IGNORED

Manuel Fernandes

manuel fernandes.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. fernandes for 12 million yes or no?

• yes
    • no

Just to finaly clear up what people think im not sure what are funds are but i know if the worse comes to the worse and the price tag is 12 million would you still want him??

I belive we should get him and if we do want him act quick before the window opens as there maybee other people watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eTy6DwPHQ&NR just a little bit of him

Edited by Jackelz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the price Bill, never. However, Barton is not a player who comes onto my radar, I don't like him as a human being and that is it for me. I know personal feelings should have nothing to do with quality players, but for me it does.

ATB

Mac

id pay upto £15m for this kid =]
Especially since he is only 20. He still has major potential to improve even more. If we get Fernandes we might not be able to do much more over the summer but I definitely think he would be worth it.

I read somewhere that Moyes is building Everton by adding two better (than current option)players each summer. I would expect the club to spend around 16 mil this summer. As long as we can hold our current list, i would be happy to spend 12 on Fernandez and 4 on a left back. If we sell Beattie, Pistone and VDM (6mill?) and pick up Nugent (4) and someone else from the lowers - i would be happy.

I honeslty expect already that Dm has said to the board that he wants Fernandes.

I beleive that things might happening behind the sceene to sort out a deal and I beleive that come the first 2 weeks of the transfer window Fernandes might be signed however think he can sign outside the transfer window as he is already on loan like Howard.

I would not pay £12m up front but don't think I would have to much or a problem with something like £6-7m and another 4-5m say on add ons and sell on fees.

Think that is the way DM and everton will approach the subject.

Also wouldn't surprse me to see Pistone and VDM leave if can get around £500k for them (both)

Answer of the question is yes would have him but not upfront price of £12m

Even though at a young age Fernadez has played a lot of football already, he was a reqular starter for Benfica at 19 year old!

He was only able to play 2 out of 3 games for Portsmouth to stop a automatic transfer (three games on the run).

If I remember correctly Portsmouth where at least 4th in the table when Fernandez was in the team. Not saying it was all down to Fernandez, but I would now hazardouse a guess that he more than did his part.

He has played at every level for the Portugues national team.

Moyes has and will get a really good chance to access Fernandez, I posted a few weeks ago to say that in the last 10 games Fernandez should be tested to the max in a 4 man midfeild (no matter who we play), and it looks as if Moyes is doing this.

Considering his age, the fact he has just be thrown in to the centre of midfeild from day one (no pre-season to get used to the club, Liverpool or his team mates), considering the above, up to now, this 21 year old has impressed the pants of me.

His skill on the ball to lose a player and make that extra bit of space on the feild and then some of the killer passes we have already seen, potentially makes him the type of player you would consider moulding your team around. Not to many player who can do this.

I know £12M is a whole lot of money, but consider this,

- he has fallen in our lap so to say, and we will have first option on him (abiet at £12M)

- We have a golden chance to bring a player into the team - that dare I say has the potential become a world class midfeilder

- I would say paying £12M is a 50/50 chance of maybe loosing money or making money in any future transfer of him.

- In the past we have been interested in quality player only to miss out in an open market (Scott Parker, Sissoko, to name but a few)

- At this time would you swop Fernandez for the £18M Micheal Carrick?

- I don't think Fernandez would come in on a mega wages contract in the first instance.

- How often have Everton being in the driving seat for the purchase of real quality youngster?

Yes, we may have to pay over the odds for the player - But if the money can be made available for his transfer then from what I have seen so far he may be the player that may be worth taking that gamble on.

If we are to 'move on' then one or two chances need to be taken. When was the last time we had a real possibility of buy a player of Fernandezez potential, and how long before we have another chance.

Seize the day I say - and looking at the vote, most will behind Moyes when it comes to bringing Fernadez to the club permenently.

i would easily pay £12m for Fernandes, ive only seen snippets on youtube (damn australia) of his skill and i know he can make mistakes but he is class. Moyes is looking to turn Everton into a top 4 team, as i see it at the moment.. Chelsea Man U Arsenal and Scummerpool are top 4 teams, we have shown this season we can beat scummerpool and Arsenal or atleast keep them at bay so we are nearly there. A player or two like Fernandes can move us up to the stage where we can regularly beat teams like the Scum and Arsenal and coast past lower teams with ease. if we do sign him our midfield top 4 will be extremely good on paper. :~>

yes, fernandes will improve our team, but like you said, a few more players like him. well if we spend 12m on him, there wont be any money left for a few more players. i rate him very highly, but i think 12m is quite out of our reach. and i stick by him being worth 6, but would pay upto 8

I would defo. pay 12 mill - i assume this would include all add-ons etc . I dont think it would be up front 12 - maybe 10. Getting players of this class and calibre sends a message to other potentials. We have had problems attracting class players and these kind of signings are positive in more than just one way. We need to hold onto Arteta, Cahill, AJ, Yobo, Lescott though. I dont want to see us pick up one class player and let another go - this doesnt equal forward progress in my book.

At this moment in time, We have a golden chance to pick up this player, who in my opinion has already shown huge potential. Moyes will get a really good look at him before a desision has to be made on spending big money on him.

If Moyes sees him as the furture of the Everton midfeild and is willing to splash £12m, then I am behind him.

Moyes is not the type to spend money just becasue he can, he does take a degree of care in choosing the player that come to Goodison.

My guess is £12m is very much a top end figure that will include plenty of add ons. Can't see it being a straight up £12m fee in the first instance.

The lad can play with the ball at his feet - as good as I have seen in a Everton shirt for a long while, he is an inteligent footballer, who has got very good passing ability and he is not scared and capable of getting a tackle in. Not bad for a 20 year old.

I want to see him a permenant fixture at Everton.

Its not going to be often we are in the driving seat picking up such player - I really think we should take a chance on him.

I really think it could be a missed opertunity if we don't sign him this summer.

How sick would we all be if he did go on over the next 4 year to be a real class player, and we missed the chance of having him on our books.

He really has got the raw talent to be a class act.

What has impressed me the most is that he came in to our squad with little football over the last couple of month, a new set of team mates. But has just slotted in to his position.

I would just love to see him start next season, match fit with a pre-season behind him in an Everton shirt. My guess is we have only seen the tip of the iceberg of what he could bring out squad.

It may sound rate silly but when your recored signng is 12 million it shows you have ambition unlike teams like fulhams ect 2 mill 3 mil signings its what sepertaes you on the pitch aswell. This may sound extream but he has all the potential as a 20 year old to end up being world player of the the year and I would prefer it if he done this with us.

The point im really tryin to put accreos is 12 mill could be turned into lost and lots more is a chelsea or madrid comes in for him say by the time he is 23. Plus it sends out a statment to your arteta's cahills ect that we have alot of ambition and we are showing that in forking out thew money and them seeing this will know he is a top player and want to stay here all together.

surely if,as it has been said we have first option on the lad,then why don't we just wait and

see what he does for us in the remaining games.Just about every team has waisted big money

on players before and they always will.......so if he has a great finish to the season and helps us

get into europe,and his price tag is £10-12million,then yes go for him.If the move goes wrong

and he turns out like other high price flops!tough!!

The lad can tackle,create and he will(when he settles)score goals.

The question is though,could the money be better spent.ie two or three players?

Bit like Newcastle with Owen!should they have bought 3 really good players for that money?

• 2 weeks later...