Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

Coleman

will be good to see him get some experience. I just hope he doesnt get attached to the club that takes him on loan, he really could be a star for the future. I was hoping he could wait for preseason and then we would give him a go but oh well, best o luck to him...

Got an assist on Blackpool's second goal tonight....2-0 up at half time over Swansea. Would be a big win for them.

Edit: Another assist on Blackpool's fourth.

Final edit: Another on their fifth :) .

just seen them on SSN some nice lay offs and running looks very very quick! mates a blackpool season ticket holder said he had a cracking game tonight was well impressed with his attacking play! lets hope we see more of him in blue next season!

i think he will...dont think nev will have the legs to play all the games and hibbert will no doubt be injured...maybe even get a shot on the right wing who knows seems to be very much johnson like and i personally wouldnt have an issue with him bein a winger to get some game time and experience

i think he will...dont think nev will have the legs to play all the games and hibbert will no doubt be injured...maybe even get a shot on the right wing who knows seems to be very much johnson like and i personally wouldnt have an issue with him bein a winger to get some game time and experience

sounds like a good idea mate but then who do you drop in the midfield? Theres no way he will be given that opportunity on loan or in the EPL, so only time would be preseason but i dont see DM putting him there. I do like the idea though, someone agressive and pacy going forward, good tackler who can potentially win the ball back further up the pitch. Gives Nev a bit of support down the right... Im jealous i didnt think of it!!! :P

right side seems a problem area for us i think he is well worth a shot...dont like osman there and if bily doesnt do the business next year i dont see what harm it could do putting a kid who wants to prove himself!

right side seems a problem area for us i think he is well worth a shot...dont like osman there and if bily doesnt do the business next year i dont see what harm it could do putting a kid who wants to prove himself!

We'll have signed Donovan by then :unsure:

Coleman scores :) .

That's ten points from twelve since he joined them, doubtless all down to Seamus :P (they only had three from the previous twelve)....on the verge of the play-offs now.

Coleman scores :) .

That's ten points from twelve since he joined them, doubtless all down to Seamus :P (they only had three from the previous twelve)....on the verge of the play-offs now.

Blackpool is my home town, I never thought in a million years I'd see them in the Prem!

Blackpool closed to within a point of Leicester in the final Championship play-off place after an impressive win.

They went ahead in strange fashion as Andrew Wright diverted into his own net but Grant McCann equalised from the spot after he was fouled.

Blackpool continued to press and loanee Seamus Coleman weaved through before flicking home, and DJ Campbell ghosted in to head in the third.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/8593574.stm

Hibbert must be cursing him; he's managed to do what Hibbert's been waiting his whole career to do - score a goal :lol:.

I hope Coleman's given a fair go with us next season, he's earning it.

totally agree he most certainly is..very excited to see this lad hopefully live up to his full potential!

would be nice to have a whole side with pace must say! imagine them two rockets flyin away :D

Shhh, I might cream myself :unsure:.

I'm just hoping we can get Donovan signed (or someone similar if we can't get him) and Moyes isn't too cautious and gives Coleman a run of games so we can see if he's up to this league.

a man of the match performance against the 4th place side in the league...granted against a poor left flank in my opinion defensively but bale is very good at going forward as he has proved this season but seamus was just as impressive at the back! it would just be nice to have an enthusiastic full back on either side too and give the opponents two flanks to look at! and i think donovan is a must buy if that was the only signing we made all summer id be happy

Quite a nice goal :o

Never heared of a one month loan before, but it seems to be working out for him!

is he going to play the play-offs aswell if they make it?

It would be nice to see him come back here before the end of the season if we cant realistically get a Europa spot. That way we should really see what he is made of!

Similarly now Gosling is out for what will seem like forever, we could use him down the right flank, especially coming on as sub if we are winning as he is a defender by trade which should sure up the wing with Neville and he will be pretty handy on the counter because of his pace and delivery.

I'm actually delighted for Seamus atm. Regardless of the fact of how he does at Everton, he has proven that he is well capable of peforming very well at a Championship level and he's got the basis of a career there.

Still want him to mirror that goal against Liverpool though :lol:

Was MOM today apparently?

Blackpool beat Donny Rovers 2-0.

Blackpool fan here.

Coleman has been brilliant since signing for us. Steady on the ball in defence and very, very good when going forward. Has very quick feet and some nice turns. He seems to have the knack of keeping the ball even if there are 2 players trying to tackle him.

Personally I think he needs at a bit more experience at this level, maybe till around May 2nd (or hopefully 22nd May if we make the play-offs).

He was also voted MOM today.

From GOT: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/24359-Sir-Seamus-Coleman?p=536328#post536328

id have him back and play him the rest of the season what have we got to lose...might be just what they need some enthusiasm!

Agreed, but it's not going to happen :(.

I'll be pissed if he isn't at least second choice RB next season.

Hope Blackpool make the play offs and go all the way with Seamie on-board.

Would be a fantastic experience for him and with that under his belt I'd have no problem with him starting next season. Though even without that experience it's easy to see he has the mental strength to play in the PL.

I have a feeling that if he does become our first choice RB that he'll be up there with my favourite players at the club.

Same. Just something about the balls and audacity that attacking full-backs seem to have lol.

I know we need him, but I think, if the best for Blackpool happens and they win the play-off it might be a great move both for Seamie and Moyes' confidence in him, to arrange a half season loan (August-December). Could be great for all parties involved as he'd quite likely be starting week-in and week-out.

I know we need him, but I think, if the best for Blackpool happens and they win the play-off. I think it may be a great move both for Seamie and Moyes' confidence in him, to arrange a half season loan (August-December). Could be great for all parties involved as he'd quite likely be starting week-in and week-out.

Yeah good point

I suppose it all depends on what Moysie has instore for him, I would rather he stayed there and got regular football than be a bit part player here. Im sur they could put a clause in the contract to recall him if need be

Yeah good point

I suppose it all depends on what Moysie has instore for him, I would rather he stayed there and got regular football than be a bit part player here. Im sur they could put a clause in the contract to recall him if need be

²²²²²²²²²²²²²

nothing to add there, this would be ideal for all parties

You might have thought given the problems we've had putting some teams away in recent weeks Moyes might have fancied a pacy option down the right who can dribble, pass and cross... :angry:

would love to see Coleman stay and get Blackpool promoted. Our season is all but over now...I still think we'll finish 7th, mostly because I think we'll beat Villa and they'll stumble in one of their run-in games. Can't see us catching the RS because their run-in is, on paper, just as easy as ours. Coleman should come back for next year and be given his chance.

Got to be Nevilles last season as a regular next year so hopefully Shamus will be allowed to compete/learn from him next year with a view to be a first team regular by the time he is 22/23. The boy looks like he might be a superstar.

I'd have thought that now our season is pretty much over that it'd be the perfect opportunity to throw him in. I mean, there'd be no pressure on him because we're not really playing for anything so he could just go out there and show everyone what he can do, and we'd get to see how his defensive skills stand up in this league.

I'd have thought that now our season is pretty much over that it'd be the perfect opportunity to throw him in. I mean, there'd be no pressure on him because we're not really playing for anything so he could just go out there and show everyone what he can do, and we'd get to see how his defensive skills stand up in this league.

Spot on.

Dead right, although I would have had him in the team long ago!