Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

Hibbo, Bt, Aj

maybe they going to announce team numbers same time they announce the new away shirt with the numbers on the back???

Don't think its going to be today now.

Why can't they just tell us

1 Richard Wright

2 Tony Hibbert

3 Gary Naysmith

4 Joseph Yobo

5 David Weir

6 Mikel Arteta

7 Andy van der Meyde

8 Andy Johnson

9 James Beattie

10 Simon Davies

11 James McFadden

13 Iain Turner

14 Kevin Kilbane

15 Alan Stubbs

16 Joleon Lescott

17 Tim Cahill

18 Phil Neville

19 Nuno Valente

21 Leon Osman

22 James Vaughan

23 Alessandro Pistone

24 Tim Howard

26 Lee Carsley

28 Victor Anichebe

30 John Ruddy

31 Mark Hughes

36 Patrick Boyle

Why has Wier kept the No. 5?

I see Pistone is 23.

Do we then expect the "Nike Air Sandro" range to be available shortly?.

Miffed as to VDM gettin the 7.

I see Pistone is 23.

Do we then expect the "Nike Air Sandro" range to be available shortly?.

Miffed as to VDM gettin the 7.

38011[/snapback]

Do you not think if he's fit (which by the look of that picture posted the other day he's looking trim) he would be first choice on either wing?

I honestly think we will see VDM play a massive part in our season and if he doesnt he will be gone by January!!

Howard should be 1

37873[/snapback]

Wouldn't be right to give a loan player a "starting" number in my opinion. That's not to say he won't be first choice because pesumably he will be.

It could be the confidence boost he needs!

Behind the scene VDM could be destroyed about the way his career has never realy got started. With him making all the right noises about wanting to prove himself and repay the fans its possible Moyes has taken a look at him when they returned to pre season and thought its all or nothing.

He's looking lean and talking keen so give him No. 7 and if he doesnt take the opportunity then he never will.

It could be the confidence boost he needs!

Behind the scene VDM could be destroyed about the way his career has never realy got started. With him making all the right noises about wanting to prove himself and repay the fans its possible Moyes has taken a look at him when they returned to pre season and thought its all or nothing.

He's looking lean and talking keen so give him No. 7 and if he doesnt take the opportunity then he never will.

38051[/snapback]

B) think its make or brake season for vdm, i to hope he shows the form he is capable of ;) match winner when on form B)

his first 3 games last season he notched up 3 assists which gave us 2 wins and a draw.

hopefully he can do more this season. he certainly looking fitter from pics ive seen of him lately.

To be honest some players don't give a hoot what number they are, but if you are able to give a first 11 number to a player who's confidence is low and in need of a bit of a boost. I don't see any harm in giving him a decent number if it potentially gets gives him a spring in his heel.

I also agree with SteveO that you don't take a number of a player, as a sort of a demotion, if you like. Unless you have a contract rebel who you are ging to send to the reserves.