IGNORED

Reading Fc. (home)

Bill

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like MOTD are going to give serious coverage to the fourth place fight as the top three didn't play today.

Running order..

Aston Villa v Newcastle

Everton v Reading

Sunderland v Wigan

Middlesbrough v Fulham

Bolton v Portsmouth

Derby v Tottenham

West Ham v Birmingham

Ok just got back from the game (really bad journey back) and thought id put my thoughts up.

Firstly that was the first half was probably the worst 45 mins of football i have seen this season (even the second half against arsenal we played better) It really was dire, hoofed the ball up every single time and let aj feed off scraps.

Second half was better, but at best was only ever mediocre. Vaughn changed the game for us, manny didn't play badly but needed to come off beasue he was left redundant due to our apparant inability to play through the middle of the park. Osman began playing in the second half and looked threatening. Defensivley we looked solid, Jags was again brilliant, Yobo looked very solid, Lescott (bar one silly mistake) looked his usual best. Neville however was dire, worst player on the pitch by a very long stretch.

Reading looked good today and won't go down if they keep playing the way they did today.

all in all good three points, probably the worst home performance this season though.

Osman recovering from injury, Fernandes hasn't played much and will be trying to get back to prem pace, Cahill back from the other side of the world....well that's most of the midfield!

Reading playing for their lives.....no one would expect them to get anything from Goodison!so no pressure there!...for them.

Ugly wins are fine by me!.....beats pretty defeats any day!

We can and will play better.

Readin did well, fancy us being out muscled eh.

1st 45 they didnt really let us play, Johnson was never going to get much change out the 2 Giants.

Goin 2 up top opened things up a bit.

The long ball stuff was a worry, Jagielka whilst a macth influencing player was a bad culprit. As was Neville, not only that but geee he turned over a lot of ball as well. ( Moyes mentioned the pitch as 2nd worst to Wigan - Sort it )

Fernanades seems to switch off @ times, must be sorted.

Arteta got fouled all day, whilst Ossie & Tc were never going to have that much impact playing behind Johnson fighting for hoof scraps.

Wasnt great, wasnt the worst I think the opposition can take some credit, they hussled us, out numbered us in the middle & werent affraid to dive in.

Always thought we would pinch it, they hardly pounded our goal.

Vaughan is becoming some option :)

Joleon Del Piero had some good moments down the left wing 2 .

MOTD Jags for me, as well as the goal, theres a goal saving interception tackle, and an equally goal saving block tackle at 1-0. awful game really, Carsley was a liabilty today, he could (maybe should) have been sent off for tackling knee high on c*nt i mean hunt and failed to do his job as midfield screen i would have taken him off at HT but i assume manny had a problem because he couldnt really get in the game, midfield was nowhere today, didnt really help all we did was hoof it, but we hadnt scored in games recently so the important thing is we got the goal, hopefully this gives us confidence to play a million times better.

two things

why have VDM on the bench, i dont recall him even running the line to warm up!!!

2) you know how hotels (good ones anyway) the cleaners leave chocolates on the pillows etc how about at Goodison instead of the bloke chucking them, everyone gets a toffee mint placed on their seat so everyone has 1 each.

Here's Hoping Yak appologies mean he plays soon or we're screwed.

Maybe we should start Jags and Lescott as strikers for our next game

coz it seems their the only players that have been able to score in the last month

Thats makes me recall how far we have come....in fact that remind me of the days when we actually did use defenders to play up front as strikers....poor walter Smith....he was in such a position!.....oooooooooo we are in a progress!

Pleased to get three points, pleased we kept clean sheet. Disappointed by the performance but reminded of that tired cliche "good teams win matches even when they're playing poorly." Delighted weve kept fourth spot after taking just five points from three games.

Heres hoping the big three win their games giving Everton a nice little points cushion over their rivals.

Two Everton players make it into Garth Crooks' "Team of the Week" on the BBC Website...

Unsurprisingly Phil Jagielka is one of them...

...the other?

:o

Ready?

Are you sitting down?

Phil Neville :o .

Carsley kept telling Neville to pass the ball to Hunt!.........So determined was he to run his studs down that horrible little mans leg.....finally he got him!

What goes around comes around.....remember that MR Hunt!

Bad tackle yes!.......mind you I bet the Chelsea goalkeeper didn't see much wrong with it!