IGNORED

Reading Fc. (home)

Bill

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been looking at Readings recent form and its worse than Derby County, 6 league defeats on the trot starting with a 6-4 defeat to Spurs.

Since then they have played another 5 lost all 5 and only scored 1 goal, against 10, :o altho they have played manure and chelski it still looks as if they are in freefall.

Whatever team we put out on saturday should be good enough to beat these, i'm going for a comfortabl 4-0, with Arteta to at last get his shooting boots on and score at least 1, maybe 2.

I'm just thinking that bringing Yobo back into the team would be a bit Harsh on Jags cos he and Lescott have been sound in the last couple of games, i wouldnt be upset if i seen this team for saturday.

............................HOWARD..........................

NEVILLE.....JAGIELKA......LESCOTT......BAINES

............................YOBO.............................

ARTETA.....CAHILL...........FERNANDES....OSMAN

...........................YAKUBU..............................

Think Joey could do a great job there, he's good with his head, he's mobile, a great tackler, and he's much more confident with the ball than Carsley who needs a rest, poor form recently.

Just been looking at Readings recent form and its worse than Derby County, 6 league defeats on the trot starting with a 6-4 defeat to Spurs.

Since then they have played another 5 lost all 5 and only scored 1 goal, against 10, :o altho they have played manure and chelski it still looks as if they are in freefall.

Whatever team we put out on saturday should be good enough to beat these, i'm going for a comfortabl 4-0, with Arteta to at last get his shooting boots on and score at least 1, maybe 2.

I'm just thinking that bringing Yobo back into the team would be a bit Harsh on Jags cos he and Lescott have been sound in the last couple of games, i wouldnt be upset if i seen this team for saturday.

............................HOWARD..........................

NEVILLE.....JAGIELKA......LESCOTT......BAINES

............................YOBO.............................

ARTETA.....CAHILL...........FERNANDES....OSMAN

...........................YAKUBU..............................

Think Joey could do a great job there, and much more confident with the ball than Carsley who needs a rest, poor form recently.

Never thought of that Licker, Great team and a deserved rest for Cars.

Would love to see that formation happen, but i cant see DM going for it.

Cahill is flying to Oz on Wednesdays to play in the world cup qualifiers so he won't be able to play.

Yak and Yobo are straight back from Africa so will be knackered. Pienaar is injured.

Fucking ridiculous. We are having to play such a weakend team.

Need AJ and Arteta to step up, I've really not been impressed with either of them this season.

Thought Cahill flew out after the game saturday.

Everton's Tim Cahill has been picked by Australia for this week's World Cup qualifier against Qatar, but Liverpool's Harry Kewell has not.

Cahill, who played at Blackburn on Saturday, is currently making the trip for Wednesday's clash in Melbourne, but the midfielder will struggle to be back in time for Everton's next Premier League game - at home to Reading on Saturday.

While Cahill is wanted by boss Pim Verbeek, Kewell has been deemed surplus to requirements.

The Premier League's Australian contingent are likely to face another lengthy trip next month - the Socceroos are due to play in China on March 26, just days before the final Merseyside derby of the season.

I'd like to see Jagielka and even more so AJ given the nod for the Reading game over our returning Africans.Think it would be a clever move by Moyes to say to AJ, here you go Andy, Yakubu's back and may get a run as a sub, but your starting again today go and give us a couple of goals......I think after the dissalowed goal against Blackburn, he will be up for it.Plus Yakubu if needed could go for the hero from of the bench.

Unless Yobo has had a great couple of games away....then why not give Jagielka the start?

Piennar if fit I would have been tempted to bring straight in!

I would say that to drop points against Reading and we wont be looking at fourth.

Can see a backlash to the injustice against Blackburn.....with a 3-0 win.

Yobo In Midfield, have you recently taken up Crack Bill ? ( been done before & was a woefull experiment - Rside I think )

Only way Jags should play ahead of him is if Joey is farked, exhausted etc.

Please people, jag's had a cple decent games, but he aint fit to tie Joey's shoe laces.

Think he used to play Centre mid for his National side, holding just in front of the back 4.

FROM WIKPEDIA

""However, many blues fans acknowledge Yobo's effortless grace on the ball, capable passing, excellent tackling skills with great pace and acceleration, as well as effortless heading of the ball.""

Sounds like a good midfielder to me. :P

I'm sorry but you can't drop Jags!!!

No way!! He has been playing out of his skin, I WASN'T bowled over by him initially but he (alongside JLo) has been excellent the last couple of matches & Moyes tends to shhow faith when a player has played well, as he should IMO!! Yobo will have to wait for his time again thats what Moyes is doing this season especially, a player is out injured or something else & he has to work to get that position back & fair play thats the way to have a succcesful squad!!!

Same goes for the Yak albeit slightly different cos we ain't scoring many but again AJ was excellent (bar goals) against Blackburn...

Edited by Licker

I'm sorry but you can't drop Jags!!!

No way!! He has been playing out of his skin, I WASN'T bowled over by him initially but he (alongside JLo) has been excellent the last couple of matches & Moyes tends to shhow faith when a player has played well, as he should IMO!! Yobo will have to wait for his time again thats what Moyes is doing this season especially, a player is out injured or something else & he has to work to get that position back & fair play thats the way to have a succcesful squad!!!

Same goes for the Yak albeit slightly different cos we ain't scoring many but again AJ was excellent (bar goals) against Blackburn...

licker, i know ur saying 'albeit slightly different cos we ain't scoring many ' but take a look at your earlier post of what u reckon the team should be.

We really have to start picking up points again, or at least scoring goals:-

Howard

Neville Jags Yobo Lescott

Arteta Manny Cars Baines

AJ Yak

I'd go for this line up, it would be unfair to drop Jags as he's really come into his own in the last few weeks, i didn't think he would start giving us selection problems when Yobo came back. I've left Ossie out as i think that he needs a bit of time to be brought back, he's been looking of the pace and fades to quickly, i think atm he will make more of a impact of the bench.

AJ has worked his socks of and has been robbed of a goal and two possible penalties so he just about deserves his place, but he needs to keep giving defences problems.

It will be great to have Yak back and i'm salivating at the prospect of having Steve P back.

I think Pienaar has been the big miss for us, we had cover for the others but not him. I'm sure the Gosling and Mcfadden money £7 or 8 million could have got Arshavin or similar and possibly earned us 4 more points.

You have to speculate to accumulate. ;)

I'm sure the Gosling and Mcfadden money £7 or 8 million could have got Arshavin or similar and possibly earned us 4 more points.

You have to speculate to accumulate. ;)

Pure speculation B) .

If Gosling turns out to be another DM gem then it'll be the right decision.

You have to accumulate to ameliorate :P .

Anyway, for me...clean sheet...three or four nil. Lescott, Yak x 2 and Ossie. My VDM predictions seem to have passed their sell by date :( .

Pure speculation B) .

If Gosling turns out to be another DM gem then it'll be the right decision.

You have to accumulate to ameliorate :P .

Anyway, for me...clean sheet...three or four nil. Lescott, Yak x 2 and Ossie. My VDM predictions seem to have passed their sell by date :( .

Rephrase it. VDM has passed his sell by date.