IGNORED

Reading Fc. (home)

Bill

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not personaly, just for everybody who shouts for those player to walk straight back into the team, yes ok if we are desperate but why should we fook about with the team and play 3 players out of position just to accomodate them.

It just doesnt make sense to me.

Well, with all the injuries and the nonsense I'm calling a mulligan and revising my squad.

---Neville---Jags---Lescott---Valente

---Arteta----Cars----Manny----Osman

-------------AJ-----Vaughan-----------

Wessels

Yobo

Cahill

Hibbert

Baines

Not exactly a Champions League bench, but the 11 should be able to take care of Reading, 2-0 AJ and Manny

I've heard somebody calling for a John Collins and a Captain Morgan but what the hells a Mulligan. :D

"...any minor blunder which is allowed to pass unnoticed or without consequence..."

Came from golf originally, having another free go if you hit an airshot or someting equally as bad, now in common use for other games/sports (in America obviously).

We British call it cheating ;) .

Edited by MikeO

Well, Baines came through at left mid against... Tottenham was it? Or did he get injured?

But, as you already said Licker, Ossie is most definitely not a winger and since he isn't fit and has looked completely fucked - thus, IMO, totally fucking up his best qualities, quick feet, passing, balance - by even an hour it just doesn't make sense to misuse him there. So if Baines is not injured and fit I'd just rather personally him get a run out since he hasn't played as much as Osman and so could do with some match time.... and I can't see another alternative. Also, I'd rather not play Valente if possible and so I'd shove Joley out there and so bring Joey into the middle. However, I see that he is unlikely to start the game so it looks like good ole' Nuno after all <_<

Looks like my twenty-five yardscreamer from VDM is back on ;) .

Yakubu is omitted from the squad to face Reading but fellow Nigerian Joseph Yobo returns to the starting line-up.

He partners Phil Jagielka in the heart of defence, with Joleon Lescott switching to left-back to fill the gap left by Leighton Baines' absence through injury.

Tim Cahill comes straight back into the side after returning to Merseyside on Friday following Australia's encounter with Qatar in Melbourne in midweek.

Andrew Johnson continues up front alone, with support provided by Cahill and the usual midfield quartet behind him of Mikel Arteta, Manuel Fernandes, Leon Osman and Lee Carsley.

Tim Howard maintains his place after playing for the USA against Mexico on Wednesday. Andy van der Meyde is given a spot on the bench alongside James Vaughan, Tony Hibbert, Nuno Valente and Stefan Wessels.

Sad to see Baines out again, i think we will have a long term problem with him, aka the left back jinx position stikes again. :huh: 4-1 to us AJ 2, Cahill, and Arteta. .................Kitson for them but watch out for Hunt.

PS.... van der meyde to get on for the last 2 mins.

why are we playing so terribly?????

i'm watching the game and am nothing but frustrated after every possession

everyone just keeps whacking the ball up the field hoping AJ can do something but it's not happening

they need to just start playing foot to foot, keeping the ball on the ground

if we do something like that then we can pick our way right through reading's defense

Poor poor poor poor first half.......!!!! Damn lousy game!

Cahill was super poor..never won anything apart from the final header in the dying minute.....he is real waste of space at this moment....Fernandes is not what he used to be..he is only 10% of what he used to be....poor......Arteta and Johnson as usual are trying their very best! Jag scares me with his defence at times!!!....poor game in all.....

Let's hope we have something to cheer about in the second half, else i can imagine reading sneaking one past us!

In all...its a poor game....Reading was winning all the second balls our players did not give a fick abt second balls...P.N has a love for Hunt? he seems to pass the ball back to him -always!! luckily we have wonder V ...he made a big diff on the second half...well played fella...and ho yes our JAG had a fantastic second half...scorring one and preventing one againts us!>....but in all, this game is a DISAPPOINTMENT but happy for the three points!

3 hard earned points but what a fucking woeful performance.

Also we must have the thickest players in the Premiership. You would think after 10 mins of hoofing the ball up to the strikers and seeing the ball come back against us would make us stop hoofing the ball, but no for the next 80 mins we carried with the same old shit. I'm getting deja - fucking - vu. It's the same with us backing off and allowing too much space. LEARN YOUR LESSONS FOR GOD SAKES.

I can't really comment on Howard because he had jack shit to do. Neville had a crap first half (like everyone) and was perhaps the only player who had an even worse second half. Constantly gave the ball away. Yobo was solid as usual. Jagielka was my MOTM, not because he scored but he made two goal stopping tackles. His goal was just a bonus. Lescott was immense as we've come to expect him to be. Osman played the best he has done since coming back from injury for me, you can tell he's not 100% but he's getting there. I'm not going to lay into Manny for his shitness because when he was warming up before the game I thought he might have a bit of a niggle (i.e. running laboured, getting extra treatment from the fitness people). Cahill was rubbish, again. Is he Moyes' lovechild? Because he seems to play him regardless of form or tiredness. He needs to be dropped and we need to play a proper 442. Carsley was also very poor again and also needs dropping, hopefully that will happen when we get Pienaar back. Arteta wasn't at his best and he should let other players have a go at set pieces. I feel really sorry for AJ, all the first half he had to contend with hoof after hoof on his own and then when we give him a partner to play alongside he showed that that's how he works best, but then he missed that chance. It harder to miss than score. I hope it hasn't dented his confidence too much. Vaughan was incredible when he came on, and showed that I was right to want him to start alongside AJ. He chased everything down. I love this boy and he will be our number 9 one day.

All that matters is that we got the 3 points, but we can't keep carrying players and putting in disappointing performances.

COYB!

Notes I have from the game:

Very scrappy game, but the type of game we are all used to. Today made it very evident that in the 4-5-1 we become a set piece team. With Carsley, Jags, and Neville hoofing it, we will never have the right service for AJ.

I was actually surprised Moyes subbed Fernandes and not Osman. The past 2 games Osman hasn't been himself.

I know many will disagree, but I would consider benching Carsley. His lack of pace, sloppy passing, and overall poor defense on the counter attack really has me wanting to see a different lineup. His strategy of just trying to backpedal and stay in front of the person with the ball got exposed a couple times as Kitson and Doyle blew past him a couple times. There was also an instance where he gave up a shot just outside the box at the end of the first half when he could have charged. I have a feeling though Moyes won't take him out as long as the backline and Howard keep holding up clean sheets... /rant done

I would keep the backline as it was today. I will never get tired of Lescott charging down the wing.

Fernandes and Arteta offered some creativity, but mostly quiet and the occasional sloppy pass. I did like seeing Arteta being a little selfish and taking a shot in the box for himself.

I think that toe is really bothering Osman. He has been completely non existent.

AJ had another good day of work effort, but he needs to find his finishing touch. He should've had an easy one after being their keeper.

At the end of last season we had a a lot of success with Vaughan and AJ up top- maybe we should switch back to the 4-4-2 with Cahill coming off the bench.