IGNORED

Being Unfair To Faddy.

robin.jones

What would you want to do if we got a reasonable offer for faddy. I think it's pretty obvious for what ever reason he is only going to be a bit part player. I think at a smaller club where he is given more freedom he would become a very good player and could thrive. I would let him go for 3/4 mil because I think he will never quite fit into our style of play.

Even though this would sort of weeken the squad which is as strong as it has ever been. I think with the 4 main strikers we have and the coming through of lukas we have enough up front.

Been said before, he may not be a great goalscorer but he's a scorer of great (and very important) goals....ask any Scotsman!

He made sure we got into Europe with the "Goal of the season" in the last minute against Charlton and kept us in Europe with the equalizer in Kharkiv. I wouldn't want to sell a player with that capability. Is it fair on him? His decision I guess, if he asked to leave then maybe at the right price but if he wants to stay and be part of the bright blue future then I'd be delighted.

I want to keep him. We have a strong squad that want to succeed together. Sure there are no guaranteed places in the team but that's got to be a good thing and also I'd like to think that DM will be our Ferguson and bring success and stay for a long time. Stability is important in management and players.

I think faddy is an impact player for us and in all thetime he has been here he has never been a regular. He is nto able to play the lone stiker aswell as the other four . I think he needs a team set up to play to his strengths and we are not that team

even when he plays and scores Moyes seems to leave him out the next game etc so he obviously looks to be about 5th choice striker at the moment. I like Faddy but I just can't see him being happy that far down the pecking order. If McLeish is taking over at Birmingham I can see McFadden being one of his first signings in January, I reckon about 4-5m+. I'd be sort of sad to see him go but 4-5m+ for a player who seems destined to start every game on the bench (at best) is good value and could be used to strengthen the midfield.

^^ I agree wholeheartedly ^^ Tho i Feel a bit sorry for Mcfadden, he came here with a lot of expectations and over the years has been linked to several moves but always spoke well of the Blues and always stated that he wanted to stay and push for a first team place, but i think with the players we have now ... Yakubu, Johnson, Vaughan, and Anichebe, i dont think he has any chance of becoming a regular. He's never quite made it so i think he might as well move on.

PS ... Good call on Mcleish and Birmingham, you could well be right.

Out of the "five" forwards available, could McFadden be the one who could maybe fill Cahills role if he got injured.He offers different things to the others and that's always handy.Lot's of games coming up and he could play his part.Only really he and Moyes know the situation, part of becoming the highly respected manager that that he is, Moyes must learn to look well ahead at what's best for the club and not the player, if he wants to make friends he's in the wrong busuness.........I hope we can afford to keep him........I hope he wants to stay.

Think Faddy done himself no favours by telling Moyes he didnt want to play left wing when Kilbane left, we had nobody else and thats when Moyes gave VDM a couple of games on the left, tho he always came on as a sub cos VDM couldnt hack it.

Faddy has played with a striker and just behind a striker but never shines, always tries to beat one player too many looking for the Spectacular Goals. Its come off a few times but he has lost the ball on too many occasions, and is not the ideal team man to play the simple ball.

If you could put a spyCam on Pienaar you will see perpetual motion, always gives a simple ball and runs, never see him standing still, a good team player, and i cant see us getting him for 2-3 million, will cost us more like 5 million.

Out of the "five" forwards available, could McFadden be the one who could maybe fill Cahills role if he got injured.He offers different things to the others and that's always handy.Lot's of games coming up and he could play his part.Only really he and Moyes know the situation, part of becoming the highly respected manager that that he is, Moyes must learn to look well ahead at what's best for the club and not the player, if he wants to make friends he's in the wrong busuness.........I hope we can afford to keep him........I hope he wants to stay.

I always thought that Faddy could play the Cahill role but Moyes never seemed to want to play him there (more as a traditional striker) when Cahill was injured so we have to assume that Moyes doesn't fancy it. He hasn't got the pace to play on the wing and I just think it would be probably for the best all round if he moved on, I think he has too much talent to sit on our bench but at the same time he's unlikely to ever be first choice. Being greedy it would be good having him on the bench as he can make a difference and with Yak/Anichebe possibly at African Nations then we may need him, but doing what's best for all parties I think it's time for him to move on and make a name for himself somewhere else. We have far more need of cover on the wings or a really decent CM than we do a fifth choice striker.

If you could put a spyCam on Pienaar you will see perpetual motion, always gives a simple ball and runs, never see him standing still, a good team player, and i cant see us getting him for 2-3 million, will cost us more like 5 million.

the buy out clause in the loan deal is for £2m

the buy out clause in the loan deal is for £2m

Could be a bit of paper talk Steve, tho it should'nt be a lot as they got him on a free ...........

Borussia Dortmund has loaned midfielder Steven Pienaar to English Premier League Club FC Everton until the end of the upcoming season (2007/2008). Both clubs agreed not to disclose the fee.

""that says we havent disclosed the fee for the loan, doesnt say anythin there about how much to buy him""

Also does'nt say anything about the option to buy Either, Maybe we got the loan of him just to help him back to fitness, and he goes back at the end of the loan. Would be a bit of a blow if that was the deal.