IGNORED

Existing Player Tip For Next Year

Who is your tip to shine for us next year out of our existing players?

Being bias towards the youth/reserve players I am going for Anichebe. Rodwell for obvious reasons is going to get a lot more game time but I think we are going to see the biggest change from Anichebe next season. Hopefully he makes the world cup squad.

Vic could be a good call...getting ripped to shreds by someone in the Pienaar thead which I think is ridiculous. He's certainly shown glimpses....played well on the left for Nigeria the other day apparently :mellow: .

I think (hope) Fellaini will perform consistantly to the level he was at before he got injured....that'd be a huge plus and we wouldn't lose many if that happens and all the usual suspects perform.

I think, if fitness is improved and have a good rest then Bilyaletdinov certainly.

I'm just looking forward to more long range shots.. half the problem with scoring this season has been players lacking to confidence to just bang it in quickly, Bilya showed against Man U and Pompey that he can take an accurate gamble :).

And Tony Hibbert will score..

i said a couple of months ago the upcoming season is gonna be a big one for vic! finally shown what he can with a bit of a run in the side and next year he will show why moyes has stuck with him and why i have always had faith in him :D

Me too.

It shows in that he has not been loaned out to anyone. Maturity can do a lot for a player (look at Rooney now).

i think bily has defo shown enough to withhold judgement til he has had a rest and a full pre-season...he has the quality just as long as he isn't played on the wing because he is too slow and to scared to beat a man..as for victor i always wanted him up front but after seein him on the wing i'm not so sure now..

...he is too slow and to scared to beat a man...

If he's slow and scared to beat a man on the wing he'll be slow and scared to beat a man wherever he plays won't he :mellow: ? Don't want a player with those qualities anywhere on the pitch surely.

If he's slow and scared to beat a man on the wing he'll be slow and scared to beat a man wherever he plays won't he :mellow: ? Don't want a player with those qualities anywhere on the pitch surely.

No not really Mike, if he's sitting behind the striker, he only has to find the 'killer' pass, which he can do. As long as his vision and awareness (and also shooting ability) are on form....and from what we've seen, he has it in aboundance! You can't train 'vision', a player either has it or doesn't. Bily HAS it, so its not soo important if he can beat a man, aslong as he's putting others in who can ;)

i mean to run past someone and whip a cross in..osman is the same on the wing he is useless but cracking in the middle and you don't need as much pace in the middle so maybe he will get more confidence to try and beat someone..decent in the air too from a few glimpses i have seen of him heading it..plus he has a crackin shot with a lot of technique as shown against pompey which he might get more chance to do in the middle...

i mean to run past someone and whip a cross in..osman is the same on the wing he is useless but cracking in the middle

Ossie's not afraid to take people on though, in fact if anything he does it too often.

Take everyone's point but I'm not holding my breath :) .

i'm gonna go for bily.

think anichebe will be good next season also but hopefully bily can have the kind of impact that felli had in the first half of this season once he is fully fit. i'm with the others aswell in saying he would be best behind the striker.

also i think fellaini and heitinga will be massive players for us next season

Guest rusty747

Now please don't laugh. I am sober and have not being smoking any herbal ciggies but I think Hibbo might just surpise a few people next season. Why?

He is Everton through and through and he knows that his long term place in the starting XI will def go to Coleman and that, short term, RB is the only place that Pip can realistically hope to get a game - so, the presure is on Hibbo to up the ante if he wants to get a regular game. For me, there were signs towards the end of last season that he realised this and was seriously starting to address the weaker areas of his game - ie, getting forward, being comfortable in possession and slinging in good quality crosses.

Longer term, I really hope we hang on to Hibbo in a 'behind the scenes' role. Helping out with the academy, whatever, hell I'm sure the lad would sweep the streets if you let him wear a Royal Blue shirt while he was doing it.

And yes, he will score next season. I've just bunged a hundred quid on him scoring a league goal in 2010-11.