark

They were excellent at the Apollo. To me they were just fantastic, the best support act I'd seen, but then again they only played 7 songs so I can't really put up a strong argument. I didnt mind them, but I'm not that well up on them as a band. Charlie seemed to fit better into Fighstar, he looked more natural. More as if he was enjoying himself.

just out of curiosity who were they supporting

Feeder, Machester Apollo 21st October 2008

250px-Grant_Nicholas.jpg

Amazing show. Went to the Manchester Apollo to see it. Have been into Feeder for a few years but never actually got round to watch them. Fighstar have been by far the best support act I've seen, fantastic, especially thier new single 'English Way'

Great vibe when Feeder came on, opening the show with 'We Are The People' before falling into 'Feeling A Moment' and 'Miss You' excellent start, middle and end. Lost & Found, High and Seven Days In The Sun among the songs played.

Encore features 'Just A Day' and 'Silent Cry' performed for the first time solo by Grant Nichollas on acoustic guitar which was superb, on par with the album version.

Would recommend Feeder to anyone, listen to Silent Cry and you'll find out just how good they are. Watch out for Fighstar, England's next big thing.

Feeder. :)

not the only one mate, watched it before on youtube and couldnt stop laughing

but i do agree with mike that it is unrespectful to a old man.

Listening to the Russel Brand/Jonathon Ross prank to Andrew Sachs. I mean, it was disrespectful to the old man but at the same time I was laughing all the way through. Brand's comments were hilarious all the way through.

'We could have a Fawlty Towers themed wedding!'

Legendary, they phoned back about four times, getting ruder, better each time. Jonathon Ross started it, but he wasn't that funny through it. Brand was hilarious through the whole thing. When his voice got higher and higher when he was getting worried was just class. It was over the line, but hilarious at the same time.

Recently got back into Boy Kill Boy. They split up on the 12th October 2008 after being dropped by thier record company Vertigo. They released an album in March this year named 'Stars And The Sea' which was good, but the album I have recently got back into and the album which they will be remembered for was 'Civilian' which featured 'Civil Sin' and 'Suzie' amongst other great songs.

Am quite dissapointed that they split, were a good English-Indie band that should have been given the chance to write a third album.