IGNORED

Hibbo Is Buggered

L_Blue

Head physio Mick Rathbone told evertonTV: "Tony got quite a bad groin injury. You always see those famous words on teletext 'waiting on the results of a scan' but it was clear at half-time on Saturday he had a serious injury.

"He has been away for a scan and to see the consultant but he has got a significant injury. He is going to be out for weeks - more than weeks, months.

With Neville being able to fill in for him you wouldn't see this as too much of a problem but then who is gonna take Pip's place in midfield? Simon Davies? He can't play holding mid (or wide really) so what do you guys think Moyes is gonna do with his tactics. I reckon he will play Davies out of position in the middle even though I think it is a bad idea.

Head physio Mick Rathbone told evertonTV: "Tony got quite a bad groin injury. You always see those famous words on teletext 'waiting on the results of a scan' but it was clear at half-time on Saturday he had a serious injury.

"He has been away for a scan and to see the consultant but he has got a significant injury. He is going to be out for weeks - more than weeks, months.

With Neville being able to fill in for him you wouldn't see this as too much of a problem but then who is gonna take Pip's place in midfield? Simon Davies? He can't play holding mid (or wide really) so what do you guys think Moyes is gonna do with his tactics. I reckon he will play Davies out of position in the middle even though I think it is a bad idea.

1) When Davies plays he drifts inside and leaves a fookin big gap on the flank anyway so I would hardly call playing him in the middle "out of position".

2) Hibbo is by far our best right back Mark regardless of his crossing ability there are few if any better in that corner of the park in the whole league!

3) Neville is quite comfortable there and Carsley can play the holding role well but he needs form back.

4) Pistone can play right back, is he injured still??

5) Yobo can play right back

I think there are 2 options here, drop Neville to right back or play Yobo there and considering we are not the same team with Neville not in the midfield I fear the latter. Prepare yourselves for the return of David Wier and Yobo playing rightback :(

What is the rule about loaning a lower league player in during the closed window? I know we can loan out but can we loan in?

Hibbo injury is a worry and I agree with what you say Mac about him just getting on with his job.

Doesn't Carsley play holding midfielder??? not as good as Pip but still decent enough.

VDm got another 90 minutes of reserve action under his belt last nght. Sheffield UTD on saturday could be his day.

Howard

Pip, Yobo, Lescott, Valente

Carsley

Arteta, Osman, Cahill, VDM

AJ

Gives us 2 people who can cross the ball for AJ with Cahill getting forward as well to help.

Hibbo injury is a worry and I agree with what you say Mac about him just getting on with his job.

Doesn't Carsley play holding midfielder??? not as good as Pip but still decent enough.

VDm got another 90 minutes of reserve action under his belt last nght. Sheffield UTD on saturday could be his day.

Howard

Pip, Yobo, Lescott, Valente

Carsley

Arteta, Osman, Cahill, VDM

AJ

Gives us 2 people who can cross the ball for AJ with Cahill getting forward as well to help.

I'd be happy with that, maybe a change of policy is in order hit the fooking line and get some crosses in for a change with Cahill arriving and Ossie on the edge of the box. Could also drop Ossie and go 4-4-2 with Beats winning the headers but these long crosses and long balls from defence have to stop IMO!

He's a grafter hibbo and a great defender but in posession he's shit. I'd rate Neville over him any day, he knows when to get the early ball in. With Hibbert and our other long ball merchant Naysmith out of the team we should stop giving the ball away before we cross the half way line. Carsley is fine for our holding midfielder and Davies can join him if he wants to play 5 across the middle against tougher opposition. Otherwise I'd like to see us playing with 2 strikers.

Bluetrip......."Otherwise I'd like to see us playing with 2 strikers."

Aye but which two strikers, Beattie does'nt seem to cut it anymore, in fact in the last two home games (Wigan & Man C) we have been leading until up to half time, then Davy has changed the system and we have been completely outplayed in the second half of those games.

Going to 4-4-2 is costing us points, 4-5-1 was the system that got us a 4th place finish, and we only had Marcus fookin Bent playing up front.

The midfield let us down against middlesboro, mainly because Osman wasnt playing, one day the majority of supporters will realise the difference he makes to us when he plays.

As for playing with 2 strikers, well not while Beattie is one of them, but hey, thats only my opinion.

Bluetrip......."Otherwise I'd like to see us playing with 2 strikers."

Aye but which two strikers, Beattie does'nt seem to cut it anymore, in fact in the last two home games (Wigan & Man C) we have been leading until up to half time, then Davy has changed the system and we have been completely outplayed in the second half of those games.

Going to 4-4-2 is costing us points, 4-5-1 was the system that got us a 4th place finish, and we only had Marcus fookin Bent playing up front.

The midfield let us down against middlesboro, mainly because Osman wasnt playing, one day the majority of supporters will realise the difference he makes to us when he plays.As for playing with 2 strikers, well not while Beattie is one of them, but hey, thats only my opinion.

He'd been playing shite the past few games, which we also hadnt won, so he deserved to be dropped

He'd been playing shite the past few games, which we also hadnt won, so he deserved to be dropped

i reckon he took spurs apart, and he played well against newcastle, never saw anything of the city so i cant judge on that one, hes been one of our better performers this season imo

I'm with the Ginga Ninja on Arteta, I could put up with 6 misdirected free-kicks for the one that gets us a goal, a bad Arteta is still better than a good Davies.

ATB

Mac

My opinion wasnt a choice between Arteta or Davies, Mark made a comment about Osman playing shit and deserving to be dropped, in return i quoted Arteta, who in 8 league matches and a carling cup half hour, hasnt played a decent game yet.

On the other hand Osman has recieved man of the match on several occasions, and is only 1 behind in total votes, to AJ, Ossie is ahead of every other midfielder Cahill, Neville, Carsley, Davies, and miles ahead of Arteta.

Its on this basis that i said if Osman Deserves to be dropped, then Arteta most definately does.

And its no good playing a player who is out of form, on the basis that he MIGHT come good, he's had 8 games to come good so he needs a short sharp shock, time he was left out.

Isnt that what squad players are for. ????

This may sound a little "odd", I like the boy (hibbo) and feel without him Everton lose one of their teeth. Baldy says pip can cover pretty much anyone in the team. That must make him buy of the last three seasons. B)

T

hibbo is one of the most consistent defenders in the premiership. very little gets past him. he's got the skill and the guts to take on anyone. he's done a great job in the Everton defence and he will be very hard to replace.

neville is a good utility player but he's best in midfield. but he can cover until hibbo is back.

last year it was our attack that was in need of shoring up. since the arrival of aj its now the defence thats looking a bit weak.

Yeah, you cant fault centre defence Lescott, and Yobo are as good as we've had for some time and looking very solid.

Last week was a little blip cos imo the midfield were not up to scratch, not only did they fail to provide AJ with any service, but they also failed to protect the back four, lets hope they pull their socks up this week.