Sign in to follow this  
J*A*C*K*E*L*Z

Manuel Fernandes

manuel fernandes.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. fernandes for 12 million yes or no?

• yes
    • no

Just to finaly clear up what people think im not sure what are funds are but i know if the worse comes to the worse and the price tag is 12 million would you still want him??

I belive we should get him and if we do want him act quick before the window opens as there maybee other people watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eTy6DwPHQ&NR just a little bit of him

id pay upto £15m for this kid =]

You might but Moysey wont, If its anything above Johnsons fee he wont buy him. he can get barton for half the price.

Mac    0

You might but Moysey wont, If its anything above Johnsons fee he wont buy him. he can get barton for half the price.

Barton isn't half the player.

ATB

Mac

Thats debateable Mac, never set the prem alight when he was at pompey and hes only played a couple here so far. He might turn out to be a good player, but there's no way Davey will pay £10m for him.

Mac    0

I agree with the price Bill, never. However, Barton is not a player who comes onto my radar, I don't like him as a human being and that is it for me. I know personal feelings should have nothing to do with quality players, but for me it does.

ATB

Mac

Joe    0
id pay upto £15m for this kid =]
Especially since he is only 20. He still has major potential to improve even more. If we get Fernandes we might not be able to do much more over the summer but I definitely think he would be worth it.

I read somewhere that Moyes is building Everton by adding two better (than current option)players each summer. I would expect the club to spend around 16 mil this summer. As long as we can hold our current list, i would be happy to spend 12 on Fernandez and 4 on a left back. If we sell Beattie, Pistone and VDM (6mill?) and pick up Nugent (4) and someone else from the lowers - i would be happy.

I honeslty expect already that Dm has said to the board that he wants Fernandes.

I beleive that things might happening behind the sceene to sort out a deal and I beleive that come the first 2 weeks of the transfer window Fernandes might be signed however think he can sign outside the transfer window as he is already on loan like Howard.

I would not pay £12m up front but don't think I would have to much or a problem with something like £6-7m and another 4-5m say on add ons and sell on fees.

Think that is the way DM and everton will approach the subject.

Also wouldn't surprse me to see Pistone and VDM leave if can get around £500k for them (both)

Answer of the question is yes would have him but not upfront price of £12m

i think VDM could go for more. moyes does have the ability to sell players more for what they were bought for. Bent, kilbane and gravesen spring to mind.

i could see pistone going on a free and VDM going for maybe 2million

Even though at a young age Fernadez has played a lot of football already, he was a reqular starter for Benfica at 19 year old!

He was only able to play 2 out of 3 games for Portsmouth to stop a automatic transfer (three games on the run).

If I remember correctly Portsmouth where at least 4th in the table when Fernandez was in the team. Not saying it was all down to Fernandez, but I would now hazardouse a guess that he more than did his part.

He has played at every level for the Portugues national team.

Moyes has and will get a really good chance to access Fernandez, I posted a few weeks ago to say that in the last 10 games Fernandez should be tested to the max in a 4 man midfeild (no matter who we play), and it looks as if Moyes is doing this.

Considering his age, the fact he has just be thrown in to the centre of midfeild from day one (no pre-season to get used to the club, Liverpool or his team mates), considering the above, up to now, this 21 year old has impressed the pants of me.

His skill on the ball to lose a player and make that extra bit of space on the feild and then some of the killer passes we have already seen, potentially makes him the type of player you would consider moulding your team around. Not to many player who can do this.

I know £12M is a whole lot of money, but consider this,

- he has fallen in our lap so to say, and we will have first option on him (abiet at £12M)

- We have a golden chance to bring a player into the team - that dare I say has the potential become a world class midfeilder

- I would say paying £12M is a 50/50 chance of maybe loosing money or making money in any future transfer of him.

- In the past we have been interested in quality player only to miss out in an open market (Scott Parker, Sissoko, to name but a few)

- At this time would you swop Fernandez for the £18M Micheal Carrick?

- I don't think Fernandez would come in on a mega wages contract in the first instance.

- How often have Everton being in the driving seat for the purchase of real quality youngster?

Yes, we may have to pay over the odds for the player - But if the money can be made available for his transfer then from what I have seen so far he may be the player that may be worth taking that gamble on.

If we are to 'move on' then one or two chances need to be taken. When was the last time we had a real possibility of buy a player of Fernandezez potential, and how long before we have another chance.

Seize the day I say - and looking at the vote, most will behind Moyes when it comes to bringing Fernadez to the club permenently.

If other teams are more thorough than we are on checking players, they wont touch VDM with a bargepole.

Think his contract will be cancelled or go on a free, Maybe Rochdale or Chesterfield might be interested. :)

had to vote no, only because of this £12m rubbish.

half that and ill snap him right up. i think £6m would be fair for him, prob end up paying over the odds anyway, no more than £8m

didnt Chelsea pay £10m for Robben?

i would easily pay £12m for Fernandes, ive only seen snippets on youtube (damn australia) of his skill and i know he can make mistakes but he is class. Moyes is looking to turn Everton into a top 4 team, as i see it at the moment.. Chelsea Man U Arsenal and Scummerpool are top 4 teams, we have shown this season we can beat scummerpool and Arsenal or atleast keep them at bay so we are nearly there. A player or two like Fernandes can move us up to the stage where we can regularly beat teams like the Scum and Arsenal and coast past lower teams with ease. if we do sign him our midfield top 4 will be extremely good on paper. :~>

yes, fernandes will improve our team, but like you said, a few more players like him. well if we spend 12m on him, there wont be any money left for a few more players. i rate him very highly, but i think 12m is quite out of our reach. and i stick by him being worth 6, but would pay upto 8

How much did Arteta cost us again? £12 mill is a bit high IMO. I think he will only sign if we qualify for Europe.

I would like to see him sign along with Baines and another striker.

I would defo. pay 12 mill - i assume this would include all add-ons etc . I dont think it would be up front 12 - maybe 10. Getting players of this class and calibre sends a message to other potentials. We have had problems attracting class players and these kind of signings are positive in more than just one way. We need to hold onto Arteta, Cahill, AJ, Yobo, Lescott though. I dont want to see us pick up one class player and let another go - this doesnt equal forward progress in my book.

At this moment in time, We have a golden chance to pick up this player, who in my opinion has already shown huge potential. Moyes will get a really good look at him before a desision has to be made on spending big money on him.

If Moyes sees him as the furture of the Everton midfeild and is willing to splash £12m, then I am behind him.

Moyes is not the type to spend money just becasue he can, he does take a degree of care in choosing the player that come to Goodison.

My guess is £12m is very much a top end figure that will include plenty of add ons. Can't see it being a straight up £12m fee in the first instance.

The lad can play with the ball at his feet - as good as I have seen in a Everton shirt for a long while, he is an inteligent footballer, who has got very good passing ability and he is not scared and capable of getting a tackle in. Not bad for a 20 year old.

I want to see him a permenant fixture at Everton.

Its not going to be often we are in the driving seat picking up such player - I really think we should take a chance on him.

Its not going to be often we are in the driving seat picking up such player - I really think we should take a chance on him.

so do I, he has been the differance in us lately and will get us europe every season whilst here.

I really think it could be a missed opertunity if we don't sign him this summer.

How sick would we all be if he did go on over the next 4 year to be a real class player, and we missed the chance of having him on our books.

He really has got the raw talent to be a class act.

What has impressed me the most is that he came in to our squad with little football over the last couple of month, a new set of team mates. But has just slotted in to his position.

I would just love to see him start next season, match fit with a pre-season behind him in an Everton shirt. My guess is we have only seen the tip of the iceberg of what he could bring out squad.

imo he has the ability to be one of the best midfielders in europe a must buy at any price, hats of to moyes if he can get him for about 8 but i agree that he will cost us 10 if not 12 million.

It may sound rate silly but when your recored signng is 12 million it shows you have ambition unlike teams like fulhams ect 2 mill 3 mil signings its what sepertaes you on the pitch aswell. This may sound extream but he has all the potential as a 20 year old to end up being world player of the the year and I would prefer it if he done this with us.

The point im really tryin to put accreos is 12 mill could be turned into lost and lots more is a chelsea or madrid comes in for him say by the time he is 23. Plus it sends out a statment to your arteta's cahills ect that we have alot of ambition and we are showing that in forking out thew money and them seeing this will know he is a top player and want to stay here all together.

surely if,as it has been said we have first option on the lad,then why don't we just wait and

see what he does for us in the remaining games.Just about every team has waisted big money

on players before and they always will.......so if he has a great finish to the season and helps us

get into europe,and his price tag is £10-12million,then yes go for him.If the move goes wrong

and he turns out like other high price flops!tough!!

The lad can tackle,create and he will(when he settles)score goals.

The question is though,could the money be better spent.ie two or three players?

Bit like Newcastle with Owen!should they have bought 3 really good players for that money?

Well.

This move is defenatly on the rocks now after his recent injury in are past three games and maybee even more now he is going to have to be top noch now if he wants to convince us in the final few games. His fitness also worry me now :huh:

surely depends what the injury is!.....Moyes and his staff should

be able to guage if it's worth the gamble.

Can't be worse than Sissoko surely,often injured,hasen't scored,

poor distribution.....all he seems good at is breaking down moves!

Thank God we didn't get him!

Fernandes is in my mind a better player,when he settles watch

him score and create plenty of goals.No stupid money though!

because he is still young,and he could go either way.

He and Nuggent and a couple of defenders should do us.

tackling 10 out of 10 top athlete no distribution no chance waht so ever of poping up with a goal gets nose bleeds if he go's to far the half way line.

fernandes is the full article and he is 2 years younger than him.

im sorry whoever said he was glad we didnt get sissoko , thats a joke of post

sissoko is brilliant. fantastic player, i only wish we could have sealed it earlier ... and i think ull find many lpool fans rate him very very highly also

Ooooooppppss!!........It was me who said I was glad we didn't get Sissoko!!

Only basing that opinion on what I've seen of him.Sure he is an athletic player

and breaks down opponents moves,ie get's the tackle in.....BUT he gives away

lots of fouls,and his distribution is poor.He hasn't really looked like scoring.

He's not going to get a game when the big$$$'s hit home.

Sure he's not crap.....but going by the post's on a luckypool forum,forward

play suffers when he has the ball.He's always going to stick out a long leg

and win more than his share of the 50/50 balls,and every team needs a ball

winner in midfield........but Fernandes,the little I've seen of him looks more

creative going forward,and given the choice I would rather have him.So by

the middle of next season would luckypool.

But I respect your opinion on Sissoko being a good player,and if you wanted

a player to upset the rythem of your opponents midfield,then maybe he's your

man.

sissoko isnt there to score goals, the lad is quality. if gerrard has to move over for him then he must have somethin about him

i dont think its fair to compare him to fernandez, different kinds of player, manny is a creative player, sissoko is a defensive player. could make a mean partnership thou

jackelz - mascherano is an awesome player, mark my words, next year after a full preseason with that shite, he will be one of the best

He is a must buy now. either we pay it or someone else will!

Not being funny im open to sugestions but somwone tell me a better pair of centre mids anywere that are better than these 2 lads.

Manuel Fernandes and Mikel Arteta.

I mean ive supported everton all my life and im 16 now and this is the best team ive ever seen everton have seen. And these to just stand out to be by a far way maybee along with lescott.

You could argue that there some teams who have just as good or slightly better but there is non that could top them by a considerble amount.

I realise the way that they are allready linking up with each other as class knows class you can see it when they play they are looking for each other all the time.

The potential is see for the future with these to in the middle is scary and with an extension for arteta and a permi for fernandes is see is with a bright future. arteta only just 25 fernandes 20 come on! there brilliant. I was so down about the result yesterday but i come out of it realising how close we are to being a great team. If we play are cards right in the summer we are getting there. It is massive we get in to europe also to make people want to stay and join. 3 more points against pompey should just about see us in I just pray we get in as this could be one of the clubs most important pre-seasons in the last 10 or so years of the club if not longer.

Dont slip up on this one blues!!! were so close!!

Guest blueboy122   
Guest blueboy122

First on the subject of sissoko averge player doesnt do much always concedes unneccersy fouls yer great at tackling tho but u need more than that to be as some of u mentioned a quality player. He is dreadful at passing and shooting and crossing one thing good about the lad he can tackle. Carsley is a far better player than sissoko

Fernandes yes must sign am sure moyes knows about his ability and vision passing shooting etc great player better than anybody in liverpools midfeild in my book only person that matches him is gerrard. We cant make everton a top four club by buying the likes of koumas etc and the 3-4 millions price tag championship players. If we are going to contend with the so called big boys of the premeiership then we need to be in the big boys market.

All in all fernandes class player must buy 12 million is a bargin at this price. It is there for the taking moyes. This lad is just pure talent and is only 20-21?

FERNANDES=MUST BUY

Fernandes yes must sign am sure moyes knows about his ability and vision passing shooting etc great player better than anybody in liverpools midfeild in my book only person that matches him is gerrard.

thats just stupid talk. gerrard is one of the best midfeilders in the world, and tbh ferenades isnt as good as him, yes no question fernandes is a top player but he isnt on the same level as gerrard.

Guest blueboy122   
Guest blueboy122

yes he is gerrard has done nothing this season for liverpool. Passin fernandes beats him vision fernandes beats him not to sure bout shooting from what i have seen both have quality shots

Personally, I think that we should go for him. With him, arteta, cahill, carsley and neville we will have a very balenced midfield with skill, creativity and strong work ethic.

Furthermore, I would not mind spending 12 million on a player, who in the future, could be worth 20.

lets be honest, Sissoko aint shite he has been one of Liverpools best players this season.

Mascherano will be one of the best midfielders without doubt but as will Fernandes imo.

Tbh We need to get Fernandes on the ball alot more, when him and arteta link up anything can happen as shown on his goal against united.

Manny will be up there with the best in Europe in his prime no doubt

Get Him ASAP MOYES!!!!!

yes he is gerrard has done nothing this season for liverpool. Passin fernandes beats him vision fernandes beats him not to sure bout shooting from what i have seen both have quality shots

yer so maybe he hasnt played aswell as he usually does, still doesnt mean hes not good, pains me to say it but he is defo in the top 3 best midfeilders in the world. anyone who isnt bias would most likely agree.

He is a must buy now. either we pay it or someone else will!

Not being funny im open to sugestions but somwone tell me a better pair of centre mids anywere that are better than these 2 lads.

Manuel Fernandes and Mikel Arteta.

I mean ive supported everton all my life and im 16 now and this is the best team ive ever seen everton have seen. And these to just stand out to be by a far way maybee along with lescott.

You could argue that there some teams who have just as good or slightly better but there is non that could top them by a considerble amount.

I realise the way that they are allready linking up with each other as class knows class you can see it when they play they are looking for each other all the time.

The potential is see for the future with these to in the middle is scary and with an extension for arteta and a permi for fernandes is see is with a bright future. arteta only just 25 fernandes 20 come on! there brilliant. I was so down about the result yesterday but i come out of it realising how close we are to being a great team. If we play are cards right in the summer we are getting there. It is massive we get in to europe also to make people want to stay and join. 3 more points against pompey should just about see us in I just pray we get in as this could be one of the clubs most important pre-seasons in the last 10 or so years of the club if not longer.

Dont slip up on this one blues!!! were so close!!

anyone think of any??

this is almost one for the rubbish post thread, but while its so funny ill just leave it here!

as good as the best midfielder in the world, haha he's good but get real

can think of a few.

who?? names please..

im not being a nob lol i just think that highly of them and just cant pic anyone better of my head.

around the same age anyways. i thought kaka and pirlo was one of the only ones but i see the potential in mikel and manuel to go to that level.

who?? names please..

im not being a nob lol i just think that highly of them and just cant pic anyone better of my head.

yer i know your not mate its sound (Y)

imo -

fabregas and rosiky

lampard and essien

gerrard and alonso/sissoko

ronaldo and scholes

kaka, guttaso

thats some i can think of atm

yer i know your not mate its sound (Y)

imo -

fabregas and rosiky

lampard and essien

gerrard and alonso/sissoko

ronaldo and scholes

kaka, guttaso

thats some i can think of atm

yeh true lol

theyd give alonso and sissoko a strong run for there money though :)

GMC    4

But Barton is a complete knob.

Mac    0
But Barton is a complete knob.

Couldn't agree more, and the news today just underpins that opinion.

ATB

Mac

If you want a d**k head i hear mike tyson is available on a free as a cheaper allternate to barton if you want a top level profesional footballer there one who go's by the manuel fernandes and he is there for the taking.

I think we have Fernandes but can't imagine his price would be more than £6m - he is still unproven so don't think his price tag is that high yet.

Oh and as for the Gerrard comparisons....Gerrard is in a different league to Fernandes, Gerrard commands the midfield and can alter games, I can't see Fernandes being that type of player Fernandes likes to be more skillfull and attacking. I think Fernandes is going to be world class, just not Gerrards type of world class.

from icliverpool -

However, it is now highly unlikely Everton will take up their option to sign Fernandes.

The Portuguese midfielder has been on loan from Benfica since January, but the asking price to make the move permanent is believed to be £12million.

And Moyes said: “It’s something that we’ll look at, though the price is probably a bit too rich for us, if it’s correct.”

I carnt belive this^^ All moyes wants is a young lee carlsey who runs his ass off, hits shit passes and gives loads of fouls away. Yes Carlsey has been great this and last season im thankful for that but the talent that Manuel has got shouldnt be missed out on by us.

Pissed off, If Moyes doesnt get him he needs his head sortin out..

tbh i dont think we will get him the price is just too much and i agree 12m is too much.

lets say we get 15 - 20m for transfers that is nearly all gone and we wont have enuf for a good striker, a good defender and some back ups our squad is just to small to throw money like that around on one player.

dont get me wrong i would love him to play for us next season and be number 10 :) but i wouldnt put my money on it.

what im saying is dont be too down hearted if we dont get him and he goes to another prem club with alot of money

I carnt belive this^^ All moyes wants is a young lee carlsey who runs his ass off, hits shit passes and gives loads of fouls away. Yes Carlsey has been great this and last season im thankful for that but the talent that Manuel has got shouldnt be missed out on by us.

Pissed off, If Moyes doesnt get him he needs his head sortin out..

I'll disappointed also but I think we all knew that we were never going to spend £12million on one player. We need three or four players in the summer, we cant afford to just get one new player in no matter how good he is.