IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Going to see a Pink Floyd tribute band tonight; have no expectations because not something I've done before, but will be interesting. The guys make a living doing it so they can't be total shite (I hope:huh:).

To be honest mate some of these tribute bands sound better than the real thing when they’re live, enjoy it mate. 
Any way Mike if you’re stuck for transport, I’ve got a bike you can ride it if you like, it’s got some bits on to make it look good 👍 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be honest mate some of these tribute bands sound better than the real thing when they’re live, enjoy it mate. 
Any way Mike if you’re stuck for transport, I’ve got a bike you can ride it if you like, it’s got some bits on to make it look good 👍 

Is it pea green?

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

Going to see a Pink Floyd tribute band tonight; have no expectations because not something I've done before, but will be interesting. The guys make a living doing it so they can't be total shite (I hope:huh:).

Which one? Dad and I are going to see the Aussie Pink Floyd I think, they are excellent.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Which one? Dad and I are going to see the Aussie Pink Floyd I think, they are excellent.

https://www.thedarksideofpinkfloyd.co.uk/

They were not bad at all. I could point out a few bits I was unimpressed by if I was being hypercritical (I was:P), but overall very good, time disappeared quickly which is always a good sign.

(Playing in Birkenhead later in the year if you're interested)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

We might already have tickets  :lol:

👍

They opened with Shine on You Crazy Diamond and the keyboard first couple of minutes was fine, then the guitar part kicked in, and he was attacking the strings far too harshly imo...sounded like when the cat pulls at one of my strings with her claws. The original is a little bit like that admittedly but he overdid it for me, was worried at that point, but he was pretty much faultless from then on in. 

Good show.

• 2 weeks later...

Beyonce's new album, Cowboy Carter. I think it's kind of a masterpiece. The variety in style and genre across the album is something I've never heard her do.

There's the obvious country influences and her usual r&b, but there's heavy singer/songwriter vibes, straight pop songs, folk. She even busts out what I can only describe as an operatic aria at one point.

Highly highly recommend for all.